Play Nice Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 6 - Prosperity Theology, The Coal Man + His Bootlickers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

For what it’s worth I am a Ranger driving middle aged tradie and I won’t be voting for Scatty.

To be fair that's because you're committed to your "bring back Bucks" campaign for 2022

I can't understand why people are making a big deal of this fact?? It is a relevant question to be asked for a guy who has effectively turned up and said "please let me in". It seems like sound governance to me to give the Vic Govt an opportunity to sponsor him (given there is clearly an issue with him getting in as a non-sponsored arrival).

People sprouting due process as some gotcha moment makes absolutely no sense to me. Is the implication the Federal Government stopped ND from getting in, but secretly wanted him to stay, so asked the Vic Government to help??

If not, who really cares that this took place?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL. Take a shot at the guy highlighting the hypocrisy of the PM instead of the lying politics of the PM. Idiocy.

'No Prime Minister, we expect you to follow the laws of our country.' is the right answer.

Not shifting your media position from hour to hour, and day to day, just because it suits your political agenda of the moment.

Cynical it may seem but I reckon the reason for that shift in public position is pretty clear isn't it?

Say it as you see it, inconvenient or not.

I’m wondering WTF this National Cabinet actually talks about. The idea was to agree some universal approaches to pandemic management. It’s really deteriorating to a point where Scotty stands up and says his view (and NSW) about how things are going to roll, followed promptly by various states announcing their own, individual plans.

COAG was a bit of a nightmare - rarely concluding or signing off national strategies other than token affirmations sans detail, which was predictable given the cast of characters at any different moment, but this is way sillier

Very predictable, division along political lines.

COAG was a bit of a nightmare - rarely concluding or signing off national strategies other than token affirmations sans detail, which was predictable given the cast of characters at any different moment, but this is way sillier

Actually that is simply not true.

Judged in its entirety, COAG was a successful inter-government forum that oversaw a host of successful national strategies across issues from health to education and child care, crossing party political divides to gain a sense of national action on major policy issues in the face of difficulties presented by the separation of state and federal responsibilities under the Constitution.

And what's more there was an independent national body created to monitor progress on the national agreements and issue public reports on progress on a regular basis, including detailed annual reports monitoring progress against agreed targets.

Sure there were failures, petty bickering and bureaucratic bumbling on several key agreements over time but in terms of transparency, accountability and achievements COAG is light years away from the brain fart 'National Cabinet' BS that Morrison has established to dodge responsibility.

Last edited:
Actually that is simply not true.

COAG was a successful inter-government forum that oversaw a host of successful national strategies across issues from health to education and child care, crossing party political divides.

And what's more there was an independent national body created to monitor progress on the national agreements and issue public reports on progress.

In terms of transparency, accountability and achievements COAG is light years away from the brain fart 'National Cabinet' BS that Morrison has established to dodge responsibility.
I managed to get them to agree to ‘user pays’ pricing for utilities (as per Rio Agreement), but in reality they rely on fixed charges. This results in pensioners (low volume, low strength of effluent) paying twice as much for water and wastewater treatment as commercial restaurants (high volume, fats and oils in discharge). Hence no incentive for heavy polluters to reduce strength of discharge to sewer - ‘polluter pays’ not invoked.

I should have been a better advocate, as compelling case for reducing; water rates, impact on wastewater infrastructure and damage to environment.

Last edited:
Turns out Novak has been transferred to the same hotel that asylum seekers in indefinite detention are held in.

I wonder if people will start giving a crap about the people in indefinite detention as opposed to a tennis player.

The real question here is how was he even allowed to board the flight to Melbourne if his evidence was not correct as the ABF have asserted?

Usually, ABF has someone checking all that stuff before boarding in Dubai…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back