Not open for further replies.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In other news this thread is 5 years old
In other news my freezer is cactus. Repair guy says unfixable.

Probably not going to replace it as (1) we have 2 fridge freezers anyway, (2) we squeezed everything from the freezer into the other fridges anyway, (3) having a freezer means we buy food we don’t need, (4) electricity usage.

Just the spew that this stuff just isn’t built to last. Copper tubing is minimally used. Where possible they use aluminium and steel tubing to save money. Old fridges may have been inefficient and contained environmentally damaging gasses but they lasted for ages as they were well built. These days they are made to last about 5 years. Ours turned 5 this week. Almost as old as this thread.

And I do know about ACL.

Had a bunch of kids at our property, basically grew up together, couldn’t get through a game of laser tag that one family brought for them. Were all screaming about cheating and unfairness.
All the parents ended up walking away and wondering how they would have coped growing up playing the same game with tired old slug guns.

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Had a bunch of kids at our property, basically grew up together, couldn’t get through a game of laser tag that one family brought for them. Were all screaming about cheating and unfairness.
All the parents ended up walking away and wondering how they would have coped growing up playing the same game with tired old slug guns.
Is paintball still legal in Vic?

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My brother still has a couple, so may see how we go.
Don’t know about using the the old darts though.
Only for the kids that are playing up the most. Otherwise, these would do just fine. As far as I know one of my cousins still has one of the ones on the right embedded inside the back of his knee from a bit of fun on the farm a while back.

1641472478990.png

Should have tried that one where every kid holds a $5 against a wall with their nose, or forehead .... the player there last wins all the money. It's kinda good for a while, but then 1 kid is happy as, and the others turn into the Kelly gang :cool:

KiwiRoo

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2007
New Zealand
AFL Club
North Melbourne

that brings back memories Lomas !
slug gun hide and seek with a wet bit of paper instead of a slug. You got found you got shot.
still got a decent bruise even without the slug !

all ended in tears when my mate shot his younger sister who wasn't participating in the game and she told his folks.

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
slug gun hide and seek with a wet bit of paper instead of a slug. You got found you got shot.

all ended in tears when my mate shot his younger sister who wasn't participating in the game and she told his folks.
One word... Layer Pellets

if you get the right ones they are .177 calibre.

Last edited:

Should have got two for snitching

Apr 7, 2013
Brizvegas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hajduk Split
Dear VW dealership.

When a customer makes a appointment for a later date to have your head mechanic go for a 5 minute drive with me .
And you send daily SMS's to remind of me of said appointment the last 5 days.

And when i turn up on time, and you say to me , 'no way is no one going for a drive with anybody today'
HUH ? On Tuesday, we changed our protocols due to Corona. No one in dealership is wearing a mask, except when the service manager goes outside with me.
And you couldn't text me or email about the changes ? So now i lose a day of earnings because i'm self employed and I've wasted my time coming here ??

Umm. Umm. You have a performance car, they should make noises and rattles.
Really ?? I name previous cars that were fine.
Ummm. Your car is 25% built more rigid.
What ???
My friend has a 150K Mercedes that rattles
What ???
You can make another appointment at a later date and our mechanic will test it by themselves.
Thanks you smug campaigner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back