Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
bloke is married with grown kids and still dosen’t look like he’s in his 60’s

pretty crazy

Fantastic genes, he is ageless. You can go watch any clip of him from say 2000, then watch Cobra Kai and kind of see that he’s aged a bit but not by much. 😂

The last two main actors we need to see make a return to this universe is Sean Kanan and Hilary Swank. I hope it happens otherwise it would feel like something is missing from the series tbh.
Take it to the bank, Sean is returning.

There is an hour interview of him about KK3 done recently. Its a certainty to happen.

Swank Im not sure, but given the writers and Macchio mentioning how KK4 is part of the universe, thats enough for me to believe that they are mentioning this for Swank to appear. Though it may lead to the monks too lol. Swank is doing a few projects with Netflix so one can assume its likely to one day involve Cobra Kai. Though it may just be like Shue appearance, rather than a story arc.

torq

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Cobra Kai the number one show on Netflix. Huge money spinner for the executive producers including Macchio and Zabka. If they want Swank and Kanan, they’ll have the budget to pay them plenty. Not sure how Julie would be written into the show but it would be interesting to see Miyagi’s two students meet and reminisce.

Cobra Kai the number one show on Netflix. Huge money spinner for the executive producers including Macchio and Zabka. If they want Swank and Kanan, they’ll have the budget to pay them plenty. Not sure how Julie would be written into the show but it would be interesting to see Miyagi’s two students meet and reminisce.
Cobra Kai S4 iin 1st position is leading Cobra Kai S1 in 8th place. :drunk:

1.png

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
I reckon some sort of anniversary maybe to do with the war, Julie goes to represent her grandpa? And miyagi or something, so does Daniel, and he's like wtf?

That or maybe they meet at the grave.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
After four seasons they surely would've worked it in by now if Miyagi mentioned Julie to Daniel... He clearly didn't.

Did he ever mention Daniel to her? I'm not watching the movie again to find out.

torq

Club Legend
Aug 16, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
After four seasons they surely would've worked it in by now if Miyagi mentioned Julie to Daniel... He clearly didn't.

Did he ever mention Daniel to her? I'm not watching the movie again to find out.

If Miyagi and Daniel were close until his death, surely he would have mentioned Julie. If the two characters meet, it would make no sense that they never heard of each other. I think there might have been some passing reference to Daniel in Karate Kid Part 4, not sure. Haven't seen it in twenty years. Might watch it again one night, if only as a reminder of how lame it was.

Daniel going to Miyagis' grave and finding Julie there that would be awesome
My theory on the absence of mentioning Julie, is probably they wanted to 100% know if she would be interested before committing to mentioning or referring to her in the Miyagi universe.

The writers have accepted KK4 as part of the universe.

She will be in this series, but to what capacity, that I dont know.

If Miyagi and Daniel were close until his death, surely he would have mentioned Julie. If the two characters meet, it would make no sense that they never heard of each other. I think there might have been some passing reference to Daniel in Karate Kid Part 4, not sure. Haven't seen it in twenty years. Might watch it again one night, if only as a reminder of how lame it was.
Mr Myagi died 2011.

If she is part of the Myagi universe, then 100% Daniel knows her, as she would have been at his funeral.

I think they will "uncover" in the series that they knew each other before he died.

Watched this secene again forgot how touching and emotional it was

From Season 3

For me, Im not going to deny the scene that touched me was when Daniel's work life was almost screwed and he meets the little girl who he saved who now happens to be in charge of their international division at Toyota (something like that).

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Mr Myagi died 2011.

If she is part of the Myagi universe, then 100% Daniel knows her, as she would have been at his funeral.

I think they will "uncover" in the series that they knew each other before he died.
I can imagine Mr Miyagi being the type to have a quiet funeral... After all we know that not even Kumiko and her mum/nan/whoever it was that Miyagi fancied, Sato, etc were there. Old mate didn't appear to have a large social circle.

Julie could've been traveling or something and missed it.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
I wonder if they'll address the death of Sid/Ed Asner. Obviously he had a RIP in the episode one credits, but will they kill off the character? Just asking because what it could mean for Johnny. Would he receive any sort of inheritance?

Mar 4, 2002
In a state of flux
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Red Sox, Melbourne Storm
I wonder if they'll address the death of Sid/Ed Asner. Obviously he had a RIP in the episode one credits, but will they kill off the character? Just asking because what it could mean for Johnny. Would he receive any sort of inheritance?

I thought they severed ties irreconcilably and can’t see him leaving money to Johnnie

I thought they severed ties irreconcilably and can’t see him leaving money to Johnnie
Correct.

It ended in that manner, I agree. I think if he was still alive, there may have been a story-line continuing.

I think any money left for Johnnie if there was some, will only be revealed probably at the end of the series.

Mind you a loaded and cashed up Johnnie would be a funny character change for him.

Maybe he can pay for Miguel's tuition at college, which given they talked about how expensive it is.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United
Cobra Kai S4 iin 1st position is leading Cobra Kai S1 in 8th place. :drunk:

View attachment 1306809

That is crazy considering Cobra Kai Season 4 only started on December 31st and the episodes have a run time of 30-45 minute over 10 episodes. Imagine how many re-watches there have been to reach that number haha.

That’s the beauty of cable/streaming services. Give me a 10-13 episode season with episodes ranging from 30-60 minutes over a 22-24 episode network season.

That is crazy considering Cobra Kai Season 4 only started on December 31st and the episodes have a run time of 30-45 minute over 10 episodes. Imagine how many re-watches there have been to reach that number haha.

That’s the beauty of cable/streaming services. Give me a 10-13 episode season with episodes ranging from 30-60 minutes over a 22-24 episode network season.
What I think may have happened also with a new generation is that they may have also watched first the KK movies, the followed with the series as a natural progression.

Not to mention also with the popularity of Cobra Kai Season 4, a lot of viewers late to the game, may have wanted to see what all the hype was about and decided to watch Season 1.

As a fan, its controversial for me to say, but I think I would find Cobra Kai TV series enjoyable if I didnt see the KK movies. The TV series is awesome because of the movies, as a stand alone product it isnt, IMO.

Would be interesting if anyone on here hasnt seen the KK movies but only the series, I highly doubt though.

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Correct.

It ended in that manner, I agree. I think if he was still alive, there may have been a story-line continuing.

I think any money left for Johnnie if there was some, will only be revealed probably at the end of the series.

Mind you a loaded and cashed up Johnnie would be a funny character change for him.

Maybe he can pay for Miguel's tuition at college, which given they talked about how expensive it is.

I don’t think he was seen in season 2 before appearing in season 3, so just cause the writers didn’t have him in 4 doesn’t necessarily mean he’s killed off.

I guess I just have no idea how Johnnie is continuing to live the last two seasons. No dojo, no real job, then teaming with Daniel who does it for free, etc. Manages to afford a warehouse and new gear for eagle fang, paint job on the car. How?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought Kresse was boss untill Silver came along lols
Got a sneaky suspicion that we will see a new boss in s5.

Expect these cheap shot words to be echoed again.......

Come on, get up! Get on that line! Get on that line, LaRusso! You're worthless! Your slope teacher's nothing! Get up, man! You're no champion! Get up! You suck, LaRusso! You suck, man! And your teacher's karate is s**t! You hear me? It's s**t!

You're a joke, LaRusso! Your karate's a joke and your teacher isn't worth s**t! He's nothing! He's nothing! And you're nothing! I own you! I own you, LaRusso! Where's your little Jap teacher now, huh? He's a phony, man! He's a fake!

Back