Remove this Banner Ad

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi team!

News from AFL Europe is that the annual Euro Cup will very likely take place this year after a couple of years absence due to covid. The date is set for 18/06, the location is Sterling, Scotland.

AFL Poland has decided to do everything we can to field a women's team in this tournament. The name of the team will be the Polish Angels (the men's team is the Polish Devils). Therefore, we'd like to run yet another competition for a logo design for this new national team.

COMPETITION DETAILS:
  • Deadline for entry: 4th of February 2022
  • Selection process: all the designs will be shown to the players and they will vote on their preferred design in a poll. Note that there may be entries from outside BigFooty too. The players have until the 6th of February to vote.
  • Award: The award for the winning Bigfooty logo is $40. If a Bigfooty design doesn't win the final poll, we will still award the $40 to the BigFooty design which placed highest.

LOGO PARAMTERS:
  • The colours must be red and white only. See below for the Polish Devils logo. Please match the colours to that logo
  • The ladies have asked that the logo isn't especially "girly". They are a fierce bunch, and despite their moniker being less than fearsome, they want to avoid anything too "cute"
  • There are no other strict requirements for this logo. I only have two remarks to make:
    • The logo can reflect the Polish Devils style - a simple and effective symbol
    • Or it could be character-based - depicting an actual angel(s). Both styles are fine
  • Due to the important nature of this for AFL Poland, I'd like to gather at lease 6 designs before closing the competition, and that's why I'm keeping it open to entries for a whole month. Just to make sure we have a good amount of ideas to choose from
  • I've also included a picture of all the current logos we're using just fyi. Many of them have been designed by Bigfooty. The partnership with this forum has been amazing

Final note - does everyone agree that $40 is a fair price for a logo design? If you have any remarks on this, please DM me. I'm open to ideas if it will generate more interest in the competition

Many thanks, and good luck!

Devils.png

AFL Poland logos.png

Oct 10, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
So I'm not exactly proud of how these turned out (I do like the idea though), but I'm away from home and don't have access to my computer. Had to draw by hand and then try to colour/clean them up in a phone app. It was not the easiest thing in the world 😂

The middle vertical line is meant to be a sword descending from the heavens bathed in holy light or what could be interpreted as wings in the second one.

I wanted to keep the shield, weapon and preferably the stripes from the Devils logo so there was a bit of repeating theme between the two.

Untitled13_20220107011121_1.png
Untitled13_20220107011526_1.png

Originally the sword was far more defined and the wings were far more wing like, but I've had a few drinks and the shattering realisation that I can't draw wings at all really took the steam out of that idea, but I feel it could work. Here was my very embarrassing draft.

IMAG0932.jpg

I think it could turn out very good if more than 5 minutes of thought went into it.

I'm not entering these designs (at least not in the state they are in) but if someone likes it enough and wants to clean it up then go for it, and take all the credit. I was just having a bit of fun.

I hope the team brings a the flag/trophy back home. Good luck to them :)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
While it's incredibly embarrassing to post these, I spent far too much time trying to figure out the editing app to just bin them 😂

Oct 10, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
I actually really like the concept! It works, and I’d definitely accept it as an entry
I'm not sure when I'll be able to clean it up as I might be away from home for a little bit, but if I can I'll submit a final version.

But if someone wants to nick it in the meantime I'm 100% cool with that.

Oct 10, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
What device/app are you using? We might be able to recommend an alternative
Ibispaint X. It's alright for an app I suppose. Definitely the most in depth one I've used, I'd certainly take suggestions on better apps though. It's just so awkward and imprecise with fingers on a phone so any steps I could take to minimise the annoyance would be appreciated.

It would be handy to have a good app for editing ideas when out and about.

May 26, 2017
Uruguayana, RS (BRA)
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Grêmio, DC United, Pistons
So I'm not exactly proud of how these turned out (I do like the idea though), but I'm away from home and don't have access to my computer. Had to draw by hand and then try to colour/clean them up in a phone app. It was not the easiest thing in the world 😂

The middle vertical line is meant to be a sword descending from the heavens bathed in holy light or what could be interpreted as wings in the second one.

I wanted to keep the shield, weapon and preferably the stripes from the Devils logo so there was a bit of repeating theme between the two.

View attachment 1306904View attachment 1306905

Originally the sword was far more defined and the wings were far more wing like, but I've had a few drinks and the shattering realisation that I can't draw wings at all really took the steam out of that idea, but I feel it could work. Here was my very embarrassing draft.

View attachment 1306906

I think it could turn out very good if more than 5 minutes of thought went into it.

I'm not entering these designs (at least not in the state they are in) but if someone likes it enough and wants to clean it up then go for it, and take all the credit. I was just having a bit of fun.

I hope the team brings a the flag/trophy back home. Good luck to them :)
I actually like the first sketch a lot.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
I actually like the first sketch a lot.
Ibispaint X. It's alright for an app I suppose. Definitely the most in depth one I've used, I'd certainly take suggestions on better apps though. It's just so awkward and imprecise with fingers on a phone so any steps I could take to minimise the annoyance would be appreciated.

It would be handy to have a good app for editing ideas when out and about.
You could try auto desk sketchbook (also free) or if on IOS procreate (Paid)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The first official training took place for the women’s team. 10 girls were in attendance.

Fort Nysa has taken on the responsibility of building this team because they have strong contacts to local sports and universities. We also have one lady who plays for us in Warsaw (actually just plays in the men’s team!). So that’s a great start!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back