Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Whitfield at 3 so Hall Lloyd Whitfield?

My POD is Hewitt over Sicily
Gone Ziebell for substantially cheaper, over Hall at D1 .....Ziebell great early with a fresh body, fell away late with a dodgy back

Reckon he'll be better in his 2nd year as a DEF .....1st year was a learning year ....Hall will drop in price, so I'll have him as an upgrade option

Lloyd at D2, Whifield D3 ......with :eyes: on Milera at $378K

Gone Ziebell for substantially cheaper, over Hall at D1 .....Ziebell great early with a fresh body, fell away late with a dodgy back

Reckon he'll be better in his 2nd year as a DEF .....1st year was a learning year ....Hall will drop in price, so I'll have him as an upgrade option

Lloyd at D2, Whifield D3 ......with :eyes: on Milera at $378K
That's what i have with Hall too, he will drop eventually. Be interested to see how much ball is down there for North or whether they improve. I am not certain on Ziebell but I just can't

Got Milera but expecting him to get injured then looking around for someone cheaper like the random rookie from Essendon

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Got Milera but expecting him to get injured then looking around for someone cheaper like the random rookie from Essendon
Milera's injury is a difficult one to get back from ....can't recall the few other AFL players that have struggled coming back

Only reason I haven't written him off completely as a Fantasy player is the addition of Darren Burgess to the Crows fitness staff ......could build some resilience into Milera

Also I have zero idea what role Milera will play .....ease him in, or throw him in at the deep end with a pivotal role (HB or Wing)

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Whitfield at 3 so Hall Lloyd Whitfield?

My POD is Hewitt over Sicily

My 'unique' is Ridley over Sicily at this stage - as I think the Kelly inclusion will push him up to Top 6 DEF status, given he won't have to play a lock down role.

Very similar to Stewart in the way you guys seem to want to use him, so I think he can hit that 95-100 mark this year all being well. What do you think as an Essendon supporter?

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
My 'unique' is Ridley over Sicily at this stage - as I think the Kelly inclusion will push him up to Top 6 DEF status, given he won't have to play a lock down role.

Very similar to Stewart in the way you guys seem to want to use him, so I think he can hit that 95-100 mark this year all being well. What do you think as an Essendon supporter?
Wonder if he will also be doing the kick outs as that'll make him a must have at some point if he is

Milera's injury is a difficult one to get back from ....can't recall the few other AFL players that have struggled coming back

Only reason I haven't written him off completely as a Fantasy player is the addition of Darren Burgess to the Crows fitness staff ......could build some resilience into Milera

Also I have zero idea what role Milera will play .....ease him in, or throw him in at the deep end with a pivotal role (HB or Wing)
Burgess has me keen on Laird imagine if gets another 5 percent TOG averaged just 80% TOG compared to Steele 84%

Milera is there as a look i can find cheaper i hope

Hard to see what our back 6 looks like

Locked and loaded is
Laverede
Kelly
Heppell
Ridley

Will we try to ease Reid in as an intercepting defender, will Zerk come in and take the KPF and allow Ridley to go free, Stewart will be there as well

I would maybe wait a couple of games if i was honest

Wonder if he will also be doing the kick outs as that'll make him a must have at some point if he is
Interesting first 3 games averaged over 90% of kick ins after that struggled his way to 50.6% of kick ins but Essendon seem to love to share Between Redman/Heppell

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Max Verstappen, Pacers, DR3
Thoughts on Nic Newman ($725k) surely he has the Jake Lloyd role now that Sam Docherty is out long term.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Thoughts on Nic Newman ($725k) surely he has the Jake Lloyd role now that Sam Docherty is out long term.
Do we know how long Doc is out for? Does Doc out make Z Williams a decent proposition after a horrid year? Lots of questions with that blues team. I actually don’t mind Hewett at his price. Feel like he’s a shoe in for mid time

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Do we know how long Doc is out for? Does Doc out make Z Williams a decent proposition after a horrid year? Lots of questions with that blues team. I actually don’t mind Hewett at his price. Feel like he’s a shoe in for mid time
Not sure how long Doc is;

Williams ive never had him and i never will, absolute Trap that guy.

Hewett i don't mind will have to watch over the preseason, real cheap. Low 80s enough for D4?

Hewett i don't mind will have to watch over the preseason, real cheap. Low 80s enough for D4?
Hewett I can see taking the Curnow role, and maybe safer then Sicily

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool

If hewett goes low 80’s I think it’s enough for D6 by end of the year with how perceivably weak the defence line is across the board. I wouldn’t be unhappy paying his 530k price tag and having him go 80. That’s a win for sure. If he plays mid surely he can go 80+ too. Pre season watch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
If hewett goes low 80’s I think it’s enough for D6 by end of the year with how perceivably weak the defence line is across the board. I wouldn’t be unhappy paying his 530k price tag and having him go 80. That’s a win for sure. If he plays mid surely he can go 80+ too. Pre season watch
He's priced at 63, if he goes 80 then he'll make around 140k which makes him a nice stepping stone coupled with a maxxed rookie to a 900k premo. He would probably be one of the last upgrades though.

The only problem with paying $500k+ for somebody who is going to score around the 80 mark is that you can often find a $200k rookie that can go at 65-70, saving you $300k for minimal loss in scoring… and let’s face it that $300k probably makes up more points elsewhere than the 10-15 that you would lose by downgrading Hewett to a rookie anyway.

The counter to that point of course is how many decent rookies will we have in defence? Hard to know at this point, but probably not many. In any case, somebody like Hewett only becomes relevant to me if there are insufficient decent rookies available on that line (possible) or you think he can average closer to 90 (unlikely but far from impossible) which would put him a fair way ahead of what most defensive rookies could get to.

Oct 9, 2004
Phuket
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Scorpions West Ham
Jack Crisp $854K priced at 102 which he has achieved 54 times in his 175 games (31%)

or

Dyson Heppell $795K priced at 95 which he has achieved 95 times in his 191 games (50%)

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
For the past few seasons we've seen defenders move positions into the midfield with great effect. Last season for example, it was Mills and Laird.

This year's candidates:

- Maynard
- Hewett
- Dawson
- Bowes
- Petrevski-Seton

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Jack Crisp $854K priced at 102 which he has achieved 54 times in his 175 games (31%)

or

Dyson Heppell $795K priced at 95 which he has achieved 95 times in his 191 games (50%)
Not worth comparing over an entire career. Most of Heppell's scores were playing as a centre square midfielder, which he is no longer.

Mar 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
For the past few seasons we've seen defenders move positions into the midfield with great effect. Last season for example, it was Mills and Laird.

This year's candidates:

- Maynard
- Hewett
- Dawson
- Bowes
- Petrevski-Seton
I'm not sold on SPS having a defined midfield role just yet (hope he does though), and I think Maynard is too good down back to be moved so also not sold there. The rest I'm very high on

RowellAnderson12

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 4, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams

This year's candidates:

- Maynard
- Hewett
- Dawson
- Bowes
- Petrevski-Seton

I’m locking in Bowes, he’s back where he belongs. Inside guts

Watch out for Farrar or Jeffery I feel one of these guys will be playing Bowes role pre bye 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back