AFLW NMFC AFLW [Season 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't look to be at the level but first game!

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
She was good in the first half, disappeared in the second.

Mia King stepped up today, 15 possessions, 4 tackles and a goal. She was in the middle of nearly every pack as well, if she wasn't a red head, you'd say she was a Riddell clone.:)

Solid effort and rose to the occasion in the final quarter. Great early pressure set us up. Really like how we kept plugging away, trying to get the game on our terms. Ash R was epic.

Jess Duffin’s footy brain continues to excel. Really hope Katie Ashmore gets the honour of being the first player to 50 games.

Looking forward to having Carnage back next week.

High pressure, average first round skills, an improved Geelong side, a few new kids not quite up to it yet, new defensive/forward structures and missing a few players.

Ash and Bruton stood up when it mattered as did Ash. Mia King looked comfortable rotating into the midfield.

Duffin and Ferguson were very good down back.

Tall forwards competed well enough, but their lack of influence was a bit disappointing. Weren't helped by poor entries and rushed ball movement. I liked Rennie's game and I can see why we got her.

The ins next week should help.

Coverage and commentators were a bit of a negative today.

Last edited:
On the bright side, it’s good to see a low-key first-up performance for a change. In past seasons, we’ve generally started out like a house on fire and run out of steam when the “whips were cracking”. Let’s go all the way this time!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm thinking along the lines of a tall, strong body against a proper FF/CHF or resting ruck. Our midfield is great, but depths of talls is not. I reckon it'll cost us at some stage.
She had a great build but was soft as butter and had no physical presence and couldn't take a contested mark.

She had a great build but was soft as butter and had no physical presence and couldn't take a contested mark.
And was as slow as anything. Definitely need more tall timber on the list though.

It showed how quickly the draft players are surpassing the bulk of the league. The rate of improvement in the AFL feeders will change the balance of power quickly.
Which is a good thing for the league and the standard of games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any reports from those lucky enough to be at Arden St? How was the vibe of the North crowd?
Subdued, I’d have to say.

Jenna Bruton, absolute champion and my best today. Very glad Kashy recovered.

Any reports from those lucky enough to be at Arden St? How was the vibe of the North crowd?
Yea, not as vocal in the lull, also they let in too many cats fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back