FTA-TV Dexter: New Blood (Season 9)

Remove this Banner Ad

How good was it to hear the OP background music in the flashback scenes. Took me right back to the Miami days (the good seasons at least).

It feels like the torch is set to be passed in the finale. Or is that too obvious?

Last edited:
How good was it to hear the OP background music in the flashback scenes. Took me right back to the Miami bays (the good seasons at least).

It feels like the torch is set to be passed in the finale. Or is that too obvious?

Yeah that was great. It was good to see the old clothing he used to wear as well especially the classic henley top.

With the events of the last episode, I think we could see the following...

Angela corners Dexter, Harrison kills her to protect Dexter, Dexter stays to fall for the crime and Harrison flees. There will be a cameo from Batista over the phone with Angela which will be the final straw in her knowing he is the BHB, if she isn't sure already. The series will end with Harrison stalking his first solo prey, with his first voice over as the final line.

Fantastic episode, not sure why Harrison asked Dexter to teach him how to pick locks when he picked a lock in one of the first episodes.
When Harrison did it he basically broke the locking mechanism off the door. Dexter’s way was much cleaner and more professional/less detectable.

Great episode.

Why would Kurt leave the note for Angela saying Jim killed Matt Cadwell?

Kurt thought he was in control of the situation and was going to kill dexter and harrison at the cabn when he set fire to it.

Once he realised Dexter had found his trophy room he raced home and packed his stuff which was when Dexter got him. Did Kurt make a detour in between burning the house and going to pack his stuff up? Big risk if he did.

He wouldn't have left the note before the fire because he wouldn't want Angela getting in the way of killing Dexter.

Great episode.

Kurt thought he was in control of the situation and was going to kill dexter and harrison at the cabn when he set fire to it.

Once he realised Dexter had found his trophy room he raced home and packed his stuff which was when Dexter got him. Did Kurt make a detour in between burning the house and going to pack his stuff up? Big risk if he did.

He wouldn't have left the note before the fire because he wouldn't want Angela getting in the way of killing Dexter.
Plot hole to wrap it up quicker

Great episode.

Could've had it ready as insurance and one of his guys delivered it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ending spoilers, copied from Reddit.

After finding the titanium screw in the burnt wreckage of Dexter's house, Angela pretty much immediately arrests him. She calls Batista, who drops some exposition regarding LaGuerta's suspicion of Dexter, and says he's heading to Iron Lake after hearing he's still alive. Angela then reveals she suspects him as the Bay Harbour Butcher, laying out her investigation into the use of ketamine in the town. Dexter manipulates her into going to where Kurt kept his trophies, using it as a distraction to escape from jail. He murders Logan after he attempts to fight back rather than give Dexter the keys to the cell, and then meets with Harrison in the woods, wanting to flee to Los Angeles with him.

Harrison realises that Dexter murdered an innocent man, and says that he wants to be normal. He says that Dexter is to blame for all that's happened. A montage of Dexter's collateral damage plays as he comes to the same realisation. Dexter refuses to surrender or flee alone, so he guides Harrison on how to kill him. He's killed by Harrison shooting him in the heart with the rifle he was gifted for Christmas, and dies holding "Deb"'s hand. Angela gives Harrison some money to flee the town, wiping his prints from the gun and claiming she killed Dexter herself. Harrison leaves Iron Lake, seeing a convoy of police vehicles heading to Iron Lake. This all happens to a voiceover of Dexter reading his letter that he sent to Hannah.

Another imo horrific ending.

Unless dexter gets killed. I was thinking what if the big twist is Harrison uses the code on Dexter? I guess we will find out in a few hours.
I was thinking Dexter would use the code on Harrison. But may be as u say.

I was suprised but not all that suprised at how it played out. I had a feeling Harrison wouldnt be totally on board with it all. For a minute there I thought we were gonna get a season 2 with Harrison and Dexter in L.A. But Dexter got what he deserved in the end so I think its the right ending from that point of view. Yeah the m99/ketamine plot hole is bemusing but not the end of world I guess.

I really thought we would get more cameos apart from Batista but covid made it difficult I guess. Also not sure how you bring em organically unless they are all still at miami metro and they showed what happened after.

I was watching the original pilot not long ago on and I was sure that bay harbour butcher victim Angela showed Dex in the autopsy pics is the the very first person we saw Dexter kill in the original pilot. So I went back and a checked and it kinda does look like it. Also noticed in that opening there was a full moon on the night just like Angela saw in this ep and in the pilot Dexter is driving towards a kill in darkness with a montage of Miami, where as the ending is Harrison driving in the light with a montage of Iron Lake. So I think it was a deliberate choice to juxtipose those scenes to symbolise a more hopeful future for Harrison (with a lot of therapy lol).

Pretty, pretty, pretty good. A definite improvement over the final season of Dexter and some closure/justice. Perhaps my only disappointment was that there was no face to face reunion between Dexter and Batista. It would have been dramatic to see Angel look into Dexter's eyes knowing he was the Bay Harbor Butcher.

After watching it at midnight Ive had some time to process it all.

They were trying to do the right thing by the fans but the execution was bad.

Instead of the mess that happened at the end which started by Dexter killing Logan to justify Harrision killing Dexter, they should have made Dexter remember that fitting in was his dad's idea and that his dad wouldnt have realised all the collateral damage that would have occurred with Dexter feeding his urges. Pretty much like a gambling/drug addict screwing their families lives.

Dexter comes to the realisation that he loves his son just like Debra and that he doesnt want Harrison to die like she did. He is still conflicted because hes fed the Dark Passenger for so long that he is unsure whether his love for his son can beat it.

Dexter escapes from jail without killing Logan and asks Harrison to see which path Harrison wants to take. Whether he wants to join him or not. Harrison clearly wants to stay in Iron Lake due to Audrey and lets his dad know this. They embrace/hug and Dexter lies to Harrison telling him hes going to move away alone.

So to Dexter the decision is clear, he must die so his son can live ie. like the title suggests Sins of the father.

Then they can finish on however they want to kill dexter ie. on the run with police or he suicides.

I would have loved a scene where Bautista/Vince and everyone finds out Dex is the BHB but they dont disclose it to anyone else to protect Harrison.

Also an ending where Dexter sets up the kill room for himself with pictures of Rita/Deb/Laguerta as his victims woulda been good.

When Dexter is drying, they had to end with the creepy dexter music with his memories of his big bad kills before it fades.

Im pretty sure most would have been happy with that.

Last edited:
After watching it at midnight Ive had some time to process it all.

They were trying to do the right thing by the fans but the execution was bad.

Instead of the mess that happened at the end which started by Dexter killing Logan to justify Harrision killing Dexter, they should have made Dexter remember that fitting in was his dad's idea and that his dad wouldnt have realised all the collateral damage that would have occurred with Dexter feeding his urges. Pretty much like a gambling/drug addict screwing their families lives.

Dexter comes to the realisation that he loves his son just like Debra and that he doesnt want Harrison to die like she did. He is still conflicted because hes fed the Dark Passenger for so long that he is unsure whether his love for his son can beat it.

Dexter escapes from jail without killing Logan and asks Harrison to see which path Harrison wants to take. Whether he wants to join him or not. Harrison clearly wants to stay in Iron Lake due to Audrey and lets his dad know this. They embrace/hug and Dexter lies to Harrison telling him hes going to move away alone.

So to Dexter the decision is clear, he must die so his son can live ie. like the title suggests Sins of the father.

Then they can finish on however they want to kill dexter ie. on the run with police or he suicides.

I would have loved a scene where Bautista/Vince and everyone finds out Dex is the BHB but they dont disclose it to anyone else to protect Harrison.

Also an ending where Dexter sets up the kill room for himself with pictures of Rita/Deb/Laguerta as his victims woulda been good.

When Dexter is drying, they had to end with the creepy dexter music with his memories of his big bad kills before it fades.

Im pretty sure most would have been happy with that.
ha ha, what a crap writer he would have been. Thank * I did not watch that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back