Women's Footy AFLW Season 2022 - [C(Aine) feel that it's (Tighe)me?]

Remove this Banner Ad

No Franklin?

Was she always touted as a project? I thought the best of the youngsters would be good enough day 1 for AFLW
Nope not picked. Not a lot of feedback given as to why she wasn’t

She’s a little gutted as to be expected but she’ll debut soon enough no doubt.

I thought she’d play Rnd 1 but seems they’ve gone for the super pace of Makaela Tuhakaraina instead

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Nope not picked. Not a lot of feedback given as to why she wasn’t

She’s a little gutted as to be expected but she’ll debut soon enough no doubt.

I thought she’d play Rnd 1 but seems they’ve gone for the super pace of Makaela Tuhakaraina instead

See how the team line-up looks but it makes sense.

We've maintained a fairly pacey forward-line under Cooper and tried to play very directly to exploit that pace. I imagine adding Franklin to the line-up creates a risk of becoming too tall and losing that advantage.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Roxy Roux left out to build fitness.

se17enteen

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dillon Panthers
It’s in Ebony’s contract that Kara has to be selected so not surprised there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Looking at the big debuts size, may be a year they're looking to pace themselves early and time a run for later in the season.

Clems Knee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
What a queue! Snaking up to the gaol, then back past the old synagogue and down the main drag. I don’t think I’ll get in to see the first half.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Kiara just a bloody champion.

Stewart would be handy out there if we're looking for a bit of outside connection and a left footer receiving would give us a bit of a different direction of entry into the forward 50m.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Haven't seen E. Antonio since she was pictured laying on the ground which is a worry.

We'll do well to hang on if she's out for the rest of the game. In the other games the last quarters, all teams have really dropped off their skills and intensity. Could be a real slog, even with the breeze.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Nah. We're still ahead of them.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Very pleased, I'm still bullish by the end of the season but I actually saw some good signs from players such as East and Runalls tonight

I'm very hopeful that my predictions of a downfall are not as stated

Skilful teams such as demons and pies will be a massive test for us

C'mon girls

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Nah. We're still ahead of them.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app
100%.

We won easily and OD missed a very easy goal, it would have looked even worse the Weagles.

Reduce the uncontested turnovers, and the Eagles may have not scored a goal.

As Cooper keeps telling everybody that we have a younger and less experienced team than the Eagles.

Damn, we had 6 debut vs 3 for the Weagles. Wet Coast 3 players include experienced Gooch and Schmidt and only Thomas as a youngster. While

Lets look at the age brackets of the teams yesterday and see how much upside our team have over the weagles. Will add first rounders from last 2 years who didn't play.

18-20 Bowen, Thomas, Lewis, Ward, Rowley* vs O'Driscoll, Verrier, East, Tuhakraraina, Franklin*, Roux*, Strom,

21-24 none vs Stannett, Runnalls, Low,

25 - 29 Gibson, McCarthy, Cameron, Bresland, Schmidt, Collier, Atkins, N Kelly, G Kelly, Swanson, B Smith, Laurie, Gooch vs O'Sullivan, Tighe, Miller, K Antonia, Cain, McMahon, Toth, Hugh,
Houghton

30 plus Guard, Caulfield, Hooker, Gilmore, vs Bowers, E Antonia, Sergeant, Cuthbertson,

SiempreFreo

All Australian
Sep 29, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Went to the game feeling bit apprehensive. Left feeling elated!

By half-time our turnover stats weren't good (more than Eags) and oppo kicks to their unguarded forwards were frustrating. But Freo showed great determination to tackle, support teammates and keep momentum at all times and it paid off.

The Antonio and Miller goals were a joy and Gabby Sullivan's deserved a medal. Go girls!

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Losing Roberts to the Weagles will suck.

Roberts, Reidy and Wakfer are in the AFLW academy.

Ashleigh Reidy is from South Fremantle is related to Nicky Wimnar. She goes for the Dockers.

Does anyone knows if she is part of our NGA? If so its a lucky break.

Could open some interesting trade situations, as the bidding can be taken in the next pick. West Coast is the only team that can bid, which will be a second round pick.

Wakfer is a ruck who can go forward. Not a need but at least we get 2 and 3 best players in the WA draft.

'I want to be that sort of player': WA young gun's famous football inspiration (womens.afl)

Random conspiracy thought.
And I like our vic girls, so this is in no way a mark against them.
But I wonder if recruiting a couple from the east coast, with expansion clubs coming in this year, was a slight gamble at getting a pick ahead of west coast when they get traded back?
🤔🤔
Ella Insurance if you will

Remove this Banner Ad

Back