Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

The blind faith of Maiden fans never wavers.

F@ck me drunk, just make a couple of catchy 3n1/2 min songs & get over yourselves!!

Hey guys I'm launching a new show format tonight at 8pm. I'm essentially creating "street press in video" with gig reviews/previews. Interested on feedback on what you like, don't like and any suggested improvements. Cheers!

It's great that you're getting these gigs on tape, high quality sound/vision as well. I reckon a lot of punters would give highlight or, stand alone tracks, plenty of spins too, there'd be plenty there you'd have captured through out the course!

ab877339fe4ce3005c72bb9b383c665f.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deathevocation, have been watching Japan Sinks 2020 on Netflix. If you can get through episode 8 without getting emotional at the end, you're definitely more of a cold-hearted bastard than I.

It's been a week since some of you gents gave me much appreciated recommendations. Here are some thoughts on some of the bands I've spent some time listening to, in case you are wondering ----

Szron - Deathcamp Earth: Fits my bill and fits the COVID zeitgeist also. Great riffing, they get into a groove at times, and the icecold singing is hypothermic. Middle section of the album is wonderful. Subtle variations in riffing is very satisfying. I will be delving deeper.

Celestial Bloodshed - Cursed, Scarred, and Forever Possessed: Unpretensious BM,I think it is honest and not overwrought like some other crap out there. Basic components, no frills, the way it once was. Quite punishing and exhausting.

Furia: post BM? Avantegaard BM? Not sure what it is but I love it. Incredible albums, especially Księżyc Milczy Luty. Blended genres, interesting discordant chord changes and syncopation. Note picking is not very trad BM and gives the music another dimension. Full of nice suprises not knowing where they will go in the next section.

UADA: singer has Howard Hughes fingernails, and wonderful and outrageous singing. Become so accustomed to non English lyrics, quite a thrill comprehending the lyrics. UADA is a real Dionysian hedonistic band, it's like simultaneously gorging on bloody roast beef AND laying down with the Ryan twins upstairs. A bit like how I felt listening to ACDC live in the late 70s when they were making marvellously dirty and under produced hard rock, or listening to early Irons. Joyful and sinful pleasures. However, UADA is not BM as I understand it. They have too many bright toned moments, too much optimism in the music if not so in the lyrics, though the singing has too much variety and terraced levels to be BM in my untutored opinion. How anyone can think they are similar to MGLA boggles me. Sure, they have drummers and guitarists, but so did Beach Boys.

Ygg - Ygg: knew they were Ukranian on first listen. Astonishing album this one. The folk influence and recent centuries of struggle and war comes through in very meloncholic ways. It does make one want to stand up and resist the oppressor.

Maybe more to come later....

It's been a week since some of you gents gave me much appreciated recommendations. Here are some thoughts on some of the bands I've spent some time listening to, in case you are wondering ----

Szron - Deathcamp Earth: Fits my bill and fits the COVID zeitgeist also. Great riffing, they get into a groove at times, and the icecold singing is hypothermic. Middle section of the album is wonderful. Subtle variations in riffing is very satisfying. I will be delving deeper.

Celestial Bloodshed - Cursed, Scarred, and Forever Possessed: Unpretensious BM,I think it is honest and not overwrought like some other crap out there. Basic components, no frills, the way it once was. Quite punishing and exhausting.

Furia: post BM? Avantegaard BM? Not sure what it is but I love it. Incredible albums, especially Księżyc Milczy Luty. Blended genres, interesting discordant chord changes and syncopation. Note picking is not very trad BM and gives the music another dimension. Full of nice suprises not knowing where they will go in the next section.

UADA: singer has Howard Hughes fingernails, and wonderful and outrageous singing. Become so accustomed to non English lyrics, quite a thrill comprehending the lyrics. UADA is a real Dionysian hedonistic band, it's like simultaneously gorging on bloody roast beef AND laying down with the Ryan twins upstairs. A bit like how I felt listening to ACDC live in the late 70s when they were making marvellously dirty and under produced hard rock, or listening to early Irons. Joyful and sinful pleasures. However, UADA is not BM as I understand it. They have too many bright toned moments, too much optimism in the music if not so in the lyrics, though the singing has too much variety and terraced levels to be BM in my untutored opinion. How anyone can think they are similar to MGLA boggles me. Sure, they have drummers and guitarists, but so did Beach Boys.

Ygg - Ygg: knew they were Ukranian on first listen. Astonishing album this one. The folk influence and recent centuries of struggle and war comes through in very meloncholic ways. It does make one want to stand up and resist the oppressor.

Maybe more to come later....

Try Blaze of Perdition ‘The Hierophant’ too.

What the * is going on at the moment? Gigs are getting cancelled left and right. The government hasn't shut down venues have they? Canberra Metal Fest just cancelled and rescheduled for the middle of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back