AFLW St. Kilda vs Richmond Friday 7 January, 7.15pm Skybus Stadium Frankston

Remove this Banner Ad

i've been trying to think of who Stahl reminds me of, someone with the same talent but couldn't quite put it together, Relton Roberts anyone remember him? 😂 🤣

Nah, ooh aah, it's Marty McGrath I reckon

Might sound like a bit of a wank.r here but this shows how we beat ‘em I reckon.
They’re midfield don’t know how to play with each other, you can see they committed 2-3 players to the ball/contest alotve of the time and didn’t have anyone defending the outside and we kept finding the loose player.
Made em look silly.

KB is one of the best players in the country IMO. Great player.

Last edited:
Might sound like a bit of a wank.r here but this shows how we beat ‘em I reckon.
They’re midfield don’t know how to play with each other, you can see they committed 2-3 players to the ball/contest alotve of the time and didn’t have anyone defending the outside and we kept finding the loose player.
Made em look silly.

Another great thing about that passage of play.
Mon Conti, awesome team play. Some players couldve been tempted to run into the fifty to try and cherry pick a pass and goal. She runs back into play to shepherd and give KB another step or two for a deep entry.
29 possies and putting the team first.
Awesome.

T

That play would not have seen the light of day but for Hosking's courage to spear through those two Saint players off the back of the centre bounce early in the passage. Most players get tackled there or give up a bad disposal. All kudos to Hosking for mine!

T

That play would not have seen the light of day but for Hosking's courage to spear through those two Saint players off the back of the centre bounce early in the passage. Most players get tackled there or give up a bad disposal. All kudos to Hosking for mine!

Lavey came in off the wing and had three quality possessions in that play as well.

Another great thing about that passage of play.
Mon Conti, awesome team play. Some players couldve been tempted to run into the fifty to try and cherry pick a pass and goal. She runs back into play to shepherd and give KB another step or two for a deep entry.
29 possies and putting the team first.
Awesome.

Agree, that girl chasing Brennan may have got her she was making the ground, but Mon's body contact was enough for those extra steps of balance. Bet all the girls are chiding the miss by Wakefield in the good humour only a win allows ;)

kB and mon con 13 tackles bw them

I was surprised that Mon had that few and Brennan had that many when I looked after the game - I honestly thought Mon's game was like 10+ tackle game - she was very enthusiastic!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree, that girl chasing Brennan may have got her she was making the ground, but Mon's body contact was enough for those extra steps of balance. Bet all the girls are chiding the miss by Wakefield in the good humour only a win allows ;)
I love Courtney W , so underrated, seriously the best hands in W and crunches packs like a key forward should. Every damn time she has a chance to really put a ! On a performance she flunks the simplest of shots .

Agree, that girl chasing Brennan may have got her she was making the ground, but Mons body contact was enough for those extra steps of balance. Bet all the girls are chiding the miss by Wakefield in the good humour only a win allows ;)
Pretty good going when that was the only miss on goal all night.
Hope Bernardi gets a couple next Friday she looks the best I’ve seen her, looked hungry.
Bloody trampoline **** 😂

Pretty good going when that was the only miss on goal all night.
Hope Bernardi gets a couple next Friday she looks the best I’ve seen her, looked hungry.
Bloody trampoline **** 😂

Did you re-watch that goal in the 2nd (see it in the Mini-game Highlights on AFLW website) - it was real class and quality movement - hope the knees hold up!

I thought hoskos had more , they’re hard at it and set a real std

Don't they love the contact side of the game - they seek it out! Those two will make the world of difference to our side!

I love Courtney W , so underrated, seriously the best hands in W and crunches packs like a key forward should. Every damn time she has a chance to really put a ! On a performance she flunks the simplest of shots .
She is such a competitor with great hands. Heart is as big as Texas with the traveling she has to go through. I hope we have enough success this season for here to be tempted to go around again - it would be so cruel for her to miss the success the team is striving for.

I’ve been disappointed with Brennan’s output over the two years, but on Friday night she was absolutely superb.
She doesn’t need to boss it like that each week, but gee it would be nice.

I’ve been disappointed with Brennan’s output over the two years, but on Friday night she was absolutely superb.

Harsh marker - very good last season through the highs and lows. 2020 - Always cut players some slack in their first season - if they excel it's a bonus.

kB was very good last year , turned the corner early on kicked 14G and was awarded well deserved AA honours. She’s an elite player in W comp , terrific kick of the footy and great hands

Harsh marker - very good last season through the highs and lows. 2020 - Always cut players some slack in their first season - if they excel it's a bonus.
kB was KO in a bloody sloppy tackle v cats and took no further part in season 1 . Head over ball and oppo charged in knocked her out , really deserved 3w+

Made em look silly.

She has a lot of poise with ball in hand , great kick of the footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back