Position 2022 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Have reverted to 3 rookies in the mids in JFH, Daicos and Ward.

Hawks board seem really confident on Ward, reckon he will be starting R1 and play most games. Means Crouch and Rowell become M4+M5
Allows me to get 2 900+ players alongside a Lachie Neale type at M3.

Have reverted to 3 rookies in the mids in JFH, Daicos and Ward.

Hawks board seem really confident on Ward, reckon he will be starting R1 and play most games. Means Crouch and Rowell become M4+M5
Allows me to get 2 900+ players alongside a Lachie Neale type at M3.
Ward IIRC won a time trial ....so he's very fit, and a high possession gatherer .....he'll get a lot of game-time this season

I had Neale, but his history suggests he's a 100+ ave player .....so as part of my plan to have as many DPP's as possible, I've replaced Neale with Duncan in the Mids & his DPP

Where do we stand on Rowell? I’m really torn, priced at 55, he’ll outdo that but by how much? He isn’t a keeper either
People brought him last year priced at 70, predicting he would end up somewhere between 95-100
12 months on, has anything changed in regards to how we rate Rowell ?

Where do we stand on Rowell? I’m really torn, priced at 55, he’ll outdo that but by how much? He isn’t a keeper either
Just went Rowell down to a rook, really opens things up considering I'm looking to run Grundy and Darcy in the rucks.

Basically toying between two midfield structures:

1. Steele, Titch, (Mills/Oliver/Laird), Simpkin, Serong, JHF, Daicos, Ward

2. Steele, Titch, Simpkin, Serong, Crouch, Rowell, Daicos, Ward

Think I like number one more. I agree Rowell's unlikely to be a keeper and hopefully a rook can score similarly or at least generate cash faster than Rowell would.

Just went Rowell down to a rook, really opens things up considering I'm looking to run Grundy and Darcy in the rucks.

Think I like number one more. I agree Rowell's unlikely to be a keeper and hopefully a rook can score similarly or at least generate cash faster than Rowell would.
Crouch is the big one. If playing round 1 and has a pre season game under his belt he’s an absolute lock given he’s priced in the 70’s and capable of a 110 average

The JHF, Daicos, Ward combo is excellent imo. I think they’ll be the top 3 rookies this season. All playing in teams where they should get both midfield opportunities and plenty of games

Not keen on Neale?

Crouch is the big one. If playing round 1 and has a pre season game under his belt he’s an absolute lock given he’s priced in the 70’s and capable of a 110 average

The JHF, Daicos, Ward combo is excellent imo. I think they’ll be the top 3 rookies this season. All playing in teams where they should get both midfield opportunities and plenty of games

Not keen on Neale?
Yeah could easily keep Crouch in both midfields and upgrade a forward or defender.

I'm keen on Neale but it's pretty much a choice between him and Serong for me. I'm backing Serong in to score equally to Neale. He's so far proven to be durable and his points per minute are impressive. Hoping his TOG will increase this year and the points will follow. The role is there for him.

Yeah could easily keep Crouch in both midfields and upgrade a forward or defender.

I'm keen on Neale but it's pretty much a choice between him and Serong for me. I'm backing Serong in to score equally to Neale. He's so far proven to be durable and his points per minute are impressive. Hoping his TOG will increase this year and the points will follow. The role is there for him.
Fair call. I do like Serong. Has that classic 3rd year breakout written all over him

I find option 1 very sexy. At first I had a midfield similar to your option 2 as I like to go slightly deeper normally but like many have said, if Rowell only goes 80-90 you may as well have a rookie in that spot earning you infinitely more money for hopefully not a huge loss of points. Those 3 on field rookies all seem capable of going 70 you’d think

Not keen on Neale?
I’m really dubious on Crouch despite his price tag. He’s always had killer ppm but his tog has always been so s**t. After a whole year out with a groin surely his tog takes another hit. What do you think his ceiling would be with poorer tog, the fact that other Adelaide mids have gone past him, and the fact he once again has basically no pre season? WaynesWorld19 what’s the Adelaide guru think? I guess the one silver lining is his price and Burgess now at the club which has shown to do wonders.

Also re: Neale, what’s he actually priced at? 95ish? He’s predominant always projected to be a 100 fantasy guy outside of covid year and one other year. I’m not sold he represents as much value as so many think

I find option 1 very sexy. At first I had a midfield similar to your option 2 as I like to go slightly deeper normally but like many have said, if Rowell only goes 80-90 you may as well have a rookie in that spot earning you infinitely more money for hopefully not a huge loss of points. Those 3 on field rookies all seem capable of going 70 you’d think

I’m really dubious on Crouch despite his price tag. He’s always had killer ppm but his tog has always been so sh*t. After a whole year out with a groin surely his tog takes another hit. What do you think his ceiling would be with poorer tog, the fact that other Adelaide mids have gone past him, and the fact he once again has basically no pre season? WaynesWorld19 what’s the Adelaide guru think? I guess the one silver lining is his price and Burgess now at the club which has shown to do wonders.

Also re: Neale, what’s he actually priced at? 95ish? He’s predominant always projected to be a 100 fantasy guy outside of covid year and one other year. I’m not sold he represents as much value as so many think
I’ve just switched Neale to Simpkin at M4. 35% ownership to 2%.

I’m really dubious on Crouch despite his price tag. He’s always had killer ppm but his tog has always been so sh*t. After a whole year out with a groin surely his tog takes another hit. What do you think his ceiling would be with poorer tog, the fact that other Adelaide mids have gone past him, and the fact he once again has basically no pre season? WaynesWorld19 what’s the Adelaide guru think? I guess the one silver lining is his price and Burgess now at the club which has shown to do wonders.

Fair shout on Crouch. As I said, I’d need to see a pre season outing and him actually having a full game there

Neale priced at 95, goes 105 imo. So 10 unders and a cheap midfield premium that will probably be an M8 type in your completed side

’m really dubious on Crouch despite his price tag. He’s always had killer ppm but his tog has always been so sh*t. After a whole year out with a groin surely his tog takes another hit. What do you think his ceiling would be with poorer tog, the fact that other Adelaide mids have gone past him, and the fact he once again has basically no pre season? @WaynesWorld19 what’s the Adelaide guru think? I guess the one silver lining is his price and Burgess now at the club which has shown to do wonders.
Up in the air currently ....have Crouch in my MID's ....but so far we've had just the PR articles that every club puts our B4 membership drives

He's done a lot of fitness work even last year ....so that's not an issue ....in fact he looks in terrific condition
A year out can make you very hungry for footy
If he can get thru the next 6 weeks of training & plays PS games 🔐

1641691953156.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Up in the air currently ....have Crouch in my MID's ....but so far we've had just the PR articles that every club puts our B4 membership drives

He's done a lot of fitness work even last year ....so that's not an issue ....in fact he looks in terrific condition
A year out can make you very hungry for footy
If he can get thru the next 6 weeks of training & plays PS games 🔐

View attachment 1308056
Sister or wife? They look way too similar haha

Girlfriend I believe .....most marriage partners look similar IMO .....or was that successful marriages :think:
Are we in Tasmania now?

The more you know haha, suppose that's why my relationships fail haha

Seems like a pretty silly rule. Most third year breakouts begin with less than 50 games. Oliver averaged 110 after starting the year on 13 games. Based on this rule he would have missed Taranto's third year and Walsh last year. Why limit yourself to missing out on that?
I have no stats to quote so I’ll stay out of taking sides here but even if the rule is spot on it can still have exceptions.

Depends on how many exceptions there are as to whether it’s a good rule or not

Last edited:
Interesting ownership % on Greg Clark. You would think Eagles plan on him playing round 1 because really, why else would you be drafting a 24 year old?

But with Yeo, Shuey, Kelly, Sheed and Gaff playing those key mid roles I don't see Clark really a huge look in. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Interesting ownership % on Greg Clark. You would think Eagles plan on him playing round 1 because really, why else would you be drafting a 24 year old?

But with Yeo, Shuey, Kelly, Sheed and Gaff playing those key mid roles I don't see Clark really a huge look in. Hopefully I'm wrong.
Yeah I’m dubious too. Redden is back training now too. Hard to see where he fits. I think he was partly drafted though because we have a huge gap in that age bracket, especially when it comes to our mids. Plus a break glass in emergency type thing

I’d say most have him on bench. Would be good if he didn’t play till later and have him as a downgrade target a few rounds in.

I think he's the classic "cheap" premo everyone jumps on instantly to build a first team, then no one has round 1.

He may be cheap, but I honestly dont see him being a 90+ average player. I mean how can we expect that from him? He's basically still a rookie and coming off major surgery still. GCS have improved considerably since the days he debuted, so I don't think they need to rely on him for stats anymore.

I see him as an 80-85 average with the potentials for worse thrown in there. It's a pass for mine.

Better off going a rookie and bank the difference. The rookie may even surprise and score not too far off Rowell anyway.

If the best players are all fit and available for selection he won't get a look in.

But since when has that ever happened.

I can see him starting Round 1.

Shadow89 and any other Cat supporters. Keen to hear your thoughts on Dangerfield this year.

Mid only now in fantasy which does seem bizarre to me given how he was used last year.

$728k has me interested. But I do have a tendency to pick the old dogs long after I should. At that price tag I SHOULD be picking Serong? But I just love a big name player in my side haha.

His injury riddled 2021 has me wary. But I sort of see him at almost no risk at that price tag if he gets through this preseason ticking all the boxes? He should still go at ~ 95+ average in his sleep if fit? And you'd have to give him a close to 100% chance to gain forward DPP at the first opportunity?

Shadow89 and any other Cat supporters. Keen to hear your thoughts on Dangerfield this year.

Mid only now in fantasy which does seem bizarre to me given how he was used last year.

$728k has me interested. But I do have a tendency to pick the old dogs long after I should. At that price tag I SHOULD be picking Serong? But I just love a big name player in my side haha.

His injury riddled 2021 has me wary. But I sort of see him at almost no risk at that price tag if he gets through this preseason ticking all the boxes? He should still go at ~ 95+ average in his sleep if fit? And you'd have to give him a close to 100% chance to gain forward DPP at the first opportunity?
You’d be picking him in the hope he gets fwd status which he should. If he performs it’s probably too late to grab him at round 6 so could be a master stroke.

Hey mate, sorry about the delay - been a busy time!

Re: Danger, he's a tricky one this year. I have next to no idea what our midfield setup will be, but I still think he'll get decent mid minutes while pinch hitting forward.

If he's over his injuries last year, Danger at his best is about 25+ points underpriced. He's probably my biggest pre-season watch, but...and this is a big but, don't get him with the notion that he'll automatically get DPP - as our forward line is very different than it was at the start of last season.

We've added Stengle who will play a lot of games, we have Close, S. Higgins, Rohan, Duncan, Hawkins, J. Cameron, Stanley/Ceglar when they pinch hit forward, Ratugolea, Simpson, Miers etc. who will all play forward if part of the 22 and selected. Selwood won't play every game this season, and Danger is much more valuable to us in the midfield than up forward. If I was to hazard a guess, I would say he plays 70/30 split, and doesn't get DPP throughout the year if he stays fit and healthy. By all reports, he is fit and healthy and attending every session, but again, we'll have to see how he looks during the pre-season matches.

Keep a weather eye on the horizon is my advice, and decide after the community series!

Hope that helps :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back