FTA-TV Dexter: New Blood (Season 9)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the ending. Some story choices were a bit strange/easy, but I can see they had to give Harrison a reason to do what he did. Dexter meets a fitting end, he is a serial killer after all, and a psychopath. There's an expectation of another season coming, and if that's true, I suspect Dexter will be back as Harrison's dark passenger to appear like Harry/Deb did to Harrison. I liked how Dexter's excuse that he killed criminals to help people, in the end, was exposed for what it was, a delusion of granduer. When he faced the truth of what he had done and how it had affteced his family, the evil in Dexter was finally exposed for what it was. It was kind of chilling really, but maybe could've been better handled. Overall, I enjoyed the season and hope the announcement coming is another season with Harrison becoming the next Dexter.

I reckon it was really tidy ending to finish as a story and series, which is rare thing in a lot of series now.

Hows it tidy?
Logan is dead for no reason besides to justify Harrison killing Dexter. Where does Harrison as a kid go with no money/parents? How does Harrison drive without a license and as a kid. Has Dexter been outed as the BHB? Theres still way more unanswered questions. The only closure is Dex is dead

So disappointed that Batista never caught up with Dexter. Also how did Logan die? Did the bullet ricochet off something and back into him? If yes, how did that happen given it would have gone through Dexter first? I thought there was another season? There's no Dexter without Dexter as main character!

So disappointed that Batista never caught up with Dexter. Also how did Logan die? Did the bullet ricochet off something and back into him? If yes, how did that happen given it would have gone through Dexter first? I thought there was another season? There's no Dexter without Dexter as main character!

Dexter broke his neck.

But the bullet ricochet would’ve been an easy way for Dex to avoid killing him, and in my opinion should’ve been the route the writers went down so he didn’t have to kill another innocent person. But shoddy writing meant that was the only driving reason they had to justify Harrison pulling the trigger. Sigh.

Just finished watching and processing it all. Some of my thoughts are above, but will reply in full seperately.

So disappointed that Batista never caught up with Dexter.

I listened to the showtime wrap up podcast and they said his role was meant to be bigger but due to covid they could only do snippets of him. So covid did affect the quality of the final product that we saw unfortunately

Hows it tidy?
The main characters are now gone and we know why.

All good to have an opinion and yes Im no writer but as a Carlton fan its clear you are used to having no standards :tearsofjoy:
I've seen 5 premierships for my club.
Your writing not improving in what you make up.;)
Stick to your day job.

Last edited:
I suspect Dexter will be back as Harrison's dark passenger to appear like Harry/Deb did to Harrison. Overall, I enjoyed the season and hope the announcement coming is another season with Harrison becoming the next Dexter.
Ha ha, no chance. Reckon only thing they could make is some type of movie but for me the main story around the title of show, Dexter, is complete as a story.
I doubt I would have much interest in a movie about Harrison.

The main characters are now gone and we know why.

I've seen 5 premierships for my club.
Your writing not improving in what you make up.;)
Stick your day job.

I will. I guess the angry old man stereotype is true then. Does it feel good to just be mean for no reason?

Its a Dexter thread for fans to discuss their thoughts on things. You can totally disagree or have a different viewpoint on things but to just type:

ha ha, what a crap writer he would have been. Thank fu** I did not watch that.

then you are just being mean for no real reason. It doesnt bother me too much, but Ill call you out on it so you dont do it to others who just want to discuss stuff without being put down. Hopefully Carlton can do well again soon.

Its a Dexter thread for fans to discuss their thoughts on things. You can totally disagree or have a different viewpoint on things but to just type:
then you are just being mean for no real reason. It doesnt bother me too much, but Ill call you out on it so you dont do it to others who just want to discuss stuff without being put down. Hopefully Carlton can do well again soon.
The story in that post was crap for me, that is just being honest as someone reading it and recoiling at the thought of watching such stuff as alternative, you offering up.
It is my way of saying, what I did see, I actually enjoyed as a fan of the show. It was satisfying end to series for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just read in an article:

In writing those climatic scenes, Phillips drew upon his own experience of “having a terrible father and needing years of therapy.” He also referred to a term in psychiatry that “the son has to ‘murder’ the father to proceed with life, to proceed with business, to proceed with love, to proceed with starting his own family. You can’t always have a father figure there holding you down. That was part of the impetus of having Harrison do the deed. Except here, he’s actually doing the deed. And make no mistake, this is fiction. We’re talking about sociopathic characters, and maybe psychopathic characters. Certainly Dexter is a psychopath.”

When Phillips pitched Hall on the reboot and its ending, the actor was intrigued. “The fact that the character was going to expire was a way for me to close the book on him in a way I haven’t been able to do,” Hall said. “I didn’t come to the table saying, ‘Dexter must meet his maker.’ But when that proposition was floated, I didn’t resist it.”

So Clyde Phillips wrote himself in the story as Harrison and wanted to kill his dad haha

And Michael C. Hall was probably sick of being asked about Dexter so was like as long as he dies hes in :tearsofjoy:

Ha ha, no chance. Reckon only thing they could make is some type of movie but for me the main story around the title of show, Dexter, is complete as a story.
I doubt I would have much interest in a movie about Harrison.
We'll see. They're announcing something tomorrow.

Would people watch a season 2 of New Blood? Harrison as the main and Dexter as his dark passenger?

People are saying they wouldnt watch it but I dont believe them. I reckon people will check out the first episode and then will decide to bail depending on how well it is written.

I dont believe Alcott has the acting skill of Hall to carry a "Dexter" type show as the lead. The only way the show could succeed is if the show becomes something completely different and the writing is top notch. To me, that seems unlikely so whatever they come up with will likely flop.

If they really wanted a good Harrison series, they should have made Dexter get killed by a serial killer that outsmarts him and at the end have a flash forward of Harrison as an older adult beginning his search for his dads' killer to get his revenge. All the old fans would have watched wanting justice for Dexter.

Last edited:
Would people watch a season 2 of New Blood? Harrison as the main and Dexter as his dark passenger?
Not me. Sounds totally uninteresting and unoriginal to me.

However, a 2 hour movie where follow what happens to Angel, Angela and Harrison would probably have me look at it though but I did not feel the need for it.
I think it good to finish up now.

Nah I wouldn't bother, my interest with this was purely hoping they gave the show a proper ending after how poor the original one was.

There are a lot of people unhappy with the finale going by what I'm reading on the internet. Still no announcement yet about another season or a movie or whatever. The finale wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, and I understood what they were trying to portray, but Dexter got his just deserts.

There are a lot of people unhappy with the finale going by what I'm reading on the internet. Still no announcement yet about another season or a movie or whatever. The finale wasn't as good as I hoped it would be, and I understood what they were trying to portray, but Dexter got his just deserts.

I think there is a massive overreaction going on at the moment about how bad it was from some sections from the internet. Ofcourse alot of those people just want clicks/likes and others want to join in on the pile on. Ive yet to see a better alternative provided for how it should have ended. Not that im saying the ending was brilliant or anything. The only things I agree with are that Batista confronting Dexter would have been awesome. Imagine when Angela arrested Dexter the other person to walk in was Batista instead of Logan, that would have been epic. Honestly his scenes seemed like he couldnt be on set with the others due to covid restrictions or something considering no one else shared the room with him in his scenes. And the m99/ketamine plot hole thats been pointed out.

I see alot of complaining about Dexter killing Logan saying he would never do that, they even bring up that he didnt kill Laguerta. He was absolutely going to kill her if Deb didnt walk in and do it herself. Dexter has always been extremely driven self preservation, I dont think it was out of character myself given the walls were really closing in. He even tried not to and Logan went for the gun. He also killed Robocop not to get caught.

People complaining also that a small town cop caught him when the entire Miami Metro couldnt etc. Well people complained that he kept getting out of ludicrous situations in the last few seasons and that they didnt have enough to tie to the BHB killings anyway. I mean did they really want him to talk his way out of it again? The writers cant win either way there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back