How does Labor win the next federal election/elections to come?

Remove this Banner Ad

This will put a severe dent in the move to the Reps and contrived leadership tilt down the track.

Love it if andrewmillman would put down the vintage Port at the Savage Club while looking down on the great unwashed and being ever-so-grateful no women are permitted to enter the sacred halls so he can note my even-handedness. ;)

Premature action has its results, e.g the workers & their families/communities.

See the need for coal in the UK, we need to learn from the mistakes of others.
There was no mistake. They've fired up a coal plant for 2% of their energy needs for a short period. This doesn't prove anything.

Educational divide over identity and class threatens to split the modern left (theage.com.au)

Brilliant article - I'm traditional left - I vote Labor - the abuse and vitriol I receive on this board - not to mention class snobbery, and the constant antagonism that Australia's 'white' economy and the every day livelihoods of the proletariat is heading to ruins because 'stupid' - has been an absolute disgrace.

This article encapsulates it - and the SRP board is a great reflection of what's stated in the article.
Some people need to take a good hard look at themselves, but the narcissism of much of the progressive left means true self reflection is a pipe dream.

When will Labor ever represent the people?
Poor old Albo has 'wedgephobia'.

In the senate a little earlier, Labor did not support this motion from the Greens:

1. Notes the Glasgow Climate Pact, agreed to by nearly 200 countries, including Australia, at the conclusion of COP26 in Glasgow on November 13 2021,

2. Recognises that the impacts of climate change will be much lower at the temperature increase of 1.5°C compared with 2°C and resolves to pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C, and

3. Commits to:

a) revisiting and strengthening the 2030 targets in our nationally determined contribution, as necessary to align with the Paris Agreement temperature goal by the end of 2022, taking into account different national circumstances;

b) accelerating the development, deployment and dissemination of technologies, and the adoption of policies, to transition towards low-emission energy systems, including by rapidly scaling up the deployment of clean power generation and energy efficiency measures, including accelerating efforts towards the phase-down of unabated coal power and inefficient fossil fuel subsidies, recognizing the need for support towards a just transition; and

c) further actions to reduce by 2030 non-carbon dioxide greenhouse gas emissions, including methane.

When will Labor ever represent the people?
Poor old Albo has 'wedgephobia'.

In the senate a little earlier, Labor did not support this motion from the Greens:

1. Notes the Glasgow Climate Pact, agreed to by nearly 200 countries, including Australia, at the conclusion of COP26 in Glasgow on November 13 2021,

2. Recognises that the impacts of climate change will be much lower at the temperature increase of 1.5°C compared with 2°C and resolves to pursue efforts to limit the temperature increase to 1.5°C, and

3. Commits to:

a) revisiting and strengthening the 2030 targets in our nationally determined contribution, as necessary to align with the Paris Agreement temperature goal by the end of 2022, taking into account different national circumstances;

b) accelerating the development, deployment and dissemination of technologies, and the adoption of policies, to transition towards low-emission energy systems, including by rapidly scaling up the deployment of clean power generation and energy efficiency measures, including accelerating efforts towards the phase-down of unabated coal power and inefficient fossil fuel subsidies, recognizing the need for support towards a just transition; and

c) further actions to reduce by 2030 non-carbon dioxide greenhouse gas emissions, including methane.
Classic Greens bullshittery.

Classic Greens bullshittery.
I don't think you understand that Australia is a leading climate bastard, Labor is a joke as they are only marginally better than the Coalition.
You need to listen to the scientists not the Labor coal stooges which include Marles and Chalmers who represent and are a product of coal unions.
Do you understand that?
Ever heard an elected Labor MP say that Labor needs to offer a better climate plan? No, because they wouldn't get pre-selected.
At least be honest about that.
Oh and now Albo is cool with nuclear subs that will do nothing and he gives gas and fracking the thumbs up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely after the last election people have finally worked out that polls aren't worth 2 knobs of goat crap.

Labor would be favourites but still not by a huge amount I'd say.

If anything, the present polls might flatter the LNP this time because they would be using 2019 metrics (i.e. assuming that ONP/UAP preferences swing heavily LNP's way).

I don't think preference splits from either party will flatter the LNP as much as they did in 2019, nor do I expect ONP/UAP to do as well (protest parties tend to lack staying power, Pauline forgot that ON voters don't appreciate open borders, and the UAP are seemingly poison in WA).

There are also some parallels to 1995. The opposition leader is ageing and uninspired, but he lacks his predecessor's baggage (and also Howard's baggage from the 1980's FWIW), while Morrison has quite a bit of baggage and is leading a tired, incompetent government which has passed its use-by-date.

That said, you can't reasonably predict an election 6 months out. A lot can change during the campaign.

Federal solar battery subsidy, to be administered by the states and required to be local companies.

Match all tax cuts, promise more spending for national water security project which will create hundreds of thousands of jobs and stimulate the economy while providing water security for generations to come.

Huge covered reservoirs built, pumping stations installed. The lowest rainfall for a capital city in Australia is Adelaide with 553mm. The average 7m by 50m suburban street will collect 193,550 litres a year - storm water redirected to reservoirs. All homes to have on-site detention tanks to limit the flow if required, which it would be.

It would only need to be done on major highways though. The Mitchell Freeway here would collect in excess of 170,000,000 litres a year. Which is 3.4% of the water capacity of something the size of Optus stadium and there is 5900km of highway in this country.

Water is about to become a traded precious commodity, we can build a farm that harvests that which falls from the sky and we try and get rid of as much as possible.
As a bit of a survivalist nut one of the big selling points for my house was the sump out the back - free water i thought.

till a mate pointed out that water is full if hydrocarbon residue and toxic af.

you would have to filter it thoroughly.

As a bit of a survivalist nut one of the big selling points for my house was the sump out the back - free water i thought.

till a mate pointed out that water is full if hydrocarbon residue and toxic af.

you would have to filter it thoroughly.

That's correct, it would be a question of whether it's cheaper to desalinate on scale or clean the collected rainwater on scale.

Given the infrastructure is already in place to do both it should be a simple, eight to sixteen week process to put together a costing.

Release no policies, hide the nobody (Elbow, L Blow, Al Ban Easy?) who is going to be the PM & hope people don't remember what a disaster the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd years were.

Release no policies, hide the nobody (Elbow, L Blow, Al Ban Easy?) who is going to be the PM & hope people don't remember what a disaster the Rudd/Gillard/Rudd years were.

will you be happy if they give Howard credit for this approach?

Yes and her father was a doctor. Your point?

Her grandfather got a mention too. :'(

Thats not really relevant, however it is disappointing that the ALP has again chosen a long time political operative ahead of the local candidates. Luckily for them, Gladys Liu will struggle to beat the informal vote.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gladys appeared to be very much across campaigning last time out. Underestimate your opponent at your own risk, see Shorten/Bracks having a beer before the poll closed.

Her grandfather got a mention too. :'(

Gladys appeared to be very much across campaigning last time out. Underestimate your opponent at your own risk, see Shorten/Bracks having a beer before the poll closed.

she had three things in her favour though:

1) support from the Federal campaign (scomo was a regular)

2) MASSIVE external money coming in

3) the AEC was caught behind the 8 ball on both the dodgy wechat/weibo marketing, and the fake chinese AEC signs on election day

on these three for 2022:

1) scomo will be playing D in kooyong, higgins, and Goldy this election (as we have already seen from his recent trip). Chisholm will struggle to get the same media attention without the pm in photo ops

2) its believed much of the money can from mainland china. with the libs being the party of the war on china, good luck getting this money from the mainland again

3) the AEC IMO will not be embarrassed twice, and her social media and match day chinese language comms will be rigorously monitored

K, remember 20% of Chisholm is of chinese ancestry, Duttons war on China is going to hurt her (most of the 20% are recent migrants, and have strong financial links in both countries - they are not CCP refugees as some think they are)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back