Another 💣 goes off for Cricket Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

How to exhibit complete tone deafness to a major issue confronting your organisation:

If Hockley is the best CA have to roll out, I hope any actions taken by Mitchell and his legal team break CA irreparably. And Hockley's career with it.
To be fair, it probably was "best practice" at the time.

Hush up, cover up, go conveniently deaf, and quietly move the guy into another role....

Hush up, cover up, go conveniently deaf, and quietly move the guy into another role....

Mitchell rang CA in Augusts 2021 and eventually spoke directly to Hockley. Hockley is saying his phone convo with Mitchell was 'best practice' in his response, as well as the 3 month delay from August to November in the CA Integrity Unit calling Mitchell back.

This is all in reference to CA response in 2021, not 1985. This is directly from the article link I posted:

1641779281166.png

So no offence, but I don't think there's any 'fairness' about it at all.

Hockley should be lambasted publicly for his complete and utter tone deafness. The first time was bad enough, he is now doubling down on a disgusting response to the allegations, and trying to justify his sh1tful response the first time with an even more sh1tful follow up.

Hockley should be lambasted publicly for his complete and utter tone deafness. The first time was bad enough, he is now doubling down on a disgusting response to the allegations, and trying to justify his sh1tful response the first time with an even more sh1tful follow up.

I guess I forgot my sarcasm tag....

Mitchell rang CA in Augusts 2021 and eventually spoke directly to Hockley. Hockley is saying his phone convo with Mitchell was 'best practice' in his response, as well as the 3 month delay from August to November in the CA Integrity Unit calling Mitchell back.

This is all in reference to CA response in 2021, not 1985. This is directly from the article link I posted:

View attachment 1308489

It’s exactly out of the Catholic Church Lawyer play 📖 which I know well , hence my suggestion

We ain’t in those times now - now is the time to own it, man up and take your medicune and more importantly remedy the situation…but no, we get lawyer double speak and avoidance…shameful

We ain’t in those times now - now is the time to own it, man up and take your medicune and more importantly remedy the situation…but no, we get lawyer double speak and avoidance…shameful

The problem we face is that people in positions of authority were guilty of atrocities, and other people in positions to do something about it at the time covered up to protect their mates. As the truth emerges, these people know that not only are the perpetrators culpable, so too are those covering for them.

This makes it more difficult to right the wrong as guilty parties build a wall of corruption around them in order to escape justice. We are seeing this world wide in all walks of life where the criminals play the victim card with the support of media, politicians, lawyers, etc.

I used to believe in our justice system once ... God only knows what I was thinking. Clarence Darrow, an American lawyer in the early 20th century once said, "There is no justice, in or out of court". In time I have come to understand what he meant by that. There was a time in my youth where I seriously contemplated a career in law, I am so glad I decided against it.

The problem we face is that people in positions of authority were guilty of atrocities, and other people in positions to do something about it at the time covered up to protect their mates. As the truth emerges, these people know that not only are the perpetrators culpable, so too are those covering for them.

This makes it more difficult to right the wrong as guilty parties build a wall of corruption around them in order to escape justice. We are seeing this world wide in all walks of life where the criminals play the victim card with the support of media, politicians, lawyers, etc.

I used to believe in our justice system once ... God only knows what I was thinking. Clarence Darrow, an American lawyer in the early 20th century once said, "There is no justice, in or out of court". In time I have come to understand what he meant by that. There was a time in my youth where I seriously contemplated a career in law, I am so glad I decided against it.
My youngest son is looking at that option now, once I would have given my view, but as an older and hopefully wiser head I now realise that everyone needs to follow and find their own path, but I sincerely hope he takes a different path, he’s too good a kid to get into that cesspit

Geez that is a tough read. I hope one day, Jamie is as OK as someone who’s been through something like that could ever be.

View attachment 1308489

re: the final paragraph in the insert

The great morally bankrupt argument: We mustn't do the right thing this time, because we might have to do the right thing again in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back