Discussion Football Sponsorship- UK Soccer

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s

Very interesting video from the sponsor of QPR.
I see some similarity between this level of football and sponsorship in our game.
These are the sorts of things sponsors get from chipping in big coin to their footy clubs.

Last edited:
This is a great watch, thanks Mero

I'm only a couple of minutes in but the fella makes a very good point about how football shirts rarely get thrown away. The sponsor, in essence, lives on in perpetuity forever, regardless of whether they are still an active sponsor of the club or not. Brands can create long-lasting associations with clubs despite only being financially involved with them for short periods of time.

Another great point about sponsoring the training shirt over the playing shirt because clubs generally train a lot more than they play, hence those sponsorships are a lot more visible on socials et al.

I've gone blank, are there any clubs that have training attire sponsored by companies that aren't then seen on the guernsey? And I'm not talking instances like La Trobe Financial for Collingwood which is on all the polos, hoodies etc. I mean actual training guernseys or t-shirts.

I'm only a couple of minutes in but the fella makes a very good point about how football shirts rarely get thrown away. The sponsor, in essence, lives on in perpetuity forever, regardless of whether they are still an active sponsor of the club or not. Brands can create long-lasting associations with clubs despite only being financially involved with them for short periods of time.

Yeah it is really a great watch, was fascinated with the whole thing.

Another great point about sponsoring the training shirt over the playing shirt because clubs generally train a lot more than they play, hence those sponsorships are a lot more visible on socials et al.

I've gone blank, are there any clubs that have training attire sponsored by companies that aren't then seen on the guernsey? And I'm not talking instances like La Trobe Financial for Collingwood which is on all the polos, hoodies etc. I mean actual training guernseys or t-shirts.

I know it happens in the NRL. Though the a lot usually just have a minor jersey sponsor step up.

Suddenly a wild Gillon McLachlan appears

Remove this Banner Ad

Back