Past #37: Kyron Hayden - delisted end '22 - 12 NM games/ 0 NM goals - thanks Ronny

Remove this Banner Ad

To be at North in 2023 he needs to start playing AFL in Round 1 and have an AA year if he starts in the VFL he will stay there unless he starts putting in BOG performances week in week out or we cop heaps of injuries.

Still reckon there’s enough in his under 18s highlights video that suggests if given a continuous run at it, he will adjust to the pace of the game which will improve his decision making and disposal. Should be competing with Perez for half back / midfield pincher role.

That's is cream spot
I've only seen Kyron play mid once, in the pre-season last year against St Kilda; our starting centre square was Tom Campbell, Dom Tyson, Jy and Kyron, against (can't remember the ruck), Jack Steele, Brad Couch and Nathan Jones. We got smashed (of course), but I thought Kyron went alright; won some ball, tackled, had some good passages with Jy.... and never seen there again, which probably shows what a good judge I am

I've only seen Kyron play mid once, in the pre-season last year against St Kilda; our starting centre square was Tom Campbell, Dom Tyson, Jy and Kyron, against (can't remember the ruck), Jack Steele, Brad Couch and Nathan Jones. We got smashed (of course), but I thought Kyron went alright; won some ball, tackled, had some good passages with Jy.... and never seen there again, which probably shows what a good judge I am

I agree - There are similarities with Bonar who showed similar really positive signs in small opportunity. The issue (if you call it that) is that we are stacked in the middle with highly talented under 18 players that we've invested early picks on. Our midfield will be one of the hardest in the competition to crack by 2025 when we've got - Horne-Francis 22, Simpkin 27, Davies-Uniacke 26, Stephenson 26, Thomas 26, Powell 23, Phillips 23.

Yep, 20 something touches 7 clearances not bad.
His versatility makes him popular with the coaches, which is why they are backing him to get over his injury run. He is a solid kick, he just hasn't had a good run at it, 2020 in the GC hub when he was able to string about 8 games together showed this.

He's got something but just has to find his niche in the side.
Doesn't have the best foot skills, isnt the best decision maker but goes hard at it and is tough as nails.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are having a laugh if they think he’s going to be afforded 20+ games it would take to come to terms with a center square role at AFL level

We have Phillips and Powell who will struggle for minutes as it is. Goater played some of his best football as a center square midfielder also.

People are just trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

He could probably play 5 different positions if he could kick.

He simply need to improve his skill level or he will play out the season in the VFL before being delisted.

Serious rig on him.

As mentioned not sure where he fits in to the best 22, but hopefully can have some impact in a year which he is at the crossroads contract wise.

Serious rig on him.

As mentioned not sure where he fits in to the best 22, but hopefully can have some impact in a year which he is at the crossroads contract wise.
Most likely his future is in the same realm as Mitch Hibberd on that Love Island crap.

whats with black boots? very 1970s
I’ve always thought he reminded me of a 70’s North type footballer…….absolute straight lines the ball. Might be why I’ve got a soft spot for him. But he‘s a midfielder IMO.
The other player he makes me think of is Roy Ramsay, bu his best for North was more 80’s.

Yep.

Your boy is a dead set brute.

271943226_10159117106996843_4918870032835646681_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back