Opinion Vent & Offtopic

Remove this Banner Ad

Got my booster this afternoon, after my swim. Arm is a bit sore. Given the fact its gonna be 39 degrees tomorrow, gonna stay indoors and chill out.

Signed up as a member at the nearest leisure centre, which is a couple stops away on the bus. Ive been having some lower back issues, so figured I'd get back into swimming as people have said it helps.

Got my booster this afternoon, after my swim. Arm is a bit sore. Given the fact its gonna be 39 degrees tomorrow, gonna stay indoors and chill out.

Signed up as a member at the nearest leisure centre, which is a couple stops away on the bus. Ive been having some lower back issues, so figured I'd get back into swimming as people have said it helps.
Swimming is a great heathy activity for most. Highly recommend. Good on you.

Me too.
Signed up to do a triathlon toward the end of the year so is a good motivator for me to get back into it!
Thats great. I did one in high school -- many years ago.

I would have went to the pools today, but short staff so they were closed. So tomorrow it is. And i've realized muy back isn't as sore as it was, so my first session helped. Plus the bone in my lower back is no longer tender.

Some may prefer the beach, but I've always felt more at ease and comfortable in a pool. Maybe that's to do with the fact I grew up around them. Being a swimmer in my childhood. Plus tasting salt water is never pleasant.

Also the water over here in our beaches is colder than over in QLD for obvious reasons

Despite living almost all my life on Coasts I've never been a huge beach person, Much prefer pools (Must be a ginger thing)

It's good to hear about people getting active, I haven't been working out so much as been taking classes for fighty things since I came back from NZ in June.

Was probably in the best shape I've ever been in come the end of November and then of course I had to go and get a couple fingers on my right hand bent back so I've been on the shelf the last month and it's wrecked my progress.

Hoping to jump back into things in the next few weeks and then it'll be a matter of balancing it with the Laser Pews now that we've got the Australasian Titles rescheduled for August

But I think I'm mostly greatful to have stuff to do rather than sit and stew on the issues that have dogged me since mid 2020 - Hopefully once I season rolls around I'll have even more to be thankful for. 😁

Despite living almost all my life on Coasts I've never been a huge beach person, Much prefer pools (Must be a ginger thing)

It's good to hear about people getting active, I haven't been working out so much as been taking classes for fighty things since I came back from NZ in June.

Was probably in the best shape I've ever been in come the end of November and then of course I had to go and get a couple fingers on my right hand bent back so I've been on the shelf the last month and it's wrecked my progress.

Hoping to jump back into things in the next few weeks and then it'll be a matter of balancing it with the Laser Pews now that we've got the Australasian Titles rescheduled for August

But I think I'm mostly greatful to have stuff to do rather than sit and stew on the issues that have dogged me since mid 2020 - Hopefully once I season rolls around I'll have even more to be thankful for. 😁
For me it’s a shark and crocodile thing.

I know this one, had on some sparring mitts while holding pads and was working on knee strikes when the guy I was working with went too hard, missed the pad and smashed my fingers back at the first joint smashing the tendons in my hand. Fun stuff.

I know this one, had on some sparring mitts while holding pads and was working on knee strikes when the guy I was working with went too hard, missed the pad and smashed my fingers back at the first joint smashing the tendons in my hand. Fun stuff.
Actually as it so happens i've been gulity of doing that exact thing to my coach, Luckily for him I wasn't going full blood and being experienced he could see it was just me being green as goose s**t and corrected my form. But maybe it was a bit of karma.

I actually did it innoculously enough doing some Jiu-Jitsu drills, Rolling with what I'm guessing is maybe an ex-rugby player of some sort and he's just tried to power sweep and i've got the hand caught under me with 2x body weight on top of the fingers :oops:

It feels like its almost back to 100% but the problem is with it being the dominate hand it's super super easy to tweak the tendons and set my recovery back another week just by doing something as simple as trying to open my water bottle (Which I know sounds dumb but trust me)

First vent for the year.....directed at our Media Dept.

I just logged on to our website to view the 29 photos of AFLW Rd1 v GWS

1. Only Charlies Mum was in full view.......Charlie and Dad from shoulders down.....so I assume it was them.
2-10 were all of Kalinda.......really. I'm pretty sure there are more players in the team
11-15 were all of Tara.

So 15 of 29 were devoted to 3 players........

Is that the best we can do.......

If it is, this will be, once again, a long season with minimum access to players activities. Something that I would have thought, a necessity to involve Members in belonging.

Maybe being overseas, and needing as much info as I can get, this is only a bugbear for me, and if it is, then I will gladly go sit in the corner and vent privately.

1. Only Charlies Mum was in full view.......Charlie and Dad from shoulders down.....so I assume it was them.
2-10 were all of Kalinda.......really. I'm pretty sure there are more players in the team
11-15 were all of Tara.

If it is, this will be, once again, a long season with minimum access to players activities. Something that I would have thought, a necessity to involve Members in belonging.

Maybe being overseas, and needing as much info as I can get, this is only a bugbear for me, and if it is, then I will gladly go sit in the corner and vent privately.
The club doesn’t control that. With the AFL basically running and overseeing all the websites (AFL articles appear on the websites if they are about the club same goes with video etc), the AFL photos are linked to each club too. It the photographer forgets or doesn’t ‘tag’ or ‘link’ the club, we won’t see them appear on the website. Your best bet is looking at Getty images or aflphotos.com.au

(Log in to remove this ad.)

11-15 were all of Tara.

On Windows PC you can use Ctrl- repeatedly to gradually zoom out to see full picture including heads :) No idea about smart phones how to do it.

Giants so far ahead of suns in their marketing

Suns should do something similar with Burleigh brewing

47f869fd4d18a1618567811bc7348d1f.jpg
33332eb2155139fc0e63a50102f4ca41.jpg

Anybody see the Carlton Cerra interview where he talks about the reason he went to the blues was “they were starting things from the ground up”.

What an absolute crock, they have done nothing but steal players with brown paper bags full of cash for the last 3 to 4 seasons they have built nothing from the ground up, makes me sick 🤕

Anybody see the Carlton Cerra interview where he talks about the reason he went to the blues was “they were starting things from the ground up”.

What an absolute crock, they have done nothing but steal players with brown paper bags full of cash for the last 3 to 4 seasons they have built nothing from the ground up, makes me sick

He should try building from B3 up like we are

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He should try building from B3 up like we are

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't be one of those shitty architects that doesn't put in enough car parks for a hotel

Carlton seem to be the type that rely on the office building next door for auxiliary parking

I was hoping in 2022 we might get back to live commentary from the ground for interstate games but looks like it will be from the studio again unless it’s just for these pre season games

Giants so far ahead of suns in their marketing

Suns should do something similar with Burleigh brewing

47f869fd4d18a1618567811bc7348d1f.jpg
33332eb2155139fc0e63a50102f4ca41.jpg

Never understood why the Suns wouldn’t do a collab with one of our local craft breweries, and sell at Metricon instead of Pirate Life.
Burleigh Brewing or Black Hops would be perfect.

Comercial deal with current supplier prob wouldn’t allow it tho…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back