Alex Wright (Norwood)

Jack Tuthill

North Launceston

Ins:

Outs:

Michael Stingel (Norwood)
Tom Bennett
Corey Nankervis

* will only add confirmed as there are obviously heaps of rumours out there.

* post here and I’ll add on

Last edited:
Clarence finally come out and said it. The league is done. Taskforce has proper stunted the end of it. Taskforce a bunch of people who have no idea about the local game. This hopefully is the last year, and even more hopefully it doesn’t get up at all this year.

You mean the Guy who more than anyone else F--d up the TSL, decides its F--d up.

Wow!!!

Yes saw that article in the paper today.
Upshot of it was that the Clarence footy club's official position going back to the previous administration before Scott Wade became president of the club is that unless a coastal club is brought into the TSL then the club will be pulling out of the competition at the end of the 2023 season (will the TSL last that long?) to return to regional football.
A few things 1) How's East Devonport's bid to join the TSL coming along?
2) Will the SFL and its clubs approve Clarence's application to join should they drop back?
Past history suggests it would be hotly disputed and probably not a lay down misere, 20 years ago AFLT threatened to block supply of umpires to the SFL and other sanctions to get North, Glenorchy and the Roos into it when the state league collapsed the first time.
I'm surprised Wade agreed with the previous Clarence board's position given he was one in particular who stuffed up the TSL when it was in reasonable shape early on!

Disappointing to hear of the situation at Glenorchy, they are one of the states traditional clubs and by the sound of it re-joining the SFL may be a good option for them. I know that up the coast here when Burnie and Devonport left the TSL it all started the same way, with players walking away from the 2 TSL clubs for a number of different reasons. I know East Devonport have put their hand up to try and join the TSL but in my opinion it will be extremely difficult for them. This will be the second year in a row they are unable to field teams in the NWFL and I am not knocking them for their TSL aspirations but it is a massive challenge. East currently have no players and would need to get 8-10 players from each of the current NWFL clubs to be able to field 2 teams in the TSL. In the unlikely situation that coastal teams join the TSL again the best scenario has always been a team from the western end of the coast and one from the eastern end. Both Burnie and Devonport were competitive in the TSL and besides both teams having a strong local rivalry it saved a lot of travelling for players getting to training etc. If there had of only been one team the travel situation would have been much worse because that team would be travelling to either Hobart or Launceston every second week. I have no idea what will happen to the TSL but in many ways it will be a shame if it comes to an end but it is going through a very difficult time at the moment.

North Hobart appear to be tracking really well. They may be huge improvers in the competition.

Picked up some quality

North Hobart appear to be tracking really well. They may be huge improvers in the competition.

Picked up some quality
Seem to.
I’m going with them, Tigers, Lauderdale and Launceston as the top four.

Also I’m going for Launceston by 80 points against whoever they play in the GF. A GF that will be in Launceston.

North hobart will improve but top 4? That's a big jump..

May not have to improve that much to be top 4, much like the Tigers last season, not sure they actually improved a great deal, Lauderdale and Glenorchy just dropped off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately.. I dare say things are looking bleek at clarence. We were getting so close and Unfortunately things have changed and players are taking opportunities elsewhere. Seems wrong havent recruited anyone really.. things going to tough I reckon

Have lost more players then Clarence if you would believe that.
Burt, Walsh, Edmunds x2, Foon reportedly in QLD, Sanders x2.
They’ll lose Leary every week to Devils

Just think they may slide a bit
We’re have the edmunds bros gone?

Unfortunately.. I dare say things are looking bleek at clarence. We were getting so close and Unfortunately things have changed and players are taking opportunities elsewhere. Seems wrong havent recruited anyone really.. things going to tough I reckon

Doesn’t help when Glenorchy are trying to kids out of the Clarence zone

There is just no want to play State league footy. I know I’m repeating myself but the Southern Clubs need to leave it for the sustainability of their clubs.

Will be interesting to see if Clarence follow through with their threat about leaving the league if there isn’t two NWC clubs joining the league by 2023.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back