Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

So finally it happened, I hit someone at the gym. :mad:

Chillax, accidental I was just warming up and swinging my arms and I clipped her as she walked behind me. :$

Fortunately, all good, she laughed and said she was fine, I did immediately apologize profusely. While an accident and probably more her fault than mine as I was already swaying my arms for a while before hitting her, nevertheless I dont ever want to hit anyone not to mention I felt bad, regardless of who it was.

now you are girlfriend boyfriend?

We all amateur athletes !
I made the mistake at my last gym of going out with a girl from there, I wont do it again. Even if I could.

A bit like the saying goes, Dont s**t, where you eat.

For the most part I enjoy the gym, I dont need the inevitable dramas in my life that will follow a post break up.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I had a mate, that legit looked exactly like Ivan Drago, Russian too. Built like a truck and could fight, as he trained in various forms of martial arts.

Nobody ever, ever f**ked him around.

(I know the actor isnt Russian!)

Irony he was the most calm relaxed guy I knew too. I think back at the number of times I pissed him off, he never once clocked me, lol.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
I made the mistake at my last gym of going out with a girl from there, I wont do it again. Even if I could.

A bit like the saying goes, Dont sh*t, where you eat.

For the most part I enjoy the gym, I dont need the inevitable dramas in my life that will follow a post break up.
Unless you live way out in Hicksville with no other gyms around for hours, surely it's a fairly low risk scenario compared to say the workplace or Uni or something?

Unless you live way out in Hicksville with no other gyms around for hours, surely it's a fairly low risk scenario compared to say the workplace or Uni or something?

Its interesting Ive spoken to a few guys about this actual topic from a different gyms, they felt the same.

Mind you with single mothers and or those over 30, they didnt seem to care as much, as those relationships were just casual.

invariably one would think that should break up occur, one of the parties alters his or her attendance times/days so as to avoid awkwardness or a fight (perhaps a dead lift challenge)

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Its interesting Ive spoken to a few guys about this actual topic from a different gyms, they felt the same.

Mind you with single mothers and or those over 30, they didnt seem to care as much, as those relationships were just casual.
How old are you just curious?

I'm 33, so I guess I fit in with that cohort you mentioned
invariably one would think that should break up occur, one of the parties alters his or her attendance times/days so as to avoid awkwardness or a fight (perhaps a dead lift challenge)
Yep that too

Morning warrior vs late arvo/early evening gym rat

How old are you just curious?

I'm 33, so I guess I fit in with that cohort you mentioned

Yep that too

Morning warrior vs late arvo/early evening gym rat
Im in my 30s too, its just that Ive heard many stories and it doesnt matter what gym be it a Club or old fashioned one, many guys have told me that when the relationship turns pear shaped it inevitably leads to one or the other needing to leave.

Thats not to say it cant work out and lead to something meaningful or if the relationship ends there is mutual respect of moving on, but at least for me and my perspective, I prefer to not meet a potential partner at the gym.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Im in my 30s too, its just that Ive heard many stories and it doesnt matter what gym be it a Club or old fashioned one, many guys have told me that when the relationship turns pear shaped it inevitably leads to one or the other needing to leave.

Thats not to say it cant work out and lead to something meaningful or if the relationship ends there is mutual respect of moving on, but at least for me and my perspective, I prefer to not meet a potential partner at the gym.
Fair enough

I've had many a gym and cricket club over the years, so leaving wouldn't bother me much, just go to next best available closeby or the next club that I know I'd get a game at.

Falling out with my footy club when I was in my early 20s was a tough pill to swallow though, gave it up for 2 and a half years before a half arsed return elsewhere for a handful of games then my back injuries hit, so gave it up permanently afterwards. I could've got a clearance and played for a rival when I fell out with them as a couple of my mates played over there, but I didn't want that, confidence was rock bottom too.

Perhaps in the membership agreement/T&Cs there could be a clause that if a brakeup occurs, the member with the longest tenure stays. OR if both joined at the same time, perhaps split the house 50-50 (aka equipment)

Sep 11, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Storm|V/OzCricket|NBA-P|NHL-P|V8|F1
Best to scope out potential gym-sourced relationships I think is when you're doing a workout off your normal schedule :) Then no stress on the breakup as you're already going at separate times (at worst). It's great having a gf that loves going the gym as much as you, though; not common to find those who are single, though, in the gyms I attend.

Our standing calf machine has a pin system and then bars to add plates once you've maxxed out the weight stack.
People who take plates off the machine rather than just lowering the weight with the pin system ouss me off.
Thanks. :thumbsu:

We are back on track......

Our standing calf machine has a pin system and then bars to add plates once you've maxxed out the weight stack.
People who take plates off the machine rather than just lowering the weight with the pin system ouss me off.
I wish we has a calf raise machine, of any description.
Weird for a large gym not to have one - especially considering they've put in both an adduction and an abduction machine, right next to an overly complicated glute isolation machine nobody uses.

Weird for a large gym not to have one - especially considering they've put in both an adduction and an abduction machine, right next to an overly complicated glute isolation machine nobody uses.

Then you will have to remove multiple plates from the machine, at my gym we have campaigners with "literally" no calves loading up with multiple 20kgs plates either side and think because they are using momentum and their body weight to lift the machine, that they are doing heavy calf raises. :drunk:

Then you will have to remove multiple plates from the machine, at my gym we have campaigners with "literally" no calves loading up with multiple 20kgs plates either side and think because they are using momentum and their body weight to lift the machine, that they are doing heavy calf raises. :drunk:
ive seen blokes arch their back and basically use their quads and glutes to push up.

ive seen blokes arch their back and basically use their quads and glutes to push up.
Bench Press?

aeu65I1.gif

I do arch my back and get leg drive, but nothing ever pronounced like above. lol

Like the image below but even to not that extent, but I wish I could get more arch like him.

PUryL.gif

Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeah, I'm pretty lucky. Got a seated calf doohickey as well, which is good for my chicken legs.

Back