Coronavirus and Football

Reluctant? LOL. They've been far more forthcoming than any other team in releasing information. The facts are there were 6 positive players and coaches out for the Arsenal game plus a significant amount of the squad in isolation and positive cases in the U23 squad. Training off for the week - this call was actually made by health authorities, not the club itself unless you also believe they are in on the conspiracy. One of the factors also was the squad travelling down to London when the club was dealing with a potential outbreak. False positives do happen. Actual positives towards the end of an infection do happen regularly which come up as a negative on PCR swaps a few days later.

Compared with Newcastle who had a grand total of 3 positive cases. No training ground closure. No management with positive cases. Apparently no explanation required for you on that one.

You could do a little more to hide your bias.

Who is talking about conspiracy?

Just saying that it's fair enough for Liverpool to be asked to explain what happened.

It has nothing to do with Newcastle, they provided the information they were required to for the league to make a decision and there is no evidence that information was wrong.

It has nothing to do with positives amongst the coaching staff either. Totally irrelevant. For the third post in a row you've accused me.of bias. This has nothing to do with me and I had nothing to do with your game being called off.

False positives do happen. I think the chances is something like 1 in a 1000 and like I said I"ve come across it a couple of times at work over the past few years (average 1k staff across 4 sites)

A number of false positives at once just isn't realistic unless there is some structural flaws with the testing process.

I think it's fair enough for the league to understand what those flaws are.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Who is talking about conspiracy?

Just saying that it's fair enough for Liverpool to be asked to explain what happened.

It has nothing to do with Newcastle, they provided the information they were required to for the league to make a decision and there is no evidence that information was wrong.

It has nothing to do with positives amongst the coaching staff either. Totally irrelevant. For the third post in a row you've accused me.of bias. This has nothing to do with me and I had nothing to do with your game being called off.

False positives do happen. I think the chances is something like 1 in a 1000 and like I said I"ve come across it a couple of times at work over the past few years (average 1k staff across 4 sites)

A number of false positives at once just isn't realistic unless there is some structural flaws with the testing process.

I think it's fair enough for the league to understand what those flaws are.

Liverpool's already explained what's happened. They've also provided the relevant information to the EFL who postponed the game and there's also no evidence the information was incorrect. The local health authority closed the training ground down during the week based of this information. On that matter the players you've been moaning about also were not eligible for the FA Cup tie as they were still isolating. U18 team was put on standby if needed and as it stood a signifcant amount of the FA Cup squad had never played senior football before or very little.

You've also ignored the reality that positive RAT tests towards the end of an infection can come up as negatives on pcr tests in a few days time. In that case they would be real positives that had gone or reduced to undetectable levels by the time the PCR test was done.

And also ridiculous to claim both assistant manager and manager testing positive is not relevant. Both are indicators of an outbreak, both had been working closely with players at the training ground.

Liverpool's already explained what's happened. They've also provided the relevant information to the EFL who postponed the game and there's also no evidence the information was incorrect. The local health authority closed the training ground down during the week based of this information. On that matter the players you've been moaning about also were not eligible for the FA Cup tie as they were still isolating. U18 team was put on standby if needed and as it stood a signifcant amount of the FA Cup squad had never played senior football before or very little.

You've also ignored the reality that positive RAT tests towards the end of an infection can come up as negatives on pcr tests in a few days time. In that case they would be real positives that had gone or reduced to undetectable levels by the time the PCR test was done.

And also ridiculous to claim both assistant manager and manager testing positive is not relevant. Both are indicators of an outbreak, both had been working closely with players at the training ground.
LOL OK.

Cue demands for details of positives and a full explanation from the usual suspects.
Why would there be? There wasn't any demands for explanations from Liverpool until the false positives story came out.

You're incredibly defensive on this issue. Surely Liverpool would be keen to know why this happened just as much as everyone else.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Why would there be? There wasn't any demands for explanations from Liverpool until the false positives story came out.

You're incredibly defensive on this issue. Surely Liverpool would be keen to know why this happened just as much as everyone else.

Defensive? Im enjoying the absolute piss boiling this is causing. Postponing is actually a disadvantage if anything for us with a PL game following the fixture instead of an FA Cup fixture against a lower league opponent. And second leg away from home.

Defensive? Im enjoying the absolute piss boiling this is causing. Postponing is actually a disadvantage if anything for us with a PL game following the fixture instead of an FA Cup fixture against a lower league opponent. And second leg away from home.
The only piss being boiled is yours at the suggestion that Liverpool find out exactly why this happened, what the consequences were and how it can be avoided again.

If it turns out to be a lab fault, then surely that is a concern both for yourselves and theEFL given that it led to a postponement of a cup semi final match.

I understand Liverpool use a local lab as opposed to the one the majority of the league use. Maybe that needs to be looked at if they aren't reliable.

Like I've said before the chances of that many false positives without structural flaws in the testing process is tiny. Suggesting we find out what those flaws is just common sense.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The only piss being boiled is yours at the suggestion that Liverpool find out exactly why this happened, what the consequences were and how it can be avoided again.

If it turns out to be a lab fault, then surely that is a concern both for yourselves and theEFL given that it led to a postponement of a cup semi final match.

I understand Liverpool use a local lab as opposed to the one the majority of the league use. Maybe that needs to be looked at if they aren't reliable.

Like I've said before the chances of that many false positives without structural flaws in the testing process is tiny. Suggesting we find out what those flaws is just common sense.

1642061184814.png

Same principle should apply no matter what team is involved.

It's not an anti-Liverpool thing.

But if there are structural flaws in the testing process then it needs to be looked into. Whether those flaws are at the club level or lab level doesn't really matter.

I can't imagine any club just accepting g up to 40 false positive tests and sitting back saying "oh well, of those things".

If a competition is affected, they have an interest as well.

Bath Rugby had a load of false positives, they invesstigated and the lab was found to be at fault. They changed their processes as a result.

I just don't get why some are so reluctant for this to happen.

From the Daily Mail, this is what club's need to provide when applying for a postponement.

Players and staff who have returned a positive COVID-19 test, their vaccination status and, if known, the source of their infections

Players and staff who are self-isolating

Players who are unavailable to play through injury or illness

Players listed on the club's squad list who are still available to play in the match, including appropriately experienced Under-21 players (which includes Under-21 players who have played for the club, another Premier League or EFL club, or an overseas club in the current season. However, any Under-21 player who participates in a club's FA Cup Round Three match and has not played in any other first-team competitions for the club this season will not be considered by the Board as appropriately experienced)

Supporting medical information to verify the status of each unavailable player, which will be reviewed by the League's medical advisers

From the Daily Mail, this is what club's need to provide when applying for a postponement.

Why should players absent through injury matter?

And players who played in the 3rd round of the FA Cup aren't experienced enough?! What rot.

In the long run the league and clubs agreed a rule based on available players, not Covid absences. AFCON, injuries and Covid are all taken into account according to the rule.

It is what it is, and you can't blame clubs for including injuries and AFCON in their unavailable lists when the rules say that's what you should be doing.

In the long run the league and clubs agreed a rule based on available players, not Covid absences. AFCON, injuries and Covid are all taken into account according to the rule.

It is what it is, and you can't blame clubs for including injuries and AFCON in their unavailable lists when the rules say that's what you should be doing.

I don't blame the clubs for taking advantage of the rules given to them.

This is another concerning aspect of the situation;

How many players are saying "Yeah my ankle is sore I can't play" when if they HAD to play they'd have a shot and run out and play?

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
This is another concerning aspect of the situation;

How many players are saying "Yeah my ankle is sore I can't play" when if they HAD to play they'd have a shot and run out and play?

A League system is better.

5 cases and/or serious injuries only considered in the postponement calculation.

Believe A League are calling the shots themselves rather than waiting for a club to say they are struggling.

Back