Anime/Manga you are currently watching/reading

What is with Netflix only having a couple of season of anime shows?

Demon slayer - 1 season
One Piece - 5 seasons
Food Wars - 2 Seasons of 5
Netflix has One Piece now? Huh.

Yep. A mate said they only have the first 5 and the rest is on CrunchyRoll.

I just can't afford the subscription that many of the good anime are hidden behind.
Crunchyroll has pretty much everything, and if you can put up with ads like I can then it's free.

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
Just finished Season 1 of Rent a Girlfriend and now following up on the Manga.

Stumbled upon it on Crunchy Roll and thought Why the F not. Man I binged watched it.

The main protagonist has so many "Bruh?!' Moments that you just want to shake your head and scream at the tv.

Highly recommend for anyone who just wants a romantic comedy..

thefendoff

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
your chest
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
since mid Covid when I rewatched naruto and got back Into anime I’ve now watched

Jujutsu kaisen
My hero academia
Attack on titan
Dr stone
Tokyo revengers
Demon slayer

Think I’ll do Hunter x hunter next, also deciding whether I’ll commit to one piece but that’s a proper undertaking to try watch all of it

thefendoff

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
your chest
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Also after bingeing attack on titan to catch up it’s gone straight to my number 1 anime and probably number 1 tv show full stop

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
Also after bingeing attack on titan to catch up it’s gone straight to my number 1 anime and probably number 1 tv show full stop
Just waiting for more episodes and dubs to come onto Crunchyroll but up to date on what they have.

Just finished Trinity Seven... been getting into the Harem style of Anime. Find it more funny then anything.

Might see out my year subscription (Just got it before finding out that Anime Lab/Funimation have more dubs than Crunchy Roll)

Tried Baki but it was meh.

Oct 21, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just finished reading Rainbow (Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin)

Set in post war Japan, it follows the lives of 7 young men who end up in the same cell at a reform school (basically juvenile detention). Quite dark and gritty, but also very good and hard to put down. The author who passed away a few years ago was ex-Yakuza, which probably adds to the overall flavour.

Apr 10, 2015
Dirty white van
AFL Club
Essendon
Just finished Domestic Girlfriend. What a spicey series of a Manga (only did 1 season of Anime). By spicey I mean, taboo and controversy.

What I loved most about it wasn't the trashy side of the story.... lets face it, the whole story is one train wreck after another. But the actual character developments and back story make it a very well written piece (reflected in the sales being over 500 million IIRC) I couldn't stop binging reading all 276 chapters and got through it in 3 days.

Think I found my Waifu (chatacter wife).

Last edited:
Just starting one piece. I’ve watched so many others in the last couple of years but avoided it cause it’s so damn long. Wish me luck
It's a long journey but worth it.

Sully90

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal
Just finished Attack on Titan, now moving onto the Entertainment District arc of Demon Slayer. After that not sure though, maybe One Punch Man.

Also reading through the Vinlandsaga manga. Top tier manga and anime.

Back