News New Irish Recruit - Oisin Mullin...2022 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Mayo players still think he’s Australia bound as of today. His partner has also been all over socials talking about covid and iso so I assume he’s been effected by that as well.

Reckon they'd know more than most about what Mullin is doing/thinking. Just seems like nothing more than pointed gossip, the rumours about him not coming.

Thats perverse If players are paid its not amateur. Under the table means it's a rort or a tactical advantage. It sounds like a basketball movie I watched years ago..when the player got paid to turn on the automatic sprinklers. Is attendance at the game is free entry as well. If under the table payments are rife then they are in denial.
Michael Collins didn't die just so players could get properly paid

I’d say he’ll end up in Geelong for 2022 but there is clearly some doubt in his mind about the move and I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t stay too long in Australia. Plenty of others have moved back for homesickness reasons before him.

I feel bad for the kid , people are hyping him heaps. He’s meant to be this stellar recruit but few weeks out of training he hasn’t made the move?

doubt he will last for long, maybe 2 games this year due to players getting covid.

Good attempt cats but I don’t think we found the man.

James Horan, Mayo manager (Head coach) was asked yesterday about Mullin after their pre season match against Galway. He’s notoriously full of disdain for the media in general and never gives much away, but he said “it’s a tough one for him and his family” that was the exact answer that I heard in the radio.
Make of that what you will I guess.. 🤷‍♂️

James Horan, Mayo manager (Head coach) was asked yesterday about Mullin after their pre season match against Galway. He’s notoriously full of disdain for the media in general and never gives much away, but he said “it’s a tough one for him and his family” that was the exact answer that I heard in the radio.
Make of that what you will I guess.. 🤷‍♂️
You expect him to say "yeah it was an easy decision"?

You expect him to say "yeah it was an easy decision"?
Think you are missing my point. He was talking in the present tense. If the decision was made you’d imagine James Horan would just have said “yeah he’s going to be a loss but we will move on without him” etc etc.
It indicates there is still some uncertainty about this that’s all. I’m only the messenger relaying what I heard!

Think you are missing my point. He was talking in the present tense. If the decision was made you’d imagine James Horan would just have said “yeah he’s going to be a loss but we will move on without him” etc etc.
It indicates there is still some uncertainty about this that’s all. I’m only the messenger relaying what I heard!
It's also basically the same way cats people talked about GAJ leaving for the Suns 10 years ago. No one wanted to say it despite it being true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't doubt it if there were some powerful local interests putting some pressure on him. Either guilt tripping him, offering more financially/job, or outright threats.
Or it could be from within the family. Really tough situation to be in for a young guy.
Or it just could be covid related.

I wouldn't doubt it if there were some powerful local interests putting some pressure on him. Either guilt tripping him, offering more financially/job, or outright threats.
Or it could be from within the family. Really tough situation to be in for a young guy.
Or it just could be covid related.
This is nonsense. There’s no “outright threats” or anything of the sort. Plenty of players in Gaa leave county panels for all sorts of reasons. Who on earth would want to keep someone in an elite sporting environment against their will anyway, easpecially one where they don’t get paid.
I reckon it’s unfortunately some kind of personal family issue that’s holding him from coming over and I’m not going to speculate any more than that. Hopefully it gets resolved and if he ends up coming to the afl then I wish him the very best of luck.

Seems like the announcement is now imminent that he won’t be coming with a little over 30 days now to the first practice match. Disappointing as it would have been good to see him play. There seemed genuine excitement that he was going to be one of the best to come over.

Well now is about the time he's due so looks like he really might be staying
Yeah. He's missed enough of the preseason to suggest he won't be playing much of a part in 2022 anyway. Give him the time and space he needs if there's family reasons behind him not getting his ass to Mars.. I mean Mooroobool St.. straight away.

This is nonsense. There’s no “outright threats” or anything of the sort. Plenty of players in Gaa leave county panels for all sorts of reasons. Who on earth would want to keep someone in an elite sporting environment against their will anyway, easpecially one where they don’t get paid.
I reckon it’s unfortunately some kind of personal family issue that’s holding him from coming over and I’m not going to speculate any more than that. Hopefully it gets resolved and if he ends up coming to the afl then I wish him the very best of luck.
merely speculation, for various angles
There could be a lot of tribalism between the GAA counties, or even underworld involvement what with it supposedly being amateur. It isn't unheard of sports clubs, not at the elite level, having unsavory links. Under the table stuff probably is common place.

If I was place a bet in a pool, I go with something covid related.

That article appears to be at least a month old. Interestingly, there is a current article of some little interest to us, https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40778649.html I hope he has a great debut.
1641999772954.png

Looks like he learned a thing or two whilst in Geelong anyway. These are NAB cup type preseason games, so nothing to gauge him on.

As for Mullin, it does look unusual to be so late leaving. Super player, similar mould to O Connor with good hard running and a good kick.

View attachment 1310014

Looks like he learned a thing or two whilst in Geelong anyway. These are NAB cup type preseason games, so nothing to gauge him on.

As for Mullin, it does look unusual to be so late leaving. Super player, similar mould to O Connor with good hard running and a good kick.
GFC still have Oisin listed on website ......Guernsey 34.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220113-074012_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220113-074012_Chrome.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back