#27 - Harley Balic - Retired

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody is calling anybody evil

The whole situation is sad.

I work in the Alcohol and Drugs space so it's kind of hit close to home

Ive been looking into a tone of child murders lately, its a rabbit hole I wish I didnt start as they get me emotional (believe it or not) and I cant seem to stop watching more and more , the world is a ******* s**t place mate. let me rephrase, the world is fine, humans are ******* s**t tho.

Anyway RIP Harley.

Enough for every other news outlet to mention it. it takes 1 minute to put something up on the website. It's not something you can exactly put up in a weeks time.
It takes 1 minute to put something up. It takes a lot longer to process it and do it right

It takes 1 minute to put something up. It takes a lot longer to process it and do it right
This kind of thing is literally the definition of ‘too many cooks’. If you don’t put something up it’s not a crime, you’re just making space for and not diluting the impact of all of the other posts, so if you’re going to do it you want to do it right. Good to see that the club has made a statement but I’d rather they took their time or even didn’t post anything at all than jumped the gun and inadvertently done more harm.

Ridiculous to rage about this , who gives a *, if I was his family id much rather the club have reached out to me privately than be worried about some token press release at this time. Until you can prove that didnt happen have a bex and a lay down.

I suggest you go get checked out yourself Danster because you're cooked if your one gripe was a footy club not releasing a small statement. Far bigger issues going on in the world then rage over this.

It was incredibly sad to hear of the news of his passing yesterday afternoon. Harley was doing some mental health work for Monash Health and seemed to be tracking okay with that. His birthday was last Wednesday and he unfortunately passed a few days later on Sunday morning. It hits a raw nerve when he is so young at just 25.

May he finally be at peace away from the Demons that haunted him the last few years.

I suggest you go get checked out yourself Danster because you're cooked if your one gripe was a footy club not releasing a small statement. Far bigger issues going on in the world then rage over this.

It was incredibly sad to hear of the news of his passing yesterday afternoon. Harley was doing some mental health work for Monash Health and seemed to be tracking okay with that. His birthday was last Wednesday and he unfortunately passed a few days later on Sunday morning. It hits a raw nerve when he is so young at just 25.

May he finally be at peace away from the Demons that haunted him the last few years.

You literally can say that there are far bigger issues going on in the world with just about every issue in the world. I think it's fair enough to have a gripe over this. I had a gripe about the media guys for some time.

You literally can say that there are far bigger issues going on in the world with just about every issue in the world. I think it's fair enough to have a gripe over this. I had a gripe about the media guys for some time.
Seriously danster, get a hold of yourself. It is completely inappropriate to use this situation to air your grievances with the media department of the MFC. They are not a news agency. There is no reason whatsoever for them to ”report” on this. YOU need to show a bit (a lot) more respect and realize this about a young bloke in pain whose life has ended too soon.

Yeah nah your dead set ****ed cooked mate.

I would say it's an unbelievable melt by you, but to be honest it's not one bit surprising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While it probably didn't take much for the club to write up the condolences release, I don't think it's something to be up in arms about.
Some of the current players seem to have been fairly close to him (Harmesy particularly, based on insta) so maybe they wanted to give folks a moment before putting it out. Bloody sad news regardless.

Seriously danster, get a hold of yourself. It is completely inappropriate to use this situation to air your grievances with the media department of the MFC. They are not a news agency. There is no reason whatsoever for them to ”report” on this. YOU need to show a bit (a lot) more respect and realize this about a young bloke in pain whose life has ended too soon.

Literally the opposite of everything you just said. I never mentioned report, you did. I wasn't using the platform to air grievances. it was to say that I think they need to show the due respect and have something on the main page. And they did not too long after my post. So the club clearly agreed with me that the sad passing required 'reporting'.
Talk about twisting things.

Yeah nah your dead set f’ed cooked mate.

I would say it's an unbelievable melt by you, but to be honest it's not one bit surprising.

Typical by you to air grievances and get personal on a RIP page. Shame on you. Show some respect. I was asking for nothing but respect to me shown and I think when every news article in Perth had already published it, I was just hoping the club wouldn't take much longer to do the same. And they didn't.

Yeah nah your dead set f’ed cooked mate.

He is the same in every thread on every board

my ignore list increases by 1
Surprised you haven't already got him on ignore

Ive been looking into a tone of child murders lately, its a rabbit hole I wish I didnt start as they get me emotional (believe it or not) and I cant seem to stop watching more and more , the world is a ******* sh*t place mate. let me rephrase, the world is fine, humans are ******* sh*t tho.

Anyway RIP Harley.
Nah, the vast majority of people are pretty good. When it comes to kids 99.99% are good

It's just that there are so many people that it only takes 0.0000000001% to be ****ed up and those are the stories that are reported or get coverage, which leads you to take your view

My mrs went down that rabbit hole a few months ago with the girl that was kidnapped in WA. Somehow signed up to some news thing that kept on sending her stories about kid abductions/abuse/disappearances ext. Stuff that wasn't really making the media. Was making her pretty upset, had to tell her just to delete the notifications, you don't need to be seeing that kind of s**t. Makes you realise why so many cops/detectives become depressed alcoholics having to see this s**t all the time

My mrs went down that rabbit hole a few months ago with the girl that was kidnapped in WA. Somehow signed up to some news thing that kept on sending her stories about kid abductions/abuse/disappearances ext. Stuff that wasn't really making the media. Was making her pretty upset, had to tell her just to delete the notifications, you don't need to be seeing that kind of sh*t. Makes you realise why so many cops/detectives become depressed alcoholics having to see this sh*t all the time

Yea, its really depressing.

I couldn't be a cop, id be fired so fast, would go out of my way to hurt and torture these people. The justice system isn't enough.

Surprised you haven't already got him on ignore

havent really seen him round/or annoy me before now, granted im not posting on this board as often as I did.

Yea, its really depressing.

I couldn't be a cop, id be fired so fast, would go out of my way to hurt and torture these people. The justice system isn't enough.
It's funny my wife has said to me heaps of times I should be someone who does that s**t (as in a detective/cop) as she likes to say I'm almost emotionless (bit of a stretch I think). But in bad situations or when something bad goes down I don't get emotional/panicky at all especially when I don't know the person and I honestly don't remember ever getting overly emotional about anything.

But I reckon being a detective working on cases involving kids would * with my head eventually. Years ago I don't think it would have but now I have my own kids my emotions towards kids have defiantly softened me even if only slightly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back