What are the question marks over your team in 2022?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks fans aren't beating their chests about how good they'll be at all, they're just correcting people like yourself who are so opinionated about a list that they clearly know very little about.

You just posted that Hawthorn will have Frost and McEvoy as key defenders, which tells me you don't know what you're talking about.
Hawks fans aren't beating their chests about how good they'll be at all, they're just correcting people like yourself who are so opinionated about a list that they clearly know very little about.

You just posted that Hawthorn will have Frost and McEvoy as key defenders, which tells me you don't know what you're talking about.

Every side has young emerging players who opposition fans don't know much about. That is because they are young and relatively unproven.

Hawks are rebuilding so sure they have a lot of younger unproven talent. And now an unproven coach.

Hence my bottom 4 prediction.

Anyway let's just see how the season pans out. If the Hawks can stay Covid free they might even win it. That's how stuffed up 2022 is likely to end up.

Last edited:
Every side has young emerging players who opposition fans don't know much about. Thats becausethey are young and relatively unproven.

Hawks are rebuilding so sure they have a lot of younger unproven talent. And now an unproven coach.

Hence the bottom 4 prediction.

Anyway let's just see how the season pans out. If the Hawks can stay Covid free they might even win it. Thats how stuffed up 2022 is likely to end up.
How has your post got anthing to do with what I posted, and you not knowing that…

A. McEvoy is not a key defender.
B. Frost is not our only one.

How has your post got anthing to do with what I posted, and you not knowing that…

Pretty simple really. I just said every team has unproven n and unknown players

Neck r said Hawks only had two kp defenders.

We were discussing depth and you said I didn't know much about the Hawks list.

Unproven and younger players are unknown to most opposition supporters unless they are standouts.

McEvoy was moved back last season. Why did that happen I wonder? Because your previ plus premiership FB retired (Then changed his mind and played for Saints).

Every team has more than two kp defenders. How proven they are and how well known they are is another question.

Pretty simple concept.

Unproven and younger players are unknown to most opposition supporters unless they are standouts.

McEvoy was moved back last season. Why did that happen I wonder? Because your previ plus premiership FB retired (Then changed his mind and played for Saints).

Every team has more than two kp defenders. How proven they are and how well known they are is another question.

Pretty simple concept.
McEvoy didn't play defense * all last year, it was the year before that.

Frost, DGB, Hartigan and Sicily can play as a key defender aswell.

McEvoy didn't play defense fu** all last year, it was the year before that.

Frost, DGB, Hartigan and Sicily can play as a key defender aswell.

Sicily is a 186 cm 3rd tall and coming back from a knee reco.

DGB is 19 in his 2nd year.

Frost is a break glass in emergency player.

A Hartigan.....I don't really know. 30 yrs old and listed as average in career stats on Hawks site.. Not in the conversation with players like say Darcy Moore or Lever / May.

So you just proved how the Hawks depth in KP defense is thin ATM.

A Hartigan.....I don't really know. 30 yrs old and listed as average in career stats on Hawks site.. Not in the conversation with players like say Darcy Moore or Lever / May.

Lol and apparently their defence is their biggest asset ATM.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pretty simple concept.
Once again you just confirm that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

McEvoy did not play defense last year.

Hartigan is our fullback, when we played the Eagles he played on Kennedy who had three shots on goal.

Bs Sicily is 186. Absolutely no chance, maybe when he was drafted but he looks as tall as Scrimshaw who is 193..

DGB is DGB, talent.

Frost is very good one on one

Hartigan very good one on one (probably wont play much maybe against just big forwards.)

I never said we had the best midfielder, I’m not sure why we’re discussing solely 1 player. Pretty clear we have a better midfield now and for the future.

Cunnington
Simpkin
Anderson
Greenwood
LDU
Thomas
Stephenson
Powell
Phillips
Lazarro
Horne- Francis
Goater

There are 8 first round picks on that list. We have invested heavily in our midfield for 6-7 years, which Hawthorn clearly haven’t.

Greenwood will fill a role in a talented developing midfield.

Give me your list of mids and don’t list flankers who have spent bugger all time in the midfield.

Can probably remove Anderson from this list

Bs Sicily is 186. Absolutely no chance, maybe when he was drafted but he looks as tall as Scrimshaw who is 193..

DGB is DGB, talent.

Frost is very good one on one

Hartigan very good one on one (probably wont play much maybe against just big forwards.)

Sicily height I checked on the Hawks AFL page. I thought he was 188cm at least.

Either way he,s a third tall like Howe at the Pies. Not KPP.

And I presume you aren't denying he,s coming back from a serious knee inury.

So nothing you posted supports the claim that the Hawks talls down back have quality depth. D GB will likely be very good but at 19 he has years to go before reaching his best.

2022 Hawks will find it tough down back against half decent opposition.

Once again you just confirm that you don’t know what you’re talking about.

McEvoy did not play defense last year.

Hartigan is our fullback, when we played the Eagles he played on Kennedy who had three shots on goal.

Lol.

So sorry McEvoy played defense in 2020 not 2021.

My humble apologies.

Any more hairs you want to split?

Hawks KP backs are thin and lack depth. Thats is as obvious as the bias you are displaying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol.

My humble apologies.

Hawks KP backs are thin and lack depth. That's is as obvious as the bias you are displaying.
Our backs are thin

But that's not splitting hairs, he was just stating facts, and he played back to prolong his carreer

Lol.

My humble apologies.

Hawks KP backs are thin and lack depth. Thats is as obvious as the bias you are displaying.
The bias?

I’m simply applying some facts to your posts.

Your key position stocks are pretty bad. I would take McKay, Corr and Walker over Frost, Hartigan and DGB every day of the week.

That says more about you than Hawthorn’s key backs.

A lot resting on DGB’s shoulders that’s for sure.

If we pretend Sicily, Scrimshaw, Jiath, Day, Impey and Hardwick have all been delisted, and that we’re banned from drafting and trading…then, yes.

The bias?

I’m simply applying some facts to your posts.

Splitting hairs is all you are doing.

And totally over rating the quality of the talls down back.

Facts are Sicily is not a KP defender.

And very likely he will take time to come back from that serious knee injury. So I would hesitate banking on him playing his previous best footy in 2022.

The fact is DGB is still a kid at 19 and he will take years before he develops enough and leads the Hawthorn backline.

That leaves a couple of battlers to hold the line in 2022.

NOT hard to understand if you open both eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back