Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

You clearly don't know how good Greenwood is. Wasn't anderson relegated to the forward pocket when he came back end of 2021? That's in a side without cunners in the midfield
Every time we've played GC Anderson has been better than Greenwood. Neither of them were top mids in the side either. Its probably pretty close between them tho.

When Anderson came back in his first game after injury we smashed the opposition to the point they were scared of going near the ball while he kicked two and had four goal assists.

More importantly tho the only young Mid we've got who has shown they can consistently work hard in the middle is Jy. Without Anderson and Cunners it leaves Greenwood, who has his own injury concerns, as our only hard working mature body in the middle. Maybe Jy is old enough to be considered mature now but it still leaves us very thin on the ground.

It would be great if LDU steps up but he needs to be alot more aggressive when he doesn't have the ball to balance that midfield with only one of Anderson, Cunners and Greenwood available.

Haydon could do it tho. He showed a bit in that game where he played on Pendlebury. (Till he got injured.)

Borderline best 22 for me in fact many posters teams left him out in the prediction thread

I only just snuck him on the bench
You didn't give him a single vote during the year that he came third in the Syd tho. Your biases often stop you seeing footy clearly.

This isn't just about Jed either, there is a list a mile long we can all refer to.

In my case numbness, tremors, brain fog, migraines lasting for months. Apparently very similar to long covid. Not common but does happen.
I hope you got some relief as time went on.

All the best with it either way.

You didn't give him a single vote during the year that he came third in the Syd tho. Your biases often stop you seeing footy clearly.

This isn't just about Jed either, there is a list a mile long we can all refer to.
Refer to the best 22 thread for others teams then that I’m referencing

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Every time we've played GC Anderson has been better than Greenwood.

This is where your point trips up Ferb. Looking in isolation at only when we've played GC is selective & doesn't paint a full picture.

However if you want to look at purely when we've played them, re-watch last years game in Tassie where HG nearly won them the game himself.

Looking at their career stats, they're similar in a lot of areas - Disposals, Marks, Goals, Assists, One Percenters.

Where the difference lies is in important statistics related to the position they play of "Inside Bull" - Tackles, Clearances & Contested Possessions. Lets also note, that Hugh is 12cm taller & 13kg heavier then Jed - Important in that role.

1641940771431.png

1641940801662.png

It's not taking anything away from Jed, who is a solid player, however Greenwood is an upgrade IMO.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Jed's a solid player, but if he decides not get vaxxed and can't play then we move on. He's not a vital player moving forward and Greenwood can cover him on the short term. Although it would have been nice to have them both in the team this season

Neither of them are covering Cunnington. He's on a different stratosphere and is a completely different beast.

They say never waste a crisis. However long Cunners is out for, Thomas, Phillips, Powell and JHF will get extra minutes.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Jed's a solid player, but if he decides not get vaxxed and can't play then we move on. He's not a vital player moving forward and Greenwood can cover him on the short term. Although it would have been nice to have them both in the team this season

Neither of them are covering Cunnington. He's on a different stratosphere and is a completely different beast.

They say never waste a crisis. However long Cunners is out for, Thomas, Phillips, Powell and JHF will get extra minutes.

Well said Brady..oh passmore I meant

:sternlook

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is where your point trips up Ferb. Looking in isolation at only when we've played GC is selective & doesn't paint a full picture.

However if you want to look at purely when we've played them, re-watch last years game in Tassie where HG nearly won them the game himself.

Looking at their career stats, they're similar in a lot of areas - Disposals, Marks, Goals, Assists, One Percenters.

Where the difference lies is in important statistics related to the position they play of "Inside Bull" - Tackles, Clearances & Contested Possessions. Lets also note, that Hugh is 12cm taller & 13kg heavier then Jed - Important in that role.

View attachment 1309448
View attachment 1309449

It's not taking anything away from Jed, who is a solid player, however Greenwood is an upgrade IMO.
Bloody great post psi

Whether we think Jed is best 22 or not is irrelevant, he is battle hardened and we dont have a heap of guys in that bracket to weather the hard hits and hand a few out. He tows the caravan, we are becoming less reliant on him but whatever his flaws or perceived ones he is still a required player. He might be on a similar trajectory to frog as the young guys develop but as someone else alluded to, we are going to need all hands on deck and depth in the batting line up is important

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Another good point, if he doesnt want to get vaxxed we move on and spread the minutes across other players. Lemons and lemonade

HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Its probably been asked/discussed earlier but how bad was this reaction ?
For me to not get a 2nd jab and give up 300-400k or more dollars it must of been one hell of a reaction that left him very ill.
Would take more than some body aches and a fever for me to give that up.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Its probably been asked/discussed earlier but how bad was this reaction ?
For me to not get a 2nd jab and give up 300-400k or more dollars it must of been one hell of a reaction that left him very ill.
Would take more than some body aches and a fever for me to give that up.
Maybe the reaction was a black eye from an anti-vaxxer who was disappointed he got the first one?

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whether or not you think Jed is best 22, this is a year where clubs' depth will be tested more than ever. Each club will be expecting to go through periods missing groups of players at a time due to Covid. In that sense, losing a proven AFL quality player - regardless of whether he would ordinarily be destined to be selected each week in ordinary times - will hit hard. Hope they work this out.
I sure as s**t hope our depth isn't tested more than the first half of last year...

As for Jed I just hope he can make whatever decision he needs to make without any major regrets. There would have been a lot of vaccine hesitant players that ended up getting both shots, I was actually expecting more players to sit out tbh, and if Jed decides he's not comfortable with the second shot then I don't have any hard feelings. In fact I wish him the best.

As they say there's more to life than footy, and fear of not being able to enjoy that life to the fullest would be a pretty big motivator (regardless of how well founded that fear is). I also imagine the prospect of returning to Melbourne with all the glory of it's crowds, regulations, and insane rehtoric would probably put a big ******* dampener on everything.

I sure as sh*t hope our depth isn't tested more than the first half of last year...

As for Jed I just hope he can make whatever decision he needs to make without any major regrets. There would have been a lot of vaccine hesitant players that ended up getting both shots, I was actually expecting more players to sit out tbh, and if Jed decides he's not comfortable with the second shot then I don't have any hard feelings. In fact I wish him the best.

As they say there's more to life than footy, and fear of not being able to enjoy that life to the fullest would be a pretty big motivator (regardless of how well founded that fear is). I also imagine the prospect of returning to Melbourne with all the glory of it's crowds, regulations, and insane rehtoric would probably put a big ******* dampener on everything.
I guess the good thing is atm our injury list is just Cunners, pat walker and Bonar (who at least can still run atm and is still on track for round 1)

Surprised at some of the comments here.

Jed's a bloody good player, and a required one at that, IMO. As we develop our youth, he'll be an important player for us in 2022/23.

FWIW, my wife is a nurse administering covid jabs some of the time. She's seen waayy more side effects from Pfizer vs AZ. AZ was first out and the media got a hold of the blood clots angle. Pfizer side effects are not reported with nearly as much hyperbole IMO. She would see multiple patients return day after their jab with racing heart beats, high blood pressure, etc... and often would advise patients to go to the hospital for monitoring. This was mostly for young, fit men too.

I hope Jed gets the jab and comes back to us, but if he had that adverse reaction (who's to know how bad it actually was - it's none of our business), I can understand why he's concerned.

Either way, Jed has been a great servant of this club, is still a required player & those saying good riddance should ease up.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Jed's a bloody good player, and a required one at that, IMO. As we develop our youth, he'll be an important player for us in 2022/23.

FWIW, my wife is a nurse administering covid jabs some of the time. She's seen waayy more side effects from Pfizer vs AZ. AZ was first out and the media got a hold of the blood clots angle. Pfizer side effects are not reported with nearly as much hyperbole IMO. She would see multiple patients return day after their jab with racing heart beats, high blood pressure, etc... and often would advise patients to go to the hospital for monitoring. This was mostly for young, fit men too.

I hope Jed gets the jab and comes back to us, but if he had that adverse reaction (who's to know how bad it actually was - it's none of our business), I can understand why he's concerned.

Either way, Jed has been a great servant of this club, is still a required player & those saying good riddance should ease up.
Well said, there's a lot more going on with Phizer than had been talked about. Hope Ked goes gor the second and chooses Moderna

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Maybe what you are saying is true. I dunno.

I wouldn't be reading anything into the wording of the statement tho.

Even without a poor reaction mid December is only about the time between doses anyway and afaik the NT is behind on its rollout compared to everywhere else. It certainly was. To the point where they had severe lockouts for unvaccinated people across the territory very recently. So if he's trying to see medical people and unvaccinated I reckon it would be a pita right now.

Jed seems pretty conscientious. He was prepared to pay his own way to Utah to help his fitness and doesn't have stories floating around about his sleevo like behaviour. It seems odd he'd have one dose and not the second without a good reason.

Good points, but daresay would have been plenty of prior opportunity to get dose 1 in Melbourne prior to the break. I sincerely hope we see Jed back playing in the royal blue and white.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
Not to mention its likely all clubs will have forced outs throughout the year as players catch COVID

yep 100pct this. Seeing it here in local sport already A grade baseball fielding teams with a number of up and coming 15 yo's,,,,,certainly makes for some interesting results, basically which ever team has the most talented juniors with kids sometimes facing 95 mph pitching with the ABL season cancelled and players dropping back to club level.

Wonderdog

All Australian
Nov 14, 2001
Canberra
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Latest ATAGI stats are that 55% reported no side effects, 44% reported mild side effects not needing to go to a doctor, less than 1% had side effects that necessitated going to a doctor or hospital. The stats don’t differentiate between the vaccines.

Swallow_Wood

Premiership Player
Jun 11, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Latest ATAGI stats are that 55% reported no side effects, 44% reported mild side effects not needing to go to a doctor, less than 1% had side effects that necessitated going to a doctor or hospital. The stats don’t differentiate between the vaccines.

Breaks down Covid side effects rate by vaccine via survey response.

Pfizer
Doctor or emergency visit post 1st dose: Less than 1 in 100 (from 2,038,492 respondents)
Doctor or emergency visit post 2nd dose: Just over 1 in 100 (from 1,848,010 respondents)
Doctor or emergency visit post booster: Just over 1 in 100 (from 192,520 respondents)

AZ
Doctor or emergency visit post 1st dose: Just over 1 in 100 (from 513,488 respondents)
Doctor or emergency visit post 2nd dose: Less than 1 in 100 (from 457,733 respondents)

Moderna
Doctor or emergency visit post 1st dose: Just over 1 in 100 (from 19,327 respondents)
Doctor or emergency visit post 2nd dose: Just over 3 in 100 (from 16,201 respondents)

Also breaks it down for adolescents, ATSI peeps, pregnant women and cancer/transplant patients. Really not much variance across all cohorts.

Back