Competitions Health and fitness

I went on my first bike ride with my road bike!

it was a short 20min ride just to get used to the breaks, gears and riding on the road. Tbh it was daunting but luckily there weren’t cars on the road.

I kinda stuffed my wheels a bit breaking in gravel
What type of bike did you end up getting?

I have to slowly get used to commercial gyms again, I miss having the privacy and friends around to have a laugh.

anyways, did a ‘light’ session, my legs are in agony cramping.

5x3 box squats superset with
5 weighted jumps.

5x3 hex bar deadlifts superset with
Heavy sled push

core circuit: leg raises, Russian twists and pallof press

MY AIRPODS DIED BTW IN THE MIDDLE OF MY SQUATS

Haha sorry in advance for the essay.

Initially this weird abdomen/hip flexor/groin injury that, according to Dr. Google, I'm like 99.9% sure was athletic pubalgia and kept me from running without pain and walking without discomfort for about 4 months. It was f’ed. Like getting out of bed was agony for about 6 weeks and I did everything possible to avoid sneezing or coughing.

It got to its worst just as the first lockdown hit this year and frankly I didn't have the money or patience to deal with trying to get into the physio at the time, which I know was dumb of me. Anyway, I followed this rehab plan I found online that actually seemed legit but suggested that if it didn't work would probably indicate surgery was needed. It actually seemed to work too. I was able to get to a stage where I progressed through some light jogging over longer and longer distances and finally got to attempting some higher intensity running. The first session was fine and then towards the second one I strained my soleus muscle. That was about 6-8 weeks ago now and I've just resumed running over the last week.

The positive out of the last couple of months though is that during that time I started to focus on some proper strength training which has been great and while there was a slight ache in my calf towards the end of my run, I have no discomfort at all from the previous issue and the small lingering tightness issues I had in my lower back and hip flexors when I initially started running again have completely disappeared. I'm just unfit as fu**.
But late in this one, bit did anyone ever check you for a hernia?

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Got beat up by this today. No-one finished in 23minutes. I was done at 30 using the 20kg KB.

Small finisher of 5 minute max handstand walk or wall climb at the end

I've managed to navigate life without needing to handstand walk myself out of a situation for 44 years, so went for the wall climbs.
Screenshot_20220104-214515_Wodify.jpg

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I ended up dropping 15kg between the start of August's lockdown and Xmas. I swear I haven't been *that* bad since then, but 1.8 kg has already gone back on. 😡
I'll start back on intermittent fasting and a walking regime on Monday, and hopefully start jogging again in Feb. Determined to have these clothes fit me all year!

I ended up dropping 15kg between the start of August's lockdown and Xmas. I swear I haven't been *that* bad since then, but 1.8 kg has already gone back on.
I'll start back on intermittent fasting and a walking regime on Monday, and hopefully start jogging again in Feb. Determined to have these clothes fit me all year!
Amazing how quick it can come back on hey!

1 week to lose, 1 day to put it back on!

Just a little update:

went on a 1km run and had no problem with my ankle but my fking quads were killing me from yesterdays gym session.

talked to my coach for this season and we start pre season on the 1st of feb and I’m really underdone but I have told her that I just started running today after 5 or so weeks sidelined.

I brought a indoor trainer for my bike and when it comes I’m gonna get it set up with zwift.

stressing out because I’m so unfit atm, I’m trying to build at least a bulk of it back in a month or so

Just a little update:

went on a 1km run and had no problem with my ankle but my fking quads were killing me from yesterdays gym session.

talked to my coach for this season and we start pre season on the 1st of feb and I’m really underdone but I have told her that I just started running today after 5 or so weeks sidelined.

I brought a indoor trainer for my bike and when it comes I’m gonna get it set up with zwift.

stressing out because I’m so unfit atm, I’m trying to build at least a bulk of it back in a month or so
Try not to stress, it's just wasted energy. It is what it is and you are where you are.

Your attitude will see you through!

Thanks. Haha I'm not sure i'd say 'well' but even though it was very gentle with a fair bit of walking involved I got through it which was the main thing.

Haha good to hear mate. Easing into it which is the main thing. Am sure you'll be smashing PB's in no time.

Just a little update:

You can have a decent cardio workout with an Indoor Cycling Trainer. Get the Towels and Fan ready. You will sweat up a storm. :stern look

You can have a decent cardio workout with an Indoor Cycling Trainer. Get the Towels and Fan ready. You will sweat up a storm. :stern look
Well zondor I am waiting for it to get delivered

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
2 x blocks of 4 minute fartlek running bookended by 2 x 5 minute blocks of reasonably solid steady state running.

My breathing's almost back to normal, even at higher intensity running, which is mainly what I was looking to get out of it. Otherwise I feel great. Fingers crossed my body holds up this time. Looking to get a really good 2-3 week block of running in before I start footy pre-season at a new club. I'm resigned to the fact that I'm going to be well behind when it starts up but hopefully I can make a bit of progress over the next few weeks.

Back