Position 2022 Fantasy Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m currently one of the dumb people with curnow in my team, my thought process behind that is he has better job security then w.brodie and higher scoring potential then w.rioli. Worst case scenario it’s easy to go down to a rook or sideways to one of the other 2, but probably will start brodie if named round 1

Really cheap not to have a look

That’s a no from me for any considerations on Preuss.

Between Preuss, Flynn and Briggs, the Giants are yet to see who currently sits atop of their pecking order as they continue to plan their rotation structure.

“Those three boys are really fighting for that opportunity to take that position and it’s yet to be decided," McCartney added.

“It’ll be horses for courses whether it will be just one ruckman or at times I could probably see us going with two.”

Between Preuss, Flynn and Briggs, the Giants are yet to see who currently sits atop of their pecking order as they continue to plan their rotation structure.

“Those three boys are really fighting for that opportunity to take that position and it’s yet to be decided," McCartney added.

“It’ll be horses for courses whether it will be just one ruckman or at times I could probably see us going with two.”

Thanks my one day of owning Preuss was exciting... i'm paying up for Gawn

Getting to the stage where I’m going to look at a restructure and get Max and just be done with it

Max 95+ in 22/25 games last year including finals, elite consistency . I think he averages 100-105, so he will lose a bit of cash, but there’s just so many question marks on the others

Witts- coming back from injury and Chol

Marshall- the return of Ryder

Darcy- injury concerns

Preuss- Leon factor with rucks

ROB- is he just an 85-90 guy? Can let you down

Getting to the stage where I’m going to look at a restructure and get Max and just be done with it

Max 95+ in 22/25 games last year including finals, elite consistency . I think he averages 100-105, so he will lose a bit of cash, but there’s just so many question marks on the others

Darcy- injury concerns

Yeah agree, i'm gonna go Max. Gonna lose cash but stuff it he has the highest ceiling of them all

That dirty word “rotation” 🤮

Just had a play around, I just can’t do Max without too much compromise elsewhere. I can fit Darcy in and be happy though

Think I’ll back Darcy in at this stage. He’s 23, prime age. Played 21 straight games last season. Yes we hobbling some weeks, but the fact he kept playing is a good sign imo. He’s not a ruck that relies on taps, he finds the footy and tackles. I’m backing him in for 100+ and to challenge Gawn as R2

Darcy- injury concerns

Max is Melbourne's key asset though and you'd think they would manage his minutes and ruck time as they go for back to back, bit of a different mentality than going for that first flag where it's balls to the wall. He might get 'the Dusty treatment' where they hide him in a pocket for a quarter.

They have Jackson as an emerging gun ruck whom they'll want to give time in the middle to as well.

Honestly think there's as many questions on Gawn as there are on the others, given his high price.

Max is Melbourne's key asset though and you'd think they would manage his minutes and ruck time as they go for back to back, bit of a different mentality than going for that first flag where it's balls to the wall. He might get 'the Dusty treatment' where they hide him in a pocket for a quarter.

They have Jackson as an emerging gun ruck whom they'll want to give time in the middle to as well.

Honestly think there's as many questions on Gawn as there are on the others, given his high price.
My theory is ....MELB will want to start season 2022 strongly to avoid a hangover .....Gawn IMO will lead that as Capt ....players like Oliver / Petracca "could" start sluggishly

I can see though mid-season Max having ruck time managed ......does that change his impact though

giphy-10-gif.1309844

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My theory is ....MELB will want to start season 2022 strongly to avoid a hangover .....Gawn IMO will lead that as Capt ....players like Oliver / Petracca "could" start sluggishly

I can see though mid-season Max having ruck time managed ......does that change his impact though
I agree (Also a Gawn fan);

Melbourne want to go back to back not be a one hit wonder, which is why i'm starting Clayton Oliver (sidenote i reckon wins the brownlow this year). Oliver apparently fit as ever and hungry. He's definitely making my round 1 side

I feel the same for Gawn, if Jackson is getting some increased ruck time it will help Max either sit down the line for +6's or sit deep forward where he can kick +12's. Either way Gawn's ceiling and floor is higher than the rest and plays 99% of games

Alright WaynesWorld19 and JDWCE, well I know when I'm beat, haha. Damn you again Leon Cameron - but at least you explained your BS cryptic plans before the season starts, rather than during.

Complete restructure, and makes a lot of my decisions for me. Too much doubt over Witts right now, so I'm going with a leaner Darcy to improve again and have a big year- but that could change come Round 1 if Witts is solidified in that number 1 ruck role/is fully fit.

Side now becomes
DEF: Hall, Lloyd, Whitfield, Sicily, Sinn, McDonagh

MID: Steele, Titch, Neale, Yeo, Rowell, JHF, N. Daicos, G. Clark

RUC: Grundy, Darcy

FWD: Duncan, Dunkley, Butters, Heeney, L. Henry, Hollands

Eight 190K rooks and 2K remaining

Last edited:
I’m coming around to ROB

2019- averaged 95 from 18 games. If you take out those first 4 games where he was finding his feet he averaged 101 from his last 14

2020- aveaged an adjusted 108

2021- was obviously pretty ordinary last year but was supposedly carrying an injury early in the year. But came back to average 95 from his last 10 games before he was put on ice

Priced at 86, I see anywhere from 10-20 point upside and potential to be top 3 ruck

I’m coming around to ROB

2019- averaged 95 from 18 games. If you take out those first 4 games where he was finding his feet he averaged 101 from his last 14

2021- was obviously pretty ordinary last year but was supposedly carrying an injury early in the year. But came back to average 95 from his last 10 games before he was put on ice

Priced at 86, I see anywhere from 10-20 point upside and potential to be top 3 ruck

Don’t do it, Gawn and Grundy

I’m coming around to ROB

Just had a look.

7 of 20 games he scored 73 or less, including 4 scores in the 50s or less (48). That's a third of the season.

A bit too much of a gamble for me.

Just had a look.

7 of 20 games he scored 73 or less, including 4 scores in the 50s or less (48). That's a third of the season.

A bit too much of a gamble for me.
Yep no doubt was an average season from him, but only 1 score under 78 in his last 10, he was hampered early on which could make him value based on the 2 seasons previous

R2 seems that it could be the most important position of the year!!

I'm definitely going Grundy and here are my thoughts on possible R2's!!

Gawn - I personally can't see him going higher than his current avg of 108. I think he will have some huge games but also some shockers, but the huge games are more likely to come from marks/goals rather than hitouts. Remember, with the MN, if someone holds their avg, they go down in price!!
Prediction - 105 from 23 games

Darcy - I just can't trust his body as yet but as they say "you have a bad injury history until you don't!" Probably the most likely to bite those that don't pick him but IMHO I think he is a 100avg 20 game a year guy.
Prediction - 102 from 19 games

ROB - A big wait and see. The other players seemed to burn him so much last year and as the team improves, do they choose to go through him or not? Averaged 29 HO's and 14.7 touches last year, so he needs to find 3-4 more touches a gaem to make him a good pick
Prediction - 92 from 23 games

Marshall - I think we all agree that if Ryder retires or gets injured, he will be a great pick. Hopefully he plays enough fwd to get DPP before this happens! If Ryder plays 15+ games, I don't think there is value there, and I think Ryder will. he also has a little bit of an injury history himself
Prediction - 95 from 21 games

Witts - A number of very good AF coaches have a rule not to pick players coming off ACL's, especially big guys. But if he plays I can't see him not going above his price of 68avg. The question is how much above his price will he need to go to make it a good pick? Has never averaged over about 45 in non HO scores and that is more likely to be around 35 coming of an ACL, so can he avg 40+ HO's to make him a good pick?
Prediction - 80 from 22 games

GWS Rucks - No point even commenting as even if Pruess gets the gig R1, one bad game could see Flynn or Briggs replace him!

Draper - Only averaged 33 from non HO's last year with only 2.4 marks and 1.8 tackles a game, so the question is, can he add another couple of marks and tackles a game to lift his scores. Showed in a final last year that he has a ceiling
Prediction - 80 from 21 games

So based on all that, I currently have Draper at R2 as I don't see the upside elsewhere and I'm happy to go with the guy who I think is the most likely to make me a few $$ before jumping on the next best after Grundy

R2 seems that it could be the most important position of the year!!

I'm definitely going Grundy and here are my thoughts on possible R2's!!

Gawn - I personally can't see him going higher than his current avg of 108. I think he will have some huge games but also some shockers, but the huge games are more likely to come from marks/goals rather than hitouts. Remember, with the MN, if someone holds their avg, they go down in price!!
Prediction - 105 from 23 games

Darcy - I just can't trust his body as yet but as they say "you have a bad injury history until you don't!" Probably the most likely to bite those that don't pick him but IMHO I think he is a 100avg 20 game a year guy.
Prediction - 102 from 19 games

ROB - A big wait and see. The other players seemed to burn him so much last year and as the team improves, do they choose to go through him or not? Averaged 29 HO's and 14.7 touches last year, so he needs to find 3-4 more touches a gaem to make him a good pick
Prediction - 92 from 23 games

Marshall - I think we all agree that if Ryder retires or gets injured, he will be a great pick. Hopefully he plays enough fwd to get DPP before this happens! If Ryder plays 15+ games, I don't think there is value there, and I think Ryder will. he also has a little bit of an injury history himself
Prediction - 95 from 21 games

Witts - A number of very good AF coaches have a rule not to pick players coming off ACL's, especially big guys. But if he plays I can't see him not going above his price of 68avg. The question is how much above his price will he need to go to make it a good pick? Has never averaged over about 45 in non HO scores and that is more likely to be around 35 coming of an ACL, so can he avg 40+ HO's to make him a good pick?
Prediction - 80 from 22 games

GWS Rucks - No point even commenting as even if Pruess gets the gig R1, one bad game could see Flynn or Briggs replace him!

Draper - Only averaged 33 from non HO's last year with only 2.4 marks and 1.8 tackles a game, so the question is, can he add another couple of marks and tackles a game to lift his scores. Showed in a final last year that he has a ceiling
Prediction - 80 from 21 games

So based on all that, I currently have Draper at R2 as I don't see the upside elsewhere and I'm happy to go with the guy who I think is the most likely to make me a few $$ before jumping on the next best after Grundy
I think if Ryder does go down then Marshall could be a 105 ruck. Has all the tools to be as good as the top rucks but I feel ROB is looking like a safe pick compared with a lot of the others as he doesn't seem to have any injury woes and we know there is slight upside with him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back