Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
I’m pushing Ivermectin? Where?

last page, still wont rule it out saying as being an effective treatment - despite only no credible science showing it is

last page, still wont rule it out saying as being an effective treatment - despite only no credible science showing it is

So saying its almost certainly useless is pushing it? If someone said to you, if you jump off the West Gate you will almost certainly die, would you do it? and would the person who said it have been encouraging you to do so?

So saying its almost certainly useless is pushing it? If someone said to you, if you jump off the West Gate you will almost certainly die, would you do it? and would the person who said it have been encouraging you to do so?

no, you just tell them not to jump full stop.

People don’t like that approach because they aren’t stupid, its this very approach that fuels conspiracy theories.
You may laugh, but telling people that something is absolute when it’s not is the very reason people lose trust and become disillusioned. Reducing Ivermectin to “horse dewormer’ is irresponsible, because when some people figure out that someone was awarded a Noble prize for discovering the efficacy of the drug against multiple parasitic diseases in humans they lose trust, start listening to loonies and conclude that there must be a conspiracy and its a miracle cure.

Please continue to be part of that problem.

Sorry I missed the question.
DHS seem patients to be clear ie no longer infective at day 7 post diagnosis (this is complicated if people hold off for many days to get tested)
In my hospital setting though they are only deemed not infectious if their symptoms have resolved as well; otherwise it is up to day 14 post diagnosis.
Being cleared ie no longer infectious is not the same as recovered. This was shown with the way numbers had been reported (50 in icu and another 50 cleared but still in icu)
I noticed the covid live had a bump up on vic icu between 5-6 Jan. I presume it’s more to highlight the total burden of care caused by covid.
Similarly I don’t think the hospitalised numbers include those admitted for covid but are no longer infectious yet still not well enough to discharge
I would be interested to see if hospital in the home count towards “hospitalised” number (because when you look at my hospital system the HITH admission looks similar to the in hospital admission). This would mean our “medical obstetrics in the home” Telehealth would count to hospital numbers.

Obviously I hope this is not the case as it dilutes the utility of the hospitalised numbers

Thanks for clearing that up mate.

Totally not a police state

Seems odd, and not sure it fits here but I’m not comfortable with that level of overreach if done randomly. It’s a while different level to the explosives residue tests.
This article would suggest its somewhat targeted rather than random, but you’d think at the very least they’d need to provide justification as to why you’re being targeted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good news is that most kids catch up pretty quickly after a setback.

The bad news is that if it's anything like the UK, they will blow hundreds of millions on private tutoring contractors to help kids through.

But it's the US. Likely they will do nothing and blame poor people.

The good news is that most kids catch up pretty quickly after a setback.

The bad news is that if it's anything like the UK, they will blow hundreds of millions on private tutoring contractors to help kids through.

But it's the US. Likely they will do nothing and blame poor people.
Schools need to go back at the scheduled date is my take away, nothing yet suggests any state is thinking otherwise, lets hope that remains the case.

Schools need to go back at the scheduled date is my take away, nothing yet suggests any state is thinking otherwise, lets hope that remains the case.
Queensland school start is set back by two weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back