Prediction Round 1 2022 Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats a good team, noice choice of Marshall at CHB.
How about Ross out for Highmore, more coverage down back could be the go, and there is a noticeable absence of the D🚆 (toot toot)
Been calling for that for 3 years. Just dont have the ruck depth at the moment. If heath or another is good enough to play ruck fwd. Then we could possibly entertain it.

Saints 22:
B: Paton, Wilkie, Highmore
HB: Hill, Howard, Sinclair
C: Clark, Steele, Hannebery
HF: Billings, Marshall, Higgins
F: Membrey, King, Butler
R: Ryder, Crouch, Gresham

Int: Jones, Byrnes, McKenzie, Bytel

Sandy 22:
B: Webster, Joyce, Allison
HB: Coffield, Battle, Connolly
C: Wanganeen-Milera, Ross, Owens
HF: Kent, Sharman, Long
F: Heath, Wood, Geary
R: Campbell, Windhager, Hayes

I really wanted to fit the GOAT Sharman in the starting 22 but couldn't find a spot.
That's a very exciting 2nd's team.
Realistically Hanners wont be there and Ryder will be part time, replased with Battle and Coffield. Billings on notice.
What we need is a team list of
Certain best 22 if fit
Possible and probables
In and outs
Depth
Developments
Are you volunteering?

Realistically Hanners wont be there and Ryder will be part time, replased with Battle and Coffield. Billings on notice.

Are you volunteering?

I doubt your mates Seb or Billings are getting pushed out of seniors unless they go really badly. Billings had a bad year but he's more solid B than a VFL player.

Are you volunteering?
Haha no
I find it too frustrating to do

I doubt your mates Seb or Billings are getting pushed out of seniors unless they go really badly. Billings had a bad year but he's more solid B than a VFL player.
I'm hoping there's a paradigm shift this year actually. Although there's an imperative for finals there's also too much talent in the 2's now for non performing seniors to simply own a spot.
I know people say the same every year but it's been a long time since we had a solid group actually pushing for selection.

I fully expect those boys will play round 1 but as their contract negotiations showed, the easy ride is over now.

Saints 22:
B: Paton, Wilkie, Highmore
HB: Hill, Howard, Sinclair
C: Clark, Steele, Hannebery
HF: Billings, Marshall, Higgins
F: Membrey, King, Butler
R: Ryder, Crouch, Gresham

Int: Jones, Byrnes, McKenzie, Bytel

Sandy 22:
B: Webster, Joyce, Allison
HB: Coffield, Battle, Connolly
C: Wanganeen-Milera, Ross, Owens
HF: Kent, Sharman, Long
F: Heath, Wood, Geary
R: Campbell, Windhager, Hayes

I really wanted to fit the GOAT Sharman in the starting 22 but couldn't find a spot.
We've got Oscar Adams in the VFL too.

Probably makes us a bit too tall down back if both of Battle and Joyce arent getting a game in the ones though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I honestly hate hill at HBF. He doesn't defend, and bites of too many kicks that aren't there which result in turnovers. Yes his numbers were better once he moved there, but it's well known that it's the easiest place on the ground to find the footy, especially if the directive is to feed him the ball. We're not going to drop him, because he's on too much coin, and he has too much talent but I'd sooner but his poor form on the wing may limit our ability to select our best defensive unit.

I honestly hate hill at HBF. He doesn't defend, and bites of too many kicks that aren't there which result in turnovers. Yes his numbers were better once he moved there, but it's well known that it's the easiest place on the ground to find the footy, especially if the directive is to feed him the ball. We're not going to drop him, because he's on too much coin, and he has too much talent but I'd sooner but his poor form on the wing may limit our ability to select our best defensive unit.

I rate him off half back, he provides run and carry. what you're saying isn't wrong but he's definitely playing well there. Sincs and him provide a pair of good rebound running options that mean we have one quality line that we don't need to worry about. Our defence looks like it could use one more tall option for sides that play 2 tall KPs or a resting ruck but defence is starting to take shape. Clarke, Coffield, Highmore and Webster are the ones that need to be decided on where to play them longer term.

To me our midfield is the only area of the ground where there are a few serious issues unless players make a jump.

Unconvinced Geary will play much next year. Don't think Highmore is big enough for CHB and would rather the run and disposal of Coff and Sinclair. Hopefully Clark transitions to inside mid but failing that he needs to be somewhere his creativity can be effective. 3 tall fwd line with Marshall main ruck and Ryder playing some games off the bench is how I envision our tall setup. Really don't think there's any reason to think Roma will play anywhere but KPF or ruck. Genuinely difficult to pick bench spots now with a few players that could be options instead.

B: Webster - Howard - Wilkie

HB: Sinclair - Battle - Coffield

C: Hill - Steele - Clark

HF: Sharman - Membrey - Billings

F: Gresham - King - Higgins

R: Marshall - Crouch - Jones

I/C: Ryder - Butler - Paton - Bytel

Unconvinced Geary will play much next year. Don't think Highmore is big enough for CHB and would rather the run and disposal of Coff and Sinclair. Hopefully Clark transitions to inside mid but failing that he needs to be somewhere his creativity can be effective. 3 tall fwd line with Marshall main ruck and Ryder playing some games off the bench is how I envision our tall setup. Really don't think there's any reason to think Roma will play anywhere but KPF or ruck. Genuinely difficult to pick bench spots now with a few players that could be options instead.

Is it beyond Paton to get a run in the midfield?
I reckon I read some where here that he played mid field time in his junior football career.

That will be one exciting forward line to watch even without Butler

Is it beyond Paton to get a run in the midfield?
I reckon I read some where here that he played mid field time in his junior football career.
He played his first under 18 year as a forward, his second as a mid, then his overage year in defence. I'd like to think he has the tools to be more than just a defender.

B: Webster. Howard. Wilkie.
HB: Coffield. Battle. Sinclair.
C: Hill. Jones. Hannebery.
HF: Billings. Membrey. Higgins.
F: Butler. King. Marshall.
FOLL: Ryder. Steele. Crouch.
INT: Gresham. Clark. Bytel. McKenzie.
Everyone fit, it's hard to argue with this.
Battle in for Highmore is the one - but we've got give Josh a fair crack at it.
Other than that, it's the last 2 bench spots and the lack of a GOAT.
Bytel needs to make it, and DMac earned a decent crack at it too.
Anyway, if we get this team out there we should be in the game week in, week out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back