Play Nice Random Chat Thread VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s funny. No one I know personally really wants to know about the case and the potential people involved. It’s like it’s too much.

I’ve stopped bringing it up because people don’t want to think about it. Apathy is why they’ll all get away with it.
Its more than apathy.

Its like identity politics, the covid stuff. Or any serious conspiracy that actually happened.

People don't want to believe the worst of people in power. (Even tho they are often the worst of people.)

I used to have this thing with people who 9/11 was a deliberate conspiracy from the get go. Not just LIHOP (let it happen on purpose) but MIHOP (Made it happen on purpose.)

Like - if the US government deliberately arranged the destruction of the twin towers where does that leave you?

What authority is left to take action? Why would you trust it? If this is true you are morally bound to destroy the US government. (Its mostly Americans believe that stuff.) What do you do? Join a militia and blow up government buildings? And its not as if there aren't examples of the US government acting in a very questionable manner. But if 9/11 was all an inside job then the inside is by defionition insanely corrupt. FUBAR. Most people who belive that stuff believe in something good about their country so the cognitive dissonance just leaves them unable to process where that leaves them.

Their belief system allows them to believe that the US government deliberately killed over 3000 people (but it could have been 10 time more, who knows how many could have died if it was as bad as it could possibly have been,) but they still live in the US and go to work every day without secretly trying to bring the whole thing down. They don't or can't really believe it or are so compromised by consumerism that they don't really care.

(Just for the record - I don't believe MIHOP is remotely credible. LIHOP os more plausible but so is general incompetence - it was Bush running the show, like Morrison with every crisis here - or some combination of those two... but I really don't know, Just so we're clear where I stand. Even more importantly I don't really care. Its everything that happened afterward that mattered and that people should be focusing on.)

Do you see what i'm getting at here?

Catholic Church, every major religious institution, countless other institutions, in English Private Schools the abuse is a running joke, if you listen to the news carefully every year sleazebags and degenerates in power get busted and get a minor punishment compared to well the rest of us. or get away with it. The whole QAnon thing might be bullshit but only cos they've changed the names and dates to protect the guilty.

Not only does it seem like most people in power are child abusers, it seems like that's always been the way it is and may even be that power selects for those types because child abuse is by definition a gratuitous use of power, like a boot stamping on a human face forever. The sort of mind that can take and hold power will be attracted to that even in a society where the bloodshed over power is sublimated to elections.

If you've got (and want to keep) a normal life and a job and a mortgage and you want to bring your kids up to believe in society and that we're the best of humans not enabling the worst then you can't seriously face the implications of all that and continue with your old illusions.

Where does that leave us?

If you've bought into the idea of society and progress and that we're progressive and a good society this stuff is a real challenge.

It sems to be an institutionalised problem and demands action that will make our lives uncomfortable, possibly put them at risk. Or we could ignore it. Cos what can you really do about it?

Its not a good rabbit hole to go down.

Kangaroos techno

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2021
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Some of you may be aware that our son was born in September with a congenital heart condition. He spent a little time at home with us in October, but had been in the hospital for the last 69 days. I’m pleased to report that after 69 days and 4 surgeries, the doctors are happy with how his heart is working and he came home last night - as long as everything goes according to plan, he won’t need to go back into the hospital until he’s 4-5 years old. It was a long slog over birthdays, holidays and Christmas, but it was worth every second of pain and hardship to get him healthy.View attachment 1306538
All the best to you and your family. Great story!

Some of you may be aware that our son was born in September with a congenital heart condition. He spent a little time at home with us in October, but had been in the hospital for the last 69 days. I’m pleased to report that after 69 days and 4 surgeries, the doctors are happy with how his heart is working and he came home last night - as long as everything goes according to plan, he won’t need to go back into the hospital until he’s 4-5 years old. It was a long slog over birthdays, holidays and Christmas, but it was worth every second of pain and hardship to get him healthy.View attachment 1306538
Wonderful news. Hope things keep getting better.

And for the 5th time in 3 months this is on again!

20220111_203848.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes, this LNP government is genuinely one of the worst we've ever seen and have completely failed every time they've needed to show leadership and for the good of the country they need to go.

But, and i cannot stress this enough, * Federal Labor suck.

1641978333659.png

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yes, this LNP government is genuinely one of the worst we've ever seen and have completely failed every time they've needed to show leadership and for the good of the country they need to go.

But, and i cannot stress this enough, fu** Federal Labor suck.

View attachment 1309900

Despite all the posturing going on around the world regarding climate change, I think the general consensus amongst those in power is to just to put it into top gear and drive it off a cliff and the future be damned.

Despite all the posturing going on around the world regarding climate change, I think the general consensus amongst those in power is to just to put it into top gear and drive it off a cliff and the future be damned.

But, and i cannot stress this enough, fu** Federal Labor suck.

View attachment 1309900
1AE4575B-3C23-4CD4-B6F3-1822BDCFA1FE.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back