Which team out of Adelaide, North and Hawthorn has the better youth?

Which team has the better youth?

• Adelaide

Votes: 315 28.3%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 335 30.1%
  • North

Votes: 462 41.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I rate him a lot higher then Jeka.

With that though, you won't see me or other North supporters professing him to be a future star, which cannot be said for Jeka amongst Hawks nuffs.
Jeka makes Comben look like a child in terms of talent and even production at VFL level.

Correct.

If you know anything about him, he slid massively in his draft year.

Emerson Jeka
Height/Weight: 196cm/90kg
Date of Birth: 18/9/01
Club: Vic Metro/Western Jets
Position: Key forward

One of the leading tall forward prospects in next year's pool. Jeka is a big and strongly-built goalkicker who is also a long and booming kick. He will need to work on elements of his game next year but has the size and stature, plus the talent, to be able to stand out as a marking option in attack.
" Emerson Jeka is one of the top forward prospects in next year's pool. "

On the Jeka v Comben 'debate':

Jeka has played 4 AFL games without doing a whole lot.
Comben has played 1 AFL game without doing a whole lot.

Jeka was a rookie pick, Comben was a 2nd rounder.

Jeka has been pretty dominant at VFL level
Comben has played 1 VFL game due to injuries these past 2 years.

Everything else is baseless conjecture and supporter bias. Perhaps we can park the back and forth until these players have played 20-50 games (assuming they do) instead of arguing back and forth with essentially no basis whatsoever?

Comben played more than 1 VFL game, I think he played two.

He kicked 4.3 in his first 25 minutes against Essendon VFL in his first game back.

He didn't slide though. He went where he was rated in his draft year as he was sh*t.
So he went where he was rated in his draft year is somehow different to “he slid in his draft year” is it? 😂

So he went where he was rated in his draft year is somehow different to “he slid in his draft year” is it? 😂
Yes it is. A player sliding implies that they were highly rated. He was s**t. He wasn't a top 5 prospect who miraculously slid to the rookie draft.

What’s with all these North supporters walking around with a chip on their shoulder? You bastards finished last for a reason. lol

Looking forward to Hawthorn beating North Melbourne in Round 1. Koschitzke to kick 5.

Yes it is. A player sliding implies that they were highly rated. He was sh*t. He wasn't a top 5 prospect who miraculously slid to the rookie draft.
So you’re telling me that the article from AFL.com outlining him as one of top prospects doesn’t exist?

So you’re telling me that the article from AFL.com outlining him as one of top prospects doesn’t exist?

Are you seriously planting your flag over an article after his bottom age year?

How did Alex Lukic go this year in the draft? He was probably the highest ranked tall prospect at the end of 2020 for 2021.

Are you seriously planting your flag over an article after his bottom age year?
I’m outlining the premise of what was actually written. That heading into his draft year he was one of the top prospects and that he "slid in his draft year”. If that triggers you lot, so be it, but it's simply fact no matter how hard you might choose to ignore it and pretend like he was never rated because he was taken as a rookie.

Here it is again.
"One of the leading tall forward prospects in next year's pool. Jeka is a big and strongly-built goalkicker who is also a long and booming kick. He will need to work on elements of his game next year but has the size and stature, plus the talent, to be able to stand out as a marking option in attack."

Now, to follow on from this, he's put his draft year behind him and has put together some really good form at Box Hill as a 19yr old - so the the idea that it's such a preposterous notion that he's got a higher ceiling than Kosi and Lewis who were both never projected as top prospects really should be laughed at - because it's cleae to anyone who watched him kick bags of goals that he's a real talent(who of course still has things to work on).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really relevant as it is from a previous year to his draft year. Just confirms that he had a poor draft year

I’m outlining the premise of what was actually written. That heading into his draft year he was one of the top prospects and that he "slid in his draft year”. If that triggers you lot, so be it, but it's simply fact no matter how hard you might choose to ignore it and pretend like he was never rated because he was taken as a rookie.

Here it is again.
"One of the leading tall forward prospects in next year's pool. Jeka is a big and strongly-built goalkicker who is also a long and booming kick. He will need to work on elements of his game next year but has the size and stature, plus the talent, to be able to stand out as a marking option in attack."

Now, to follow on from this, he's put his draft year behind him and has put together some really good form at Box Hill as a 19yr old - so the the idea that it's such a preposterous notion that he's got a higher ceiling than Kosi and Lewis who were both never projected as top prospects really should be laughed at - because it's cleae to anyone who watched him kick bags of goals that he's a real talent(who of course still has things to work on).
'slid in his draft year' haha. Having a poor draft year is not the same as sliding in the draft. I don't think anyone has said that he wasn't previously rated just that he had a poor draft year. Maybe you have a different interpretation of draft sliders than most. I'd say that most people consider someone sliding in the draft to mean someone expecting to be drafted in a certain round falling to the end of that round or into the next round or two. I don't think anybody expected Jeka to be a top 5 pick on draft night which is confirmed by his actual draft position. Examples of draft night sliders from the last draft include Matthew Johnson, Josh Goater and Tyler Sonsie. All were expected to be taken in the first round but all were taken in the second round.

Hopefully he reaches his potential and stays injury free as he is an exciting prospect. Anyway, we are way off topic so lets leave it there.

Yes it is. A player sliding implies that they were highly rated. He was sh*t. He wasn't a top 5 prospect who miraculously slid to the rookie draft.
He was a top rated selection in his year prior to his draft year. Injuries and bad form (likely due to injuries) led to him sliding.

'slid in his draft year' haha. Having a poor draft year is not the same as sliding in the draft. I don't think anyone has said that he wasn't previously rated just that he had a poor draft year.
I have never said he slid in the draft. I'm not sure how the context of the sentence I wrote is still lost, and how you are replacing the words "draft year" with something that I didn't ever write, but here we are.

Maybe you have a different interpretation of draft sliders than most. I'd say that most people consider someone sliding in the draft to mean someone expecting to be drafted in a certain round falling to the end of that round or into the next round or two.
This is the problem. I never said he slid in the draft, or that he slid on draft night

You're talking about something completely different to what I am.

I posted that he was a possible top 5 pick heading into his draft year as one of the standout talls and underage AA team member, that entering his draft year he was a top rated prospect who slid in his draft year.
That's a completely different thing to what you keep arguing with me about, about sliding on the night of the draft.

I don't think anybody expected Jeka to be a top 5 pick on draft night which is confirmed by his actual draft position. Examples of draft night sliders from the last draft include Matthew Johnson, Josh Goater and Tyler Sonsie. All were expected to be taken in the first round but all were taken in the second round.
Again, you're talking about draft night, and draft sliders who people had go early in mock drafts, that slid. Not what I ever said.

Hopefully he reaches his potential and stays injury free as he is an exciting prospect. Anyway, we are way off topic so lets leave it there.
He is an exciting prospect, because he has some talent and has been open about the disappointment of his top age year.
This argument only ever started up because pisicosi made out like any mention of him being a high potential forward for us was laughable.

I posted that he was a possible top 5 pick heading into his draft year as one of the standout talls and underage AA team member, that entering his draft year he was a top rated prospect who slid in his draft year.
That's a completely different thing to what you keep arguing with me about, about sliding on the night of the draft.

Oh god, how far back are we going next for you to keep clutching at straws?

He was an u/16 schoolboy AA. Like many kids. That award is as much about who you know at that point and means jack s**t.

He wasn't an underage u/18 AA in his bottom age year leading into his top age year in 2019, which is generally when you describe someone as "an underage AA"

He wasn't close to an AA in that year. In fact, he never averaged over a goal a game at NAB league level at any point.

Plenty of people in here actually follow junior football closely, you can't pull the wool over our eyes in this instance.

Jeka was hyped up leading into his top age up year even after what many thought was an underwhelming bottom age campaign given some of the hype from the u/16's feeder level, he was VERY average in the first few games of his top age year, was very fortunate to make the Acadamy IMO and then injured his knee in the Academy game. He then didn't fire a shot after he returned from injury (which I wont hold against him, but he was average leading into it). The fact he was hyped up as an athletic tall prospect and one of the ones to watch leaving the u/16's level and ended up as a rookie pick should tell you everything you need to know about his underage performances.

Last edited:
Oh god, how far back are we going next for you to keep clutching at straws?

He was an u/16 schoolboy AA. Like many kids. That award is as much about who you know at that point and means jack sh*t.

He wasn't an underage u/18 AA in his bottom age year leading into his top age year in 2019, which is generally when you describe someone as "an underage AA"

He wasn't close to an AA in that year. In fact, he never averaged over a goal a game at NAB league level at any point.

Plenty of people in here actually follow junior football closely, you can't pull the wool over our eyes in this instance.

Jeka was hyped up leading into his top age up year even after what many thought was an underwhelming bottom age campaign given some of the hype from the u/16's feeder level, he was VERY average in the first few games of his top age year, was very fortunate to make the Acadamy IMO and then injured his knee in the Academy game. He then didn't fire a shot after he returned from injury (which I wont hold against him, but he was average leading into it). The fact he was hyped up as an athletic tall prospect and one of the ones to watch leaving the u/16's level and ended up as a rookie pick should tell you everything you need to know about his underage performances.
“One of the leading tall forward prospects in next year's pool.”

Rally against it all if you want, we’ve argued about it for long enough, and have moved on.

Instead of wondering and arguing if he was ever really a top prospect like the AFL.com article suggests, maybe look at what he did in 2021 as a 19yr old rookie, and the vision and concede that he is.

Rally against it all if you want, we’ve argued about it for long enough, and have moved on.

Instead of wondering and arguing if he was ever really a top prospect like the AFL.com article suggests, maybe look at what he did in 2021 as a 19yr old rookie, and the vision and concede that he is.

Cute

Nick Larkey won a frosty in his second season.

What's your projected ceiling for Jeka, Kozi & Lewis?

Cute

Nick Larkey won a frosty in his second season.
Cute.

Jeka averaged more goals per game in 2021 than Larkey did in that all conquering frosty miller year. 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back