News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Not in the slightest. If he has entered the country illegally given the mistakes on his Visa application that is relevant. If he has lied in an affidavit that's jailable. It seems both have happened going by media reports. I'm not a tennis fan so don't give a stuff whether he stays or goes. But anyone else who lied in those ways (if that is true) would have their visa revoked so I think he is in trouble. The fact he doesn't deny doing a media interview and photo shoot knowing he was covid positive is disgusting and says a lot about the bloke. Now there are questions over whether or not he knew he was positive when he did the public appearance the day before with kids. I think he is in trouble.
He has entered the country legally. Has he lied on an affidavit?

His decision to do the photo shoot is bad, no doubt, but was it criminal? Plenty of s**t people travel to Australia. Doesn't mean you have the grounds to deport them.

His decision to do the photo shoot is bad, no doubt, but was it criminal? Plenty of sh*t people travel to Australia. Doesn't mean you have the grounds to deport them.
He has not entered legally as there is now proof he lied on his visa application - that is not defended, he has admitted that error. According to media reports dates on the affidavit provided to the court have now been proven to be wrong (I am assuming they are reporting correctly). As I said I don't care what happens to him in terms of stay or go, but right now I think he in strife.

Not in the slightest. If he has entered the country illegally given the mistakes on his Visa application that is relevant. If he has lied in an affidavit that's jailable. It seems both have happened going by media reports. I'm not a tennis fan so don't give a stuff whether he stays or goes. But anyone else who lied in those ways (if that is true) would have their visa revoked so I think he is in trouble. The fact he doesn't deny doing a media interview and photo shoot knowing he was covid positive is disgusting and says a lot about the bloke. Now there are questions over whether or not he knew he was positive when he did the public appearance the day before with kids. I think he is in trouble.
Its relevant insofar as poor character could be grounds for a ministerial veto.

I hear he may just leave of his own accord in the next 48 hours if the Gov is going to pursue the incorrect info on the affidavit. Its a very serious charge if the reports are correct. Might be a good deal for him to just go.

He has not entered legally as there is now proof he lied on his visa application - that is not defended, he has admitted that error. According to media reports dates on the affidavit provided to the court have now been proven to be wrong (I am assuming they are reporting correctly). As I said I don't care what happens to him in terms of stay or go, but right now I think he in strife.
How did he lie on his visa application? Because he spent Christmas outside of Spain? Do you think he should be deported for that omission?

Irregardless, he had a valid visa to travel to Australia. And he's here now. I'm backing Home Affairs will not want to touch this. It's just the media stirring the pot for giggles against the government

It's just the media stirring the pot for giggles against the government

Bollocks. If the government wasn't making a dead cat out of Novak then its media team wouldn't have been running overdrive on the story for the past week. It sells papers and gets 6pm viewers, but it was also serving a useful political purpose until it turned out that Border Force had ****ed up the due process. Now Alex Hawke is just putting out holding statements while they figure out how to get out of this mess.

In any case, I'm sure Novak will get by just fine one way or another. Snoop Dogg was the star attraction on one of the finest hiphop albums of all time (The Chronic) and a ministerial veto prevented him entering Australia on bad character grounds even though he's done more to cultivate our national language than Patrick White.

Bollocks. If the government wasn't making a dead cat out of Novak then its media team wouldn't have been running overdrive on the story for the past week. It sells papers and gets 6pm viewers, but it was also serving a useful political purpose until it turned out that Border Force had f’ed up the due process. Now Alex Hawke is just putting out holding statements while they figure out how to get out of this mess.

In any case, I'm sure Novak will get by just fine one way or another. Snoop Dogg was the star attraction on one of the finest hiphop albums of all time (The Chronic) and a ministerial veto prevented him entering Australia on bad character grounds even though he's done more to cultivate our national language than Patrick White.
That's what I mean. It started with the government, but since they ballsed it up, now it's just the media highlighting this shitty predicament the gov finds itself in.

How did he lie on his visa
Irregardless, he had a valid visa to travel to Australia. And he's here now. I'm backing Home Affairs will not want to touch this. It's just the media stirring the pot for giggles against the government
How did he lie on his visa application? Because he spent Christmas outside of Spain? Do you think he should be deported for that omission?

FFS, irregardless is not a word! It is covered by regardless. ******* savages!

Is he a threat to the Australian community?
Yes.

setting a precedent by ignoring incorrect migration entry procedure, ignoring community health safety standards, a public person that doesn’t isolate when knowingly positive for covid.

Isn’t that the definition of a threat to the community?

Yes.

setting a precedent by ignoring incorrect migration entry procedure, ignoring community health safety standards, a public person that doesn’t isolate when knowingly positive for covid.

If any of the stuff that occured prior to him coming over didn't occur, I'd probably say that the government needs to cop their stuff up and move on. But his error on the application is directly related to a breach of isolation protocol.

To me, he doesn't have much wriggle room and I'm unsure why people are in such a rush to defend him.

I'm no visa expert, but to me there's enough to consider sending him back.

I get his vaccination stance and others might endear him to others, but that shouldn't absolve him of responsibility.

Not everything needs to be sucked into a culture war. People still need to be held accountable when they stuff up, even if they have views that strongly align with our own.

Because the whole situation is more than about the date he thought he was positive.

There is a series of events that when linked together show to me a pattern of behaviour by Novak that tries to absolve him of any responsibility for his actions.
But does he hold a hose mate, that is the only question we need to know.

Question for the learned ones amongst us.

My wife and I are over 60 and have had double vax AZ with no problems. Why can't we get AZ as the booster? The local centres here all say Pfizer is all they offer. Having had no problems with AZ we are keen to stay with that - why is no clinic offering AZ as a booster option?

AZ hasn't been approved for use as a booster shot. Pfizer and Moderna are the only options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His decision to do the photo shoot is bad, no doubt, but was it criminal? Plenty of sh*t people travel to Australia. Doesn't mean you have the grounds to deport them.
Marcus Einfeld - Wikipedia

If we are willing to destroy this bloke for falsifying a legal document, why should Joker be exempt?

1642020939860.png

And that was over a simple speeding fine. Which shows that the system tends to take a very dim view on perjury before the courts. And having made the judge who heard his case look like an unwitting idiot will do his cause no good.

As noted in The Guardian, the deadline for his applying for a medical exemption from vaccination to compete at the Australian Open was 10 December . That expired six days before he got his positive test result on 16 December (he says he believes he caught Covid at a basketball game two days earlier).

Despite the 10 December deadline passing (when Djokovic did not have Covid and therefore he had no grounds for exemption), on 30 December iTennis Australia allowed him to play. They appear to have bet their own rules and all the while,
they were running ads featuring Djokovic, while Tilley was playing dumb on the situation, playing the public for fools.

If Djokovic had not tested positive, what was his plan for competing in Melbourne, considering he seemingly had entered the tournament prior to having any grounds for exemption?

As The Guardian notes, On the face of it, Djokovic appeared likely to sit out a tournament he has won a record nine times until he caught Covid on 16 December – which suddenly satisfied Tennis Australia and the Victorian authorities that he deserved a medical exemption. But would the world No 1 really have spurned the chance to win a men’s record-breaking 21st grand slam in Melbourne if he had not (conveniently) gotten ill?

Yes.

This is literally the same thing that happened at my mums workplace, this dickhead of a worker who works with my mum and he knowingly had Covid rocked up to work coughing sneezing and touching everyone.

then everyone on her counter starts dropping like flies including my mum and people from other brands!!

it’s sickening!! Like he was already very shifty but it’s like come on have some decency and stay the * home!!

How did he lie on his visa application?

He lied about having a valid exemption from vaccination.

This wasn't considered at all by the court. The visa cancellation was quashed on procedural fairness grounds only.
See comments from lawyer Maria Jockel in this article https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-13/djokovic-visa-australian-open-draw-legal-challenge/100753270

Also making a false declaration on his entry paperwork is grounds to cancel a visa.

He's a lying campaigner who never had any intention of complying within vaccination protocols in Australia or at home - he's been trying to game the system to get what he wants and he's been found out.

I have a feeling that the lying scum will be sent packing. The icing on the cake would be for him to be arrested on his return to Serbia for breaching their covid protocols.

This is literally the same thing that happened at my mums workplace, this dickhead of a worker who works with my mum and he knowingly had Covid rocked up to work coughing sneezing and touching everyone.

then everyone on her counter starts dropping like flies including my mum and people from other brands!!

it’s sickening!! Like he was already very shifty but it’s like come on have some decency and stay the fu** home!!
That's why knowingly infecting people should be a criminal offence.

This is all so ludicrous that it’s got me thinking that it will only end in Novak coming back from two sets down in the final against Kyrgios. Nick loses his temper, smashes and throws his racket, piercing Novak’s heart in the process. Thus, we have our Franz Ferdinand moment for WW3. The Serbians have form here. 🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The visa cancellation was quashed on procedural fairness grounds only

I think I will watch the re-runs of Border Security as it is likely that on at least once case per episode the old lady attempting to import her Chinese sausage or the sweaty middle aged bloke who seems to have suddenly forgotten how to speak English under the duress of Grant Bowler's incessantly repeated voice-over commentary might have a case for appeal on procedural matters

This is all so ludicrous that it’s got me thinking that it will only end in Novak coming back from two sets down in the final against Kyrgios. Nick loses his temper, smashes and throws his racket, piercing Novak’s heart in the process. Thus, we have our Franz Ferdinand moment for WW3. The Serbians have form here. 🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Too good to ignore...

He lied about having a valid exemption from vaccination.

This wasn't considered at all by the court. The visa cancellation was quashed on procedural fairness grounds only.
See comments from lawyer Maria Jockel in this article https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-13/djokovic-visa-australian-open-draw-legal-challenge/100753270

Also making a false declaration on his entry paperwork is grounds to cancel a visa.

He's a lying campaigner who never had any intention of complying within vaccination protocols in Australia or at home - he's been trying to game the system to get what he wants and he's been found out.

I have a feeling that the lying scum will be sent packing. The icing on the cake would be for him to be arrested on his return to Serbia for breaching their covid protocols.
Their president is not a happy camper at all. She went in to bat for him, only to be made to look like a fool on the international stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back