News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Their president is not a happy camper at all. She went in to bat for him, only to be made to look like a fool on the international stage.
The president went hard.

The PM seems more reasonable and she sounds quite shitty now that she's found out that Spartacus has been telling a heap of porkies.

AZ hasn't been approved for use as a booster shot. Pfizer and Moderna are the only options.

"You can also receive the Vaxzevria (AstraZeneca) vaccine if you:
  • can’t have the Pfizer vaccine for medical reasons
  • had 2 doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine previously."

My chemist still has AZ and accepts bookings for AZ booster.

It is also worth noting, these are recommendations from the ATAGI, it has nothing to do with approval or disapproval. AZ has been approved as a vaccine so you can boost with whatever you like.

As always, get medical advice from your doctor, not BigFooty.

Last edited:
I’m confused.

at work, my coworker tested positive who I worked with on the same counter for a couple of days and I was a close contact but we didn’t have to isolate.

now because my mum has it I’m so confused?? The lady said the close contacts have to isolate?? But it’s like contradicting??

I’m confused.

at work, my coworker tested positive who I worked with on the same counter for a couple of days and I was a close contact but we didn’t have to isolate.

now because my mum has it I’m so confused?? The lady said the close contacts have to isolate?? But it’s like contradicting??

Probably shutting the gate after the horse has bolted but shouldn't those links (Each States Health Advise) be stickied to the top of this?

Probably shutting the gate after the horse has bolted but shouldn't those links (Each States Health Advise) be stickied to the top of this?
You tell ‘em

I’m confused.

If you live with someone and share the home for more than a 4 hour period, you are a close contact and need to isolate unless you are under the newly released classifications for critical workers in which case you RAT every day for work, if you test positive then iso for 7 days.

Just heard on the news here that 1 in 30 Aussies has covid. Man that's happened fast !
Yeah, it has.

Anecdotally, prior to Christmas I would have known maybe, 2-3 people in Australia who had caught Covid. I knew of more based in Europe who had caught it than here. Since Christmas I know of a heap of people who have caught it, across many different social and work circles. Its just exploded.

Further to this the feedback from those who have had it varies from relatively mild symptoms overall, with maybe a day where they felt reasonably sick, to bed ridden for days and the sickest they have ever felt. I don't know anyone who has been to hospital for it yet.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it has.

Anecdotally, prior to Christmas I would have known maybe, 2-3 people in Australia who had caught Covid. I knew of more based in Europe who had caught it than here. Since Christmas I know of a heap of people who have caught it, across many different social and work circles. Its just exploded.

Further to this the feedback from those who have had it varies from relatively mild symptoms overall, with maybe a day where they felt reasonably sick, to bed ridden for days and the sickest they have ever felt.

We're just waiting here in NZ.
Its like that feeling you get when you're waiting to go out to bat next and the opposition quick has just hit the last 2 guys on the helmet.

rather get it over and done with !

Yeah, it has.

Further to this the feedback from those who have had it varies from relatively mild symptoms overall, with maybe a day where they felt reasonably sick, to bed ridden for days and the sickest they have ever felt.
Same here - its everywhere now.

so funny that your only two bookmarks are bigfooty and this thread.
I don't get it .
How many other bookmarks should be open ?
I was on the corona thread and read kiwiroo's post and i thought i would give it some context with an actual graph at how much omicron has exploded.
What's so funny about that ?

so funny that your only two bookmarks are bigfooty and this thread.
It can be quite humerous to see what tabs some people have when they share their screens on Teams at work. You do get the occasional blooper. Best I ever saw was when one of my mates did a presentation on a theatre screen in a work "town hall" meeting with an audience of maybe 500 people plus a lot of big knobs. An email pop-up came up on his screen while he was talking so he didn't notice... It went something like "hey campaigner - wanna catch up for some beers tonight?"

The theatrette audience cracked up and for a few seconds he didn't have a dam clue what everybody was laughing at.

All the same, that language was used every day in meetings and general corridor talk so not too many were phased by it.

It can be quite humerous to see what tabs some people have when they share their screens on Teams at work. You do get the occasional blooper. Best I ever saw was when one of my mates did a presentation on a theatre screen in a work "town hall" meeting with an audience of maybe 500 people plus a lot of big knobs. An email pop-up came up on his screen while he was talking so he didn't notice... It went something like "hey campaigner - wanna catch up for some beers tonight?"

The theatrette audience cracked up and for a few seconds he didn't have a dam clue what everybody was laughing at.

All the same, that language was used every day in meetings and general corridor talk so not too many were phased by it.
Something similar with a new client and something popped up (Very NSFW - a Zondor Special) during a presentation... safe to say it became a running joke when (internally) we refereed to that client

And I’m a close contact, brother in same household, so I likely have COVID. I’m thankfully double vaxxed, but my brother is a long term anti-vaxxer, so he’s going to feel it.

Mu understanding is that AZ hasn’t been proven to be up to muster as a booster. I was in the same boat as you GK (66 & double AZ). I had the Pfizer booster on Boxing Day at a pharmacy. Luckily, I encountered zero side effects.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Has it been tested?

And I’m a close contact, brother in same household, so I likely have COVID. I’m thankfully double vaxxed, but my brother is a long term anti-vaxxer, so he’s going to feel it.
Good luck, hopefully its omnicon and he doesn't get very sick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back