Past #3: Jed Anderson - delisted end '22 - 89 NMFC games - go well Jed

harper2bastinac

Team Captain
Dec 28, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
juventus
Please no one post this liar on a north post again, the hate for him is up there with the hate for essendon.
First point, he’s been a vocal antivaxxer long before the pandemic.

Second point, Novak has already admitted to attending those photo ops knowing he was covid positive.

So Jed eh?

Leave the Novak talk for the relevant thread.

I love Jed and agree with those saying his importance should not be underestimated, particularly with our Indigenous players.

Fingers and testicles crossed that he gets his second jab without an issue and subsequently returns to Hardon St to assist with our rise.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So Jed eh?

Leave the Novak talk for the relevant thread.

I love Jed and agree with those saying his importance should not be underestimated, particularly with our Indigenous players.

Fingers and testicles crossed that he gets his second jab without an issue and subsequently returns to Hardon St to assist with our rise.
Maybe he’s just having too much fun catchin Barra?

Oh FFS, a lot going on with Pfizer? Like what? All the bullshit self reported tripe in VEARS? Turn it up.
You were wrong about all that s**t and yet you're still defending a bunch of campaigners that put profit before health. LOL.

Breaks down Covid side effects rate by vaccine via survey response.

Pfizer
Doctor or emergency visit post 1st dose: Less than 1 in 100 (from 2,038,492 respondents)
Doctor or emergency visit post 2nd dose: Just over 1 in 100 (from 1,848,010 respondents)
Doctor or emergency visit post booster: Just over 1 in 100 (from 192,520 respondents)

AZ
Doctor or emergency visit post 1st dose: Just over 1 in 100 (from 513,488 respondents)
Doctor or emergency visit post 2nd dose: Less than 1 in 100 (from 457,733 respondents)

Moderna
Doctor or emergency visit post 1st dose: Just over 1 in 100 (from 19,327 respondents)
Doctor or emergency visit post 2nd dose: Just over 3 in 100 (from 16,201 respondents)

Also breaks it down for adolescents, ATSI peeps, pregnant women and cancer/transplant patients. Really not much variance across all cohorts.

Is that really saying that about 1 in 100 people see a doctor or go to emergency because they are worried about side effects from a vaccine?

I hope most of them are just spinning out.

Are you taking the piss? He entered Australia under the proviso that he contracted covid and beat it, the day after he tested positive he was out padding his ego with fan engagement shots, maskless of course.

Don’t know what it is about tennis players but they have to be up there with the most self entitled tosser sportsmen on the planet.
I know these european, anti-authoritarian, full on anarchist types who are staunchly anti vaxxers, anti capitalist, anti rich campaigners behaving like entitled *s and all the rest of it and now Nojo is their hero and a champion of human freedom.

People are morons.

I'm working on the pretty reasonable assumption that its pure conjecture by you that he endured some type of heart inflammation from whatever Covid vaccine he took. I'll be happy for you to demonstrate otherwise to me, but I'm guessing you can't.

If he had a serious health issue in response to the first shot, and the AFL has ignored his pleas for an exemption, I'll be the first to jump up and say this is a f’ed situation.

I'm not sure what possible response Jed could have to the first shot that's so serious that it would prevent him from taking the second shot, but not so serious that it hasn't gotten in the way of him resuming training on schedule. And I can't work out why he would have waited until mid-December to get his first shot when his career depended on him doing the full course or getting an exemption.

Having said all that, it's his body, his life, his decision, and I think its important that he gets to decide whether he takes the second shot AND that the everyone who's employed by the AFL can benefit from a sensible policy to ensure universal vaccination across its workforce as far as medically possible.
The situation in the NT is such that up until last week if you weren't double vaccinated after 2 weeks you were locked out of everything except vaccination shots and hospital wasn't it? If so and Jed had to sort out documentation with a doctor, or do anything that required he leave his house he'll only have been able to do it very recently.

That said there does seem to be alot of intolerence for exemptions and stuff. You can see from the attitudes of people in this thread and the COVID one why. There was an adamant propaganda campaign that these vaccinations were "perfectly safe" even tho we all had to hang around for 15 minutes afterward on the off chance we die of anaphylaxis. That is literally the definition of double think - holding two contradictory ideas in your head at the same time.

You can't argue with that. Its managed by the same parts of peoples' brains that are responsible for religious belief, baseless conspiracy theories etc.

At the same time there are constant stories (similar to ones that all of us, including me, wrote off 6 months ago) that don't go away about vaccine injuries and now data is coming out from vaccinated population via things like health insurance company stats showing the rates of injuries and serious side effects were way higher than authorities and the drug companies claimed.

So even if you just had a serious case of vaccination blues that wasn't related to a serious long term side effect, you just felt like s**t for a few daysm- I can understand why you'd be a bit leery of the next shot (the one that causes people the most problems btw) especially if you're from an NT indigenous community, ie somewhere the overall trust in the state and western food/medicine is very low and with good reason.

I hope it gets sorted out and that if he hasn't had a proper bad reaction he gets his next shot and is back with us asap.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You were wrong about all that sh*t and yet you're still defending a bunch of campaigners that put profit before health. LOL.

Is that really saying that about 1 in 100 people see a doctor or go to emergency because they are worried about side effects from a vaccine?

I hope most of them are just spinning out.
Where was I wrong? The myocarditis in young boys? I wasnt wrong. So, are you using VEARS data? 😂 if I had a problem with vaccines i’d enter falsified s**t too. As the data is reviewed its being dismissed.

Also, ive always believed Pfizer are grubs, they should be giving vaccines out for free to countriesthat cannot afford them. Im not wrong on this one

the chances of myocarditis is at higher risk with the actual virus than the vaccine. Plus many many other long term health impacts with Covid. But cool, keep pushing false red pilled kook misinformation

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How many drug companies were funded to come up with a vaccine? 20+? How many got a safe vaccine out? 4? Keep pushing misinformation.

I do not blame the indigenous first peoples to be hesitant. To be cautious of all this. Look at how they’ve been *in treated since we stole their land? It makes sense HOWEVER. Jed would have been jabbed with all sorts of s**t with his Ankle recoveries and around some of the best sports doctors and scientists going round.

This is where your point trips up Ferb. Looking in isolation at only when we've played GC is selective & doesn't paint a full picture.

However if you want to look at purely when we've played them, re-watch last years game in Tassie where HG nearly won them the game himself.

Looking at their career stats, they're similar in a lot of areas - Disposals, Marks, Goals, Assists, One Percenters.

Where the difference lies is in important statistics related to the position they play of "Inside Bull" - Tackles, Clearances & Contested Possessions. Lets also note, that Hugh is 12cm taller & 13kg heavier then Jed - Important in that role.

View attachment 1309448
View attachment 1309449

It's not taking anything away from Jed, who is a solid player, however Greenwood is an upgrade IMO.
Maybe ... I've been thinking about this comment, I read it as I was going off to do stuff yesterday.

I think what we really need is both of them playing in the midfield or around contests at the ball. Especially with Cunners away. Until one other young guy steps up and plays that sort game. (JHF could actually be doing it by the end of this season as he was doing it against mature bodies last year. He's taller than Jed and probably as solid.)

The one thing jed does that doesn't seem to appear in stats is how brutally he hits people around the contest. Not even tackles - just hard body checks that drill people. I don't know how well Greenwood does that if at all.

I don't watch enough other sides to really know but the only players I think are physically intimidating to the rest of the comp are Dusty, jed, Cunners and JZ was a couple of years ago too. The only times I've seen players check and hold back from even going to tackle a player was against those four. Plenty of players short step contests in the seniors but that seems less of a result of player intimidation more knowing they will get hurt regardless.

Hodge had that presence onfield.

Where was I wrong? The myocarditis in young boys? I wasnt wrong. So, are you using VEARS data? 😂 if I had a problem with vaccines i’d enter falsified sh*t too. As the data is reviewed its being dismissed.

Also, ive always believed Pfizer are grubs, they should be giving vaccines out for free to countriesthat cannot afford them. Im not wrong on this one

the chances of myocarditis is at higher risk with the actual virus than the vaccine. Plus many many other long term health impacts with Covid. But cool, keep pushing false red pilled kook misinformation
In the UK they compared vaccinated young men to young men (<40) with covid and myocarditis was higher with both mRNA vaccines, especially the Moderna one, (it was about 5 times higher risk iirc.) The risk with Pfizer was slightly greater, they looked very similar on a graph but the Moderna risk was noticible and obvious.

This is actual data based on people who were vaccinated and compared to people with covid anbd published in reputable journals. I posted a link among the many links to studies I've posted in the last month if you want proof.

Anyway your bolded statement might be true for some people (me for example,) but its not for everyone. Specifically its not true for people in Novax and Jed's demographic.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
ok.

“While yet to be peer-reviewed, it indicates that myocarditis occurs at a rate of 87.6 cases per 100,000 COVID-positive males aged 12–17 (Wilson score interval 402–1911cases per 100,000).

The latest Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) COVID-19 vaccine weekly safety report shows myocarditis is occurring at a rate of 10.6 cases per 100,000 second doses in males aged 12–17

the rate was only 8.5 cases per 100,000 second doses, while the overall second dose risk has also grown slightly.”

It is also ******* completely treatable. If you are getting it from a vaccine you’ll probably suffer more by being infected by covid.

Stop the spread of Misinformation.

These figures is what I posted in that misinformation sewer of a covid thread. So how the * am I wrong?

Ive never stated Pfizer are a god like company. * sake

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In the UK they compared vaccinated young men to young men (<40) with covid and myocarditis was higher with both mRNA vaccines, especially the Moderna one, (it was about 5 times higher risk iirc.) The risk with Pfizer was slightly greater, they looked very similar on a graph but the Moderna risk was noticible and obvious.

This is actual data based on people who were vaccinated and compared to people with covid anbd published in reputable journals. I posted a link among the many links to studies I've posted in the last month if you want proof.

Anyway your bolded statement might be true for some people (me for example,) but its not for everyone. Specifically its not true for people in Novax and Jed's demographic.
Its ******* treatable and often isnt a life threatening condition. A lot of the time it goes away. Its a strawman at best. Red herring.

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I know these european, anti-authoritarian, full on anarchist types who are staunchly anti vaxxers, anti capitalist, anti rich campaigners behaving like entitled fu**s and all the rest of it and now Nojo is their hero and a champion of human freedom.

People are morons.

I sort of don’t give a toss about people and their political ideas, having friends on both sides of the fence. They will all be who they will be.

Your comment made me realize something though, and that’s all my anti-vax mates are both in privileged positions and generally quite wealthy. I guess they don’t fit this view somehow.

I hadn’t realized it previously, as I spend almost no time thinking about it, what I realized though is my anti-vax mates have easy lives and earning a crust is the least of their problems.

Anyway, getting back to things I do think about, the Jed story is interesting. Would love to know how bad his reaction was, I know for me I had to ride the vomit train for a few days on the 2nd dose, not enough for an exemption but a crap result.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I sort of don’t give a toss about people and their political ideas, having friends on both sides of the fence. They will all be who they will be.

Your comment made me realize something though, and that’s all my anti-vax mates are both in privileged positions and generally quite wealthy. I guess they don’t fit this view somehow.

I hadn’t realized it previously, as I spend almost no time thinking about it, what I realized though is my anti-vax mates have easy lives and earning a crust is the least of their problems.

Anyway, getting back to things I do think about, the Jed story is interesting. Would love to know how bad his reaction was, I know for me I had to ride the vomit train for a few days on the 2nd dose, not enough for an exemption but a crap result.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The only real difference between me and those people I mentioned is I'm not anti vaccination. I find it pretty funny that people with those ideas stick up for or look up to Jokavich for any reason.

Funny what you say tho. I've noticed its privileged people or people who come from backgrounds with distrust of authorities, especially medical authorities.

Jed would be privy to all the local blackfella gossip. He'd hear every case of someone who was crook after their shot and we all know what gossip is like. Its would be purple monkey dish vaccine....

Back