Ashes 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Smiths biggest issue is himself…he is now so rapt up in his mannerisms and eccentricities that he has actually forgotten how to play his best game. Concentrating on all the other bullshit is affecting his batting…how does anyone have energy to sustain all that for the long term

Same is and will happen to the other bloke
Yeah, he's only averaged 50 since being hit by Jofra Archer.

Which still makes him one of the best batters in the world.

Most test keepers have a rocky start it's tough. I think it's better to back the man in for a couple of series. There is not anyone knocking the door down.
I'd rather not chop and charge with keepers.
Agree we should give him a few more tests to see if he can settle into the role, but I also think that Inglis was the better option and Carey was only picked because he's been next in line for so long.

Yeah, he's only averaged 50 since being hit by Jofra Archer.

Which still makes him one of the best batters in the world.
39 .20 1 hundred 13 tests.

He's a great player but he's not close to what he was before, right now Batting got harder generally and his record was just phenomenal before,

He's 27th in averages since then (qualification 500 runs) 4th for Australia.

Last edited:
He got hit by Archer in the 2nd test of the '19 Ashes. You're leaving out the 4th and 5th test of that series that he played after that.

my bad 49.16 But regardless the marker is not that important,

Last 13 tests analysis holds up rather than when hit by archer, the point remains. His record since mid Sept 2019 been goodish rather than Great.

Smiths just starting to lose his reflexes and the way he walks across his stumps he was always going to have a form slump late in his career, he'll end with a average of about 50.

His problem is spacial awareness with his slips cordon. Can be remedied and needs to be. At the moment Carey seems a touch reluctant, thus the no attempts and spills, so move Dave Warner a touch wider as the SAussie is an habitual diver. He usually does it brilliantly too.. only have to look at his leg side snaffles and stops.

Head in for Harris seems to be happening.
Starc for Richardson should be seriously considered.
If not would be harsh on Boland, but Richardson under lights with pink ball probably ahead in pecking order.
Sounds like Boland is a good chance to miss with injury/soreness anyway. Reckon they’ll play Starc for the pink ball. Was strange not to rest him in Sydney really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No surprise Starc has come out saying he has to play, yeah this is why Australia lost yo India last year because the fast bowlers want to play every game and don’t want to be rested

Past generations McGrath, Gilespie, Lee and those before them done it easy but this lot definitely struggle.

I seen a stat for Starc the other day, first couple Tests he averages mid 20s then 3rd it goes to around 30 odd then 4th is higher again then the 5th Test is close to 60.

"Usman Khawaja's irresistible form has seen him hold his place for the Vodafone Ashes finale in Hobart but his promotion up the order has come at the expense of opener Marcus Harris.

Pat Cummins today confirmed Travis Head would reclaim the No.5 position he was forced to vacate for the Sydney Test after contracting COVID-19 and being forced into isolation in Melbourne following Australia's series victory."

Hopefully it’s out: Harris, Starc, Boland in: Head, Richo, Neser

Rest Starc and Boland if they’re under a cloud, we’ve got the cattle to replace them

The biggest fear will be if Neser of Richo come out and do a Boland 6/7 and give our selectors a few more headaches.lol.A nice problem to have though and agree with your changes.

"Usman Khawaja's irresistible form has seen him hold his place for the Vodafone Ashes finale in Hobart but his promotion up the order has come at the expense of opener Marcus Harris.

Pat Cummins today confirmed Travis Head would reclaim the No.5 position he was forced to vacate for the Sydney Test after contracting COVID-19 and being forced into isolation in Melbourne following Australia's series victory."

Who ever the selectors pick lets hope "all" BF posters" support the 11 players" whether they agree or disagree whether they should be in the 11 and refrain from the negative personal posts during the match.

Who ever the selectors pick lets hope "all" BF posters" support the 11 players" whether they agree or disagree whether they should be in the 11 and refrain from the negative personal posts during the match.

Hey I don’t have a problem with the team now the biggest problem is out of the side!

Hey I don’t have a problem with the team now the biggest problem is out of the side!

I am sure you will find some one else during the test,I reckon it will be Carey knowing your thoughts on him as a player.Khawaja twin failures as a opener,next move? Personally I would take to Pakistan but still have reservations about him being a opener these days.Time will tell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back