List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the WCE game the other day and I thought Jack's pressure work in the forward line that night was outstanding.

I am hoping he is a small forward who can also have a run on the ball.

I agree, he is intriguing. I am curious to see what sort of a player he will turn into, with 50 games under his belt and a couple of more pre seasons.

At the moment, I just think he can go missing for long parts of the game. But that may be improved, with more experience and fitness.

I would definitely persist with.
yeah I'd suggest most small forwards would go missing for large parts of a game if playing for the wooden spooners! I reckon the fact his selection was never really in doubt at any stage in 2021 as a young players speaks volumes about where the coaching staff see him, and the role he played probably doesn't do him justice in terms of displaying his skill and ability to the average viewing public. I think that points to him being a lot more than a 1 trick pony, was given a role and played it very well, and can see his role and responsibility expanding in 2022 and beyond!

9. LDU

It has been a slow burn but given the difficult family circumstances this is understandable. He provides the fast footwork & exploding out of the front of stoppages mix in our midfield. The addition of Hugh G will help as it is another experienced head feeding it out to him. Will continue to rotate through the forward line so needs to better nail his set shots. He is not far off from being a top tier mid.

YES, all I have to say!

Hore would slot straight into our systems, coming from another AFL club. I'll take a 190cm guy with great marking talent and AFL development over another Joel Tippett type that needs to be told where to run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even if they're vastly less talented and probably not AFL standard? I'd take Tom Doedee or Tom Stewart over Durdin/Nielsen.
Hore would slot straight into our systems, coming from another AFL club. I'll take a 190cm guy with great marking talent and AFL development over another Joel Tippett type that needs to be told where to run.
Not concerned about his age/#of games?

22. Goldy

Ol’ man river just keeps rolling along. Two years left on his contract & the key now is to plan the transition to another ruck combo. Nobes has already stated that the plan is for Goldy to spend more time forward. How Goldy reacts to this is intriguing given that his best performances have traditionally been as a sole ruckman & we have only seen bits & pieces of him as a forward. If he can embrace this new role it will allow for the development of CCJ, X and in the longer term, Charlie & Jake.

22. Goldy

Ol’ man river just keeps rolling along. Two years left on his contract & the key now is to plan the transition to another ruck combo. Nobes has already stated that the plan is for Goldy to spend more time forward. How Goldy reacts to this is intriguing given that his best performances have traditionally been as a sole ruckman & we have only seen bits & pieces of him as a forward. If he can embrace this new role it will allow for the development of CCJ, X and in the longer term, Charlie & Jake.

he is a master of the contested grab. could have easily made a career for himself as a key forward if he wasn't such an endurance beast and a skillful lefty in the ruck contest

22. Goldy

Out of contract this year

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s his last

Old Lady Memories GIF by IFHT Films

23. BMac

Has gradually developed into an elite shutdown tall defender. Did not get beaten one on one in 2021 very often. The next step in his development is to provide offensive rebound without detracting from his shutdown role. Our structure in 2021 was that Robbie provided the rebound with Ben being the shutdown man. Robbie’s departure provides the opportunity & Ben’s development syncs with this,

23. BMac

Has gradually developed into an elite shutdown tall defender. Did not get beaten one on one in 2021 very often. The next step in his development is to provide offensive rebound without detracting from his shutdown role. Our structure in 2021 was that Robbie provided the rebound with Ben being the shutdown man. Robbie’s departure provides the opportunity & Ben’s development syncs with this,
I remember early in his career he looked scared to have the ball at times and just rushed it to the first player he could. His confidence to take the kick on and look inside at times this year was awesome. Hoping he embraces the challenge without Tarrant and now with Corr. Hoping we can finally see him and his brother matchup this year too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back