News James Hird hired by the AFL-owned Giants.

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit like WADA- they were planning something
Dunno what that comment is about.

It is obvious they had a business venture in the works to make money from AOD using the Essendon players as test subjects. They would tout their program's success at Essendon as a selling point.

But of course it could have been any number of things like...

Like...

Actually I can't think of anything else it could be.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Yes i think so and not only Melbourne but other clubs as well. Lets be honest and admit that the game has had drug problems for many years and hence why the brought in the 3 strike rule
Are you saying that the bombers didn't destroy all evidence because they didn't keep records of what as injected into the players, or they have hidden some evidence?

That's not why they brought in the 3 strike rule. The AFL didn't want to know about it until the federal government threatened to withhold funding unless the AFL signed on to WADA.

I just thought - it's possible Dank was sending them financials trying to get them in to a business they weren't interested in. Possible.
Not sure how they thought they could make money out of spruiking drugs/supplements/a doping program they knew was illegal. :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So maybe, just maybe, they thought it was legal.
Oooo! Maybe.

Maybe they just didn't do their due diligence. Maybe if they had not broken the rules and cut the club doctor out of the loop they could have saved themselves all of this trouble. Maybe they had opportunities to save themselves and your club but didn't do it through greed and incompetence.

Maybe.

Oooo! Maybe.

Maybe they just didn't do their due diligence. Maybe if they had not broken the rules and cut the club doctor out of the loop they could have saved themselves all of this trouble. Maybe they had opportunities to save themselves and your club but didn't do it through greed and incompetence.

Maybe.
Of course they didn't. They were naive, stupid, full of their own self confidence and bathwater and trusted someone like Dank whose idea of recordkeeping was walking around the changerooms asking random players if they'd had their jab today. They sidelined Bruce for the same reasons. This is the new age of sports science doc so be a good sport, stay in your lane and run along. There's a good chap.

These are maybes if we go into #standbyhird land. I fully believe they thought they were getting away with something dodgy.
Can you not see how intentionally doing something they knew was illegal does not marry up with selling an idea they knew was illegal? Did they just think that nobody would ever figure it out?

Can you not see how intentionally doing something they knew was illegal does not marry up with selling an idea they knew was illegal? Did they just think that nobody would ever figure it out?
I think they thought they were getting away with being dodgy. So, not above board but they wouldn't get any repercussions. That they had hit the jackpot with a secret dodge they could exploit.

I think they thought they were getting away with being dodgy. So, not above board but they wouldn't get any repercussions. That they had hit the jackpot with a secret dodge they could exploit.
We're in #foamer territory here.

It doesn't make any more sense if you swap the word illegal with dodgy.

aussiefooty

Carn the mighty roos!
I reneged on a bet or agreement :( Chess Club Member
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos Geelong
Doesn't bother me! Good on him for returning

Remove this Banner Ad

Back