If you could take 1 player from another team

Sam Walsh.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
You were being cocky... or know little about these 4 teams!

Even Melbourne could find a player from every other side that would improve their team.

Jordan Butts would also be handy to sure up the Bulldogs defence.
They just brought a fringe player from Hawthorn in O'Brien to help with their backline.

Even the worst teams would generally have 4 to 6 fit into a Premier's best 22

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Sam Walsh as a mid for the next 10 years would be nice

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
For another tilt before some legends retire
Toby Greene(Him & Dusty in the fwd line)
Longer term:Either of the King Bros.(Both even better).

Goomba1973

Team Captain
Aug 13, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
New York Mets
Difficult call...... Luke Jackson or the Bont

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
The Bont! we need a big bodied match winner. coming in at second place would be Petracca

JPetro83

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Adel United & Leeds United
Adelaide - No one

Brisbane - Charlie Cameron

Carlton - Patrick Cripps

Collingwood - Brodie Grundy

Essendon - Sam Draper

Fremantle - Sean Darcy

Geelong - No one

GWS - Toby Greene

Gold Coast - No one

Hawthorn - No one

Melbourne - Max Gawn (for 1-2 years), longer term Steven May or Jake Lever.

North - Todd Goldstein (for a year) failing that Tarryn Thomas

Port - Robbie Gray

Richmond - Dusty

St Kilda - Patrick Ryder (for a year)

Swans - Isaac Heeney

West Coast - Nic Nat
so you would take nobody from the Crows but you would take a 34yr old Ryder from the saints? LOL
This time in 12 months you will be saying "geez i wish we had that Rachele kid at the Crows or that Shoenberg kid :)

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
so you would take nobody from the Crows but you would take a 34yr old Ryder from the saints? LOL
This time in 12 months you will be saying "geez i wish we had that Rachele kid at the Crows or that Shoenberg kid :)

I’d be taking Jordon Butts. He’s going to be a very reliable player for a long time I reckon.

Orange crush

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
Adelaide- Mitch McGovern
Brisbane- Sam Docherty
Geelong- Lachie Fogarty
Freo- Adam Cerra
Essendon- Adam Saad
GCS- Jack Martin
GWS- Zac Wiiliams
Hawthorn- Marc Pittonet
Melbourne - Oscar McDonald
St Kilda - Jack Newnes
Sydney- Nic Newman
Bulldogs- Liam Jones

Last edited:

Trav 20

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Idiots get ignored
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Dees
The Bont! we need a big bodied match winner. coming in at second place would be Petracca
I think the general consensus for the 3 best players in the competition are Bontempelli Petracca and Oliver (some may disagree). I think most probably have Bontempelli as no.1. I won't include Oliver in this, but I think there's a compelling argument that Petracca has shaded Bontempelli the last two years.

Bontempelli has played 44 games to Petracca's 42 in that time.

Petracca avearges more disposals (26.9-24.3), more marks (4.38-3.7), has kicked more goals (44-42 from 2 less games), more inside 50s (5.7-5.6), more score involvements (7.5-6.4), more metres gained (472-462), more marks inside 50 (0.9-0.68), and more contested possessions (13.4-10.6).

Bontempelli averages a fraction more goal assists (0.79-0.76) and clearances (5.4-5.3) and is well ahead on tackles (4.86-3.76). That's it.

So for disposals, marks, goals, and contested possessions Petracca has him covered while they're almost identical in clearances.

In the x-factor/brilliance metric they're similar with Petracca perhaps more the inside bull who bursts clear from stoppages.

I suspect Bontempelli wins more from sustained performance over a longer period and general hype, but over the last two years combined Petracca's performance is more than a match.

For those that like their Brownlow stats (terrible way to judge) they both have 43 votes from 39 games over the last two years.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I‘m not cocky. I‘ve listed players I would take that would improve or be beneficial for us.

If the club I listed didn’t list a player, I’m not saying the team is sh*t or that we are too good for them, just don’t think there is a player that fulfils what we need at the moment.

I'd argue Tom Stewart/Jack Henry would definitely fulfil a need down back for you guys - especially now that Easton Wood has retired

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
We did bring in four 190cm intercept defenders in the trade/draft period, though Stewart or Henry would outclass them.

Yeah that's more what I was getting at - as Henry is gonna be a star of the future, and Stewart already is. Only Dale and Daniel down back would be in their league for you guys. It's certainly your weakest area at the moment, along with the ruck - given just how stacked your mid and forward lines are for the next 5-10 years

Adelaide- Mitch McGovern
Geelong- Lachie Fogarty
Freo- Adam Cerra
Essendon- Adam Saad
GCS- Jack Martin
GWS- Zac Wiiliams
Hawthorn- Marc Pittonet
Melbourne - Oscar McDonald
St Kilda - Jack Newnes
Sydney- Nic Newman
Bulldogs- Liam Jones
Haha, Dangerfield will be annoyed he was overlooked.

Tackle Bag

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
I think the general consensus for the 3 best players in the competition are Bontempelli Petracca and Oliver (some may disagree). I think most probably have Bontempelli as no.1. I won't include Oliver in this, but I think there's a compelling argument that Petracca has shaded Bontempelli the last two years

How quickly you have forgotten Dusty.

WalshistheGOAT

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Either.

Martin has been a great player, but he's been overtaken in the last 12 months.
He single handedly took down Geelong last year and got injured half way through this year with a season ending injury. How could he possibly be overtaken when he wasn't even out on the park?

His record in finals is one of the best of all time. Trac, Oliver and Bont haven't come close to matching his overall record. There's no guarantee any of those players will even get to see another grand final again, yet Dusty will forever he remembered with his 3 Norms

Back