Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Braden can't help but put a negative spin on most things Freo.

Yes it appeared to look for every negative possible. The group is up and running with very few with any significant issues.

Fyfe is progressing as fast as possible, Mundy has appeared and is running, well ahead of the doomsday reporting. Tabs is returning from foot surgery but does not appear to have missed a session.

There are 4-5 in each rehab session but most join in the main training at stages. Perhaps we are being more conservative with our injuries.

So far so good in my view, with good numbers doing plenty of work each session.

**** Quatermaine.

But... It's pretty exciting hearing about Amiss kicking for goal at training 🥵 which we haven't heard about this preseason yet.

I'm going to be tuning into every Peel game possible this year. Excited to see what Jye can do in a full league season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very ordinary article from a b grade journo,finger deep analysis that was disjointed and totally lost the plot with the last paragraph-I mean htf does that have any relevance to ffc preseason training

Very ordinary article from a b grade journo,finger deep analysis that was disjointed and totally lost the plot with the last paragraph-I mean htf does that have any relevance to ffc preseason training
If we were playing on the weekend for four points, most of those in rehab would be playing.

How's Will Brodie going ? Still lagging behind fitness wise ?

Can't deny I have mixed feelings about the homeless comment.

I agree placing that info in a training report is unnecessary... But I'm also kinda glad that at least somebody is mentioning it somewhere.

Rental prices have gone mad thanks to Covid, rentals are scarce as hen's teeth, there's over 191k people without proper accommodation or safe lodgings living in Perth right now (including myself) but nobody's saying a bloody word about it or doing anything to address it.

I really hate that this info was tagged onto a Freo training report... but at least we know not to try sleeping down at Freo Oval in future - apparently it's already full.

Sure the placement of that comment was a real dick move... But to my partner and I at least it's still useful information.

Can't deny I have mixed feelings about the homeless comment.

I agree placing that info in a training report is unnecessary... But I'm also kinda glad that at least somebody is mentioning it somewhere.

Rental prices have gone mad thanks to Covid, rentals are scarce as hen's teeth, there's over 191k people without proper accommodation or safe lodgings living in Perth right now (including myself) but nobody's saying a bloody word about it or doing anything to address it.

I really hate that this info was tagged onto a Freo training report... but at least we know not to try sleeping down at Freo Oval in future - apparently it's already full.

Sure the placement of that comment was a real dick move... But to my partner and I at least it's still useful information.
Mate, that must be really difficult for you and I hope you and your partner are OK despite the situation.

I am strongly in favour of social issues being exposed. Regrettably it is sometimes needed to bring about change. If that is this journalists intention, all fine by me.

Mate, that must be really difficult for you and I hope you and your partner are OK despite the situation.

I am strongly in favour of social issues being exposed. Regrettably it is sometimes needed to bring about change. If that is this journalists intention, all fine by me.

I just find it so frustrating that this is the only place it seems the Worst deems it appropriate to talk about such an important and challenging social issue. The fact that it was only when juxtaposed against an elite sporting team that the homelessness was "jarring" is an indictment on the journalist and the editors. It's also weird and jarring to tie it to a training report that inevitably implies that Freo have some level of responsibility.

Far from a call to remove it from the conversation, it should be front and centre in the paper, not tucked away a few pages in from the back. Weak as piss from Quartermaine and the West, I can't imagine it was included out of concern for those sleeping in the stands.

You can make the argument that journalists come from quite affluent areas and families, working jobs early that don't pay well so they thrive on the support of their families - meaning they haven't been exposed to that side of the world and it shocks them to see it creeping into their insular world.

Caleb Serong isn't training in the orange hat anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back