Player Watch Fischer McAsey - Steps Away from Football, Not Returning

Do you think Fischer McAsey will be at the AFC in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Good that it's private. Next step is delete.
Why, it tell us a lot of what the lad's been going through on personal level the last couple of years and goes a long way to explain his on field performances IMO. Good on him for putting it out there and I'm hopeful we might finally see him realise the potential he showed as junior. It certainly gives me more confidence that he's on the right track now.

Why, it tell us a lot of what the lad's been going through on personal level the last couple of years and goes a long way to explain his on field performances IMO. Good on him for putting it out there and I'm hopeful we might finally see him realise the potential he showed as junior. It certainly gives me more confidence that he's on the right track now.
Agree, hope that "cleansing" (although I haven't seen it) helps and he takes off.

The natural talent and Footy Smarts are there.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Instagram adds another significant layer to the modem day burden on mental health. Society would be much better off without it.

I have friends on social media who have battled with mental health issues and they're constantly posting about how great they're going, how they've turned things around, inspirational quotes etc.

In some cases seeing them in person very soon after and they aren't as chipper as they've projected online. Seems like a bit of a facade. Who are they trying to convince?

Is it a mind over matter/ positive thinking strategy?

Just seems to be a temporary "up moment" that mirrors their bad moments. Hope he's ok

Pick 6 wasted

And in a year it might be looking a solid pick.

Hopefully he's gunning it up as a key forward. There is a bit to his game that'd mesh with Thilthorpe as a partnership and Fogarty is just a stopgap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a year..
Hopefully..
Bit to his game..

He's not an AFL level player.

Every kid, whether AFL player or not, had the same words used on them before it's decided.

And players have recovered from a tough 2nd year before, as much as the situation has become harder for Fish.

Not a star ? He's not even a water boy mate

If he gets his s**t together he will be a Star, He has a bit more football about him than Butts, who is a very good defender. If I remember correctly there were a few on here knocking Butts as well.
Just need to watch MacAsey's SANFL games and how he positions himself, where he runs to, to see how good he reads the game I liken him to Doedee in his early years a lot of supporters were righting him off as well

I'm just hoping he guns up in the SANFL for the first half of the season and then moves forward from there. The kid has a ton of talent but he isn't putting it together yet, the MH explanation makes sense, hopes he gets past it. Must be hard at 20 to be the next big thing, at least when I was that age, all I cared about was being a pork swordsman.

I have friends on social media who have battled with mental health issues and they're constantly posting about how great they're going, how they've turned things around, inspirational quotes etc.

In some cases seeing them in person very soon after and they aren't as chipper as they've projected online. Seems like a bit of a facade. Who are they trying to convince?

Is it a mind over matter/ positive thinking strategy?

Just seems to be a temporary "up moment" that mirrors their bad moments. Hope he's ok
It's a temporary up moment for everyone. That's what it's designed for but it also has some terrible side effects that makes people constantly compare themselves to what they think is 'ideal'. That's how it *s people. Especially young people.

My concern with Fish is his seeming lack of competitiveness. Does he want the hard ball? Has he shown it in the SANFL?
He took an amazing handball and courageous mark in the F50 couple years ago at AFL level....

It was a marl that you can't coach because it was full of courage

My take of that is the courage and competitiveness is there in him as a player, what is not there is the fitness to enable that competiveness of a consistent contest by contest basis

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back