Win Prizes Ask an Atheist - Shoe's on the other foot now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, we're going to have a change of tack.

As I'm sure you can see, the thread title has been changed to Ask an Atheist. People who have a question to ask of the atheists who populate this thread - more than the christians do - should feel free to ask questions of them.

If you've still got a live question posted to a christian, feel free to continue conversing for the time being.

Standard board rules apply.

Last edited:
Blatant and overt disrespect , as if you didn't know.

'Disrespect' in what way? Openly questioning the very existence of 'god'? Criticising his purported actions? Refusal to accept the supposed 'word of god'?

Why focus on that aspect of the post?

Because I've already addressed the rest of your post elsewhere. And I wanted a definition as you see it

'Disrespect' in what way? Openly questioning the very existence of 'god'? Criticising his purported actions? Refusal to accept the supposed 'word of god'?

Because I've already addressed the rest of your post elsewhere. And I wanted a definition as you see it
It's not relevant to you at all- you are never disrespectful in that manner.

Even if we cite well written and researched Christian articles we are lambasted, but Roy and TP can quote prolifically from their anti Christian friends with impunity; and we can not quote the Word of God because they don't believe in it, unless it suits their arguments; AND WE CAN NOT QUOTE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE OR FAITH BECAUSE.....
So to conclude, we are here to reply to the statements made by TP, not questions, and Roy is here with a historical bent to repudiate everything we express that relies on faith and scripture.
Stalemate.
Yet all parties concerned continue to engage, albeit disparagingly according to TP.

but it's a fun place to hang out eh? As I told a young person once, it's fun to chat with christians, just dont believe a word they say and you'll be fine...

but it's a fun place to hang out eh? As I told a young person once, it's fun to chat with christians, just dont believe a word they say and you'll be fine...
Good to meet like-minded people who care about where we came from, how we live and where we end up.

The NT is senseless without the background OT. Simple.
There would be no NT without the OT.
BUT, one does not benefit from, or need meticulous adherence to every tenet of the OT. Only nitpickers get their lollies from that. It is for Christians, used as an incredible description of the power of God and the struggles He had with His people, and as a basic set of guidelines as to what pleases God. We do not need to adhere to it word by word.

You missed the point of christianity.... it's supposed to be a paradigm shift from the old testament....a great leap forward from an eye for an eye.... from ticking boxes in worshipping god...

word of advice...go and read that bit from the "what is the greatest commandment?" story....and you might understand what jesus wanted...

and then go and spread the word and speak in tongues and walk around with little fires on your head....and convert christians to what they should be doing

I have NEVER said a word against the beliefs of Islam etc. You ask me to, and I will not and can not.
Despite you claiming Jesus is the ONLY way to God, they claim their God is real and responds to their prayers as well. What i said is if you think that your anecdotes are right, you have to admit other God's exist too otherwise you are indrectly saying they are wrong. Hence if you admit other religions have a point too, then you are admitting the obvious. IF their anecdotes are also true, then then Jesus is the ONLY way is false. You are refusing to admit it, but this is damned obvious. Why is someone who is praying to Shiva getting results? you should come with me to India, i can show you temples where millions go, cause they got their prayers answers. All of them deluded???

I have said time after time, GOD, if you believe in GOD, I DO, will judge ALL believers according to the integrity of their faith.
God does not equate to your God. Neither Jews, nor Muslims nor others believe Jesus is God. They believe Jesus is a man.

I have quoted that the Bible says the way to God is by accepting Jesus is His Son.
Jesus is YWH. Before Abraham was I AM.Did Jesus exist before Abraham? so what was Jesus referring too? Funny how Jesus got nothing to do with YWH apparently despite YWH being God, Jesus also being God. YWH states in OT, I AM that I AM. You quote John when it suits you, when i quote John then, "You are cherry picking". Christians need to read their own Bible.
That is what we believe. That is all we can state as Christians. We can not say that all those other billions are incorrect- we can not be that arrogant or self-righteous, but you put down words as if that's what we believe, then get angry with the words you put down.
Yet you assert Jesus is the ONLY way? how do you know this is ONLY way? How much do you know about other religions to make this claim? I know enough about Christianity to debate with you, you know nothing about other religions to make such an outrageous claim.

Why can't there be other ways? Because The Bible said so?

I still maintain there is only one God- call Him what you like as long as it is not blasphemy.
I disbelieve in the God of religion, all religions , yours included (which is clearly a work of fiction). There may or may not be a God but Bible doesn't prove or disprove anything.

And look who is talking about disrespect. Have you read your Bible? what does Jesus call unbelievers? what does YWH call unbelievers? Respect is a 2 way street, according to your deities, we are dogs vomit, but you want these 'dogs vomit' to respect your belief? A bit rich, don't you think?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You missed the point of christianity.... it's supposed to be a paradigm shift from the old testament....a great leap forward from an eye for an eye.... from ticking boxes in worshipping god...

word of advice...go and read that bit from the "what is the greatest commandment?" story....and you might understand what jesus wanted...

and then go and spread the word and speak in tongues and walk around with little fires on your head....and convert christians to what they should be doing
It is a paradigm shift from the OT. Very liberating, but it would not be without knowledge of the OT.
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, BUT THIS KNOWLEDGE IS INDELIBLY IMPRINTED IN MY MIND ALREADY.

It is a paradigm shift from the OT. Very liberating, but it would not be without knowledge of the OT.
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, BUT THIS KNOWLEDGE IS INDELIBLY IMPRINTED IN MY MIND ALREADY.

Why did God change strategy? YWH/Jesus kinda reminds me of Ken Hinkley minus the omnipotence to see that his plans can fail too.

Despite you claiming Jesus is the ONLY way to God, they claim their God is real and responds to their prayers as well. What i said is if you think that your anecdotes are right, you have to admit other God's exist too otherwise you are indrectly saying they are wrong. Hence if you admit other religions have a point too, then you are admitting the obvious. IF their anecdotes are also true, then then Jesus is the ONLY way is false. You are refusing to admit it, but this is damned obvious. Why is someone who is praying to Shiva getting results? you should come with me to India, i can show you temples where millions go, cause they got their prayers answers. All of them deluded???

God does not equate to your God. Neither Jews, nor Muslims nor others believe Jesus is God. They believe Jesus is a man.

Jesus is YWH. Before Abraham was I AM.Did Jesus exist before Abraham? so what was Jesus referring too? Funny how Jesus got nothing to do with YWH apparently despite YWH being God, Jesus also being God. YWH states in OT, I AM that I AM. You quote John when it suits you, when i quote John then, "You are cherry picking". Christians need to read their own Bible.

Yet you assert Jesus is the ONLY way? how do you know this is ONLY way? How much do you know about other religions to make this claim? I know enough about Christianity to debate with you, you know nothing about other religions to make such an outrageous claim.

Why can't there be other ways? Because The Bible said so?

I disbelieve in the God of religion, all religions , yours included (which is clearly a work of fiction). There may or may not be a God but Bible doesn't prove or disprove anything.

And look who is talking about disrespect. Have you read your Bible? what does Jesus call unbelievers? what does YWH call unbelievers? Respect is a 2 way street, according to your deities, we are dogs vomit, but you want these 'dogs vomit' to respect your belief? A bit rich, don't you think?
My points remain.
You come here to Ask a Christian what they believe and why.
I have done so countless times.
If you think your God-given role, or self-ordained role, by all your life experience and reading, is to reeducate us, that is your prerogative, but it is not necessary.
Even if we are Christians because where we are born, so be it. If that confuses you, be happy that you are not part of religion or faith, but totally self-reliant. That is what you're telling us. I continue to believe that we did not start from nothing, that God created mankind, and that Jesus existed and is who He said He was.
People in other world parts who believe in Islam, etc. God will no doubt judge them according to their sincere beliefs.
We quote what the Bible says because that is what we have. I know enough about other belief systems to appreciate their value to those billions of people.
My own DNA appears to be aligned to Christianity, and the reasons for that are multifactorial. As you have said, where we are born is huge. Personal experience is also huge. Faith is intangible and huge.
The Bible may state that Jesus is the only way to God. We live by that. Is that applicable to those who may never encounter Him, or who are devout Muslims et al? Not for you or I to judge. Let that be up to God.
If people are grappling with the fact that there are diverse world religions, so be it.
I am committed to mine, you don't have any commitment to a religion or leader, and that is fine.
But you can not and should not try and ridicule/educate/question those with long-standing faith when it has zero impact on you.

We are not here to comment on Islam etc. But we admit freely that God is God, only one God.

My points remain.
If you think your God-given role, or self-ordained role, by all your life experience and reading, is to reeducate us, that is your prerogative, but it is not necessary.
Even if we are Christians because where we are born, so be it. If that confuses you, be happy that you are not part of religion or faith, but totally self-reliant. That is what you're telling us. I continue to believe that we did not start from nothing, that God created mankind, and that Jesus existed and is who He said He was.
People in other world parts who believe in Islam, etc. God will no doubt judge them according to their sincere beliefs.
We quote what the Bible says because that is what we have. I know enough about other belief systems to appreciate their value to those billions of people.
My own DNA appears to be aligned to Christianity, and the reasons for that are multifactorial. As you have said, where we are born is huge. Personal experience is also huge. Faith is intangible and huge.
The Bible may state that Jesus is the only way to God. We live by that. Is that applicable to those who may never encounter Him, or who are devout Muslims et al? Not for you or I to judge. Let that be up to God.
If people are grappling with the fact that there are diverse world religions, so be it.
I am committed to mine, you don't have any commitment to a religion or leader, and that is fine.
But you can not and should not try and ridicule/educate/question those with long-standing faith when it has zero impact on you.
We are not here to comment on Islam etc. But we admit freely that God is God, only one God.

My points remain.

So basically you are saying It's true cause Bible said so? Islam is true cause Islam said so? Hinduism is true cause Hinduism said so? and then you say 'i have doubts'? no you don't , you buy everything fed to you, without critical thinking.

And as i said to you, respect is a 2 way street, i do not need to respect something that teaches me women are inferior, it's ok to have slaves, unbelievers are evil, homosexuals are bad people etc etc.

i wonder what the world would be like now if jesus was so sensitive to opposing views...
I recall reading atheist poster/s in here taking what appeared to be serious offence to a suggestion made by a creationist/s, that atheists don’t know how to/can’t love. Given creationists put up with what is arguably sustained coordinated pattern of ridicule, at times more: in comparison, that was a warm-butter-like melt from atheist poster/s. So in the scenario you painted, the world might possibly resemble something similar to that?

Last edited:
So basically you are saying It's true cause Bible said so? Islam is true cause Islam said so? Hinduism is true cause Hinduism said so? and then you say 'i have doubts'? no you don't , you buy everything fed to you, without critical thinking.

And as i said to you, respect is a 2 way street, i do not need to respect something that teaches me women are inferior, it's ok to have slaves, unbelievers are evil, homosexuals are bad people etc etc.
Respect what people believe that is true for them.
Don't bicker with them because they don't have your insights/slants/intellect.
If believers live as truly to their belief systems and it does not impact you and yours, what does it matter?
We do not believe or hang on every single word of the Bible verbatim, but that does not mean we don't know the Bible or read it, and it would be appreciated if could stop telling us to read it again or properly- that is insulting, not needed, and reflects on you, not us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back