Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember there was a harness racing matchup, I think late 70"s, and one of the drivers was Ron Barrassi. His silks were in North colours and he wore No. 31.
If all this is true, then I think it is an important part of the legacy of Goater's new number and he should be told.
If I've completely misremembered or it was a dream, the MODS should delete this ridiculous post for me.

Last edited:
I remember there was a harness racing matchup, I think late 70"s, and one of the drivers was Ron Barrassi. His silks were in North colours and he wore No. 31.
If all this is true, then I think it is an important part of the legacy of Goater's new number and he should be told.
If I've completely misremembered or it was a dream, the MODS should delete this ridiculous post for me.

Was thinking the other day about the hyped ( iirc ) world title fight at Arden st.

It lasted 8 seconds yeh ?

How many starts does the Goat get in 2022 (not counting being the sub)?
After watching a not very special st Kilda thrash us this year, JZ getting smashed by battle!, hall kicking it along the ground, ats and menadue gone, walker and mackay imitation statues ….
well it’s a pity his disposal seems average But the tiggers win plenty with a few hackers here and there
Noble very very likely to give him 10 games, mahony and Scott played plenty and both barely got a kick hopefully that won’t be allowed to continue

How many starts does the Goat get in 2022 (not counting being the sub)?
His skills are good and obviously has speed but its his endurance that'll need a fixing if he wants to play consistent games in 2022.
Not sure how long it takes to get going.

Not sure how you can say his skills are good. The highlights show numerous scrubbed kicks. I doubt we'll give him a game if he doesn't improve his disposal.

Only very, very early days but watching a few snippets of the training footage, and hearing some of the reports on the Goat I am very, very excited about this kid. Has speed and skill in abundance. His agility appears off the charts and from a few of the reports I've read on him he has a very strong background playing on-ball. Just another ingredient to add to our midfield depth. Will definitely get a few games this year I willing to wager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only very, very early days but watching a few snippets of the training footage, and hearing some of the reports on the Goat I am very, very excited about this kid. Has speed and skill in abundance. His agility appears off the charts and from a few of the reports I've read on him he has a very strong background playing on-ball. Just another ingredient to add to our midfield depth. Will definitely get a few games this year I willing to wager.

I’ve heard a few people around the club liken his inside work and athletic profile to Bontempelli. The club is seriously impressed with his vision and ability to find space while working in congestion. Has deft touch, and his agility for a guy his height is off the charts.

I’m also lead to believe that for a number of clubs he was ranked inside the top 10. Geelong, Hawthorn & Adelaide just to name a few.

I’ve heard a few people around the club liken his inside work and athletic profile to Bontempelli. The club is seriously impressed with his vision and ability to find space while working in congestion. Has deft touch, and his agility for a guy his height is off the charts.

I’m also lead to believe that for a number of clubs he was ranked inside the top 10. Geelong, Hawthorn & Adelaide just to name a few.

He was the Saints next pick at 12 after NWM according to Twomey.

He was the Saints next pick at 12 after NWM according to Twomey.
yeah he was rated pretty highly, basically became a north favourite once we found out he was bfnaak

Can’t believe the Eagles took Cheeser instead of the Goat TBH.

With Shuey and Redden nearing the end having a 6’3 power midfielder to groom before they retired made more sense to me than a wing/half back coming off a meniscus..

Oh well, lets hope the Goat ends up a multiple premiership hero so I can stick it up all my WCE relatives even more.

**insert moonwalk gif**

He's incredible, just needs to work upto AFL standard endurance.

Endurance is his only weakness IMO. He's better than an average kick.

After watching 4 sessions now, this kid is 100% in the same class as Powell and Phillips IMO. A completely different player, but he's at that level IMO given his potential body size and athletic ability, I'd be absolutely shocked if he's not a top 5 type player at the club type in the future at some point.

His handballing is certainly a bit unconventional at times and may even provide a few memes over the years.

Last edited:

I’ll keep my hopes in check for now re goater.
We had others that have slipped to us that amounted to not much at all

Remove this Banner Ad

Back