Women's Footy Crows AFLW Season 2022 - Premiers; Got the Trophy, cop that AFL House 🖕🏼

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all,

My name is Dean Vasic and I do a podcast called Hashtag Kangaroos. I was wondering if anyone in here would like to make an appearance on the show this week to preview the Round 2 AFLW game. All you need is decent knowledge of your own team and your phone for the interview.

Let me know if that's something that might interest you and feel free to comment below or send me a message.

Kind regards,

Dean Vasic

It’s pretty s**t that Port coming in is going to destroy our squad and they’ll get the pick of the best youngsters including a couple who could be league leading.

They chose China over womens footy. In bizarro world where the China thing took off, would we get to piggy back off their “success” at their expense?

Of course not. But because of us, they’ll get gift wrapped a talented development squad plus the millions to upgrade their bar facilities (and a little bit for a female toilet to keep the pollies happy)

It’s pretty sh*t that Port coming in is going to destroy our squad and they’ll get the pick of the best youngsters including a couple who could be league leading.

They chose China over womens footy. In bizarro world where the China thing took off, would we get to piggy back off their “success” at their expense?

Of course not. But because of us, they’ll get gift wrapped a talented development squad plus the millions to upgrade their bar facilities (and a little bit for a female toilet to keep the pollies happy)
They will be rubbish for ages like most of the other expansion teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s pretty sh*t that Port coming in is going to destroy our squad and they’ll get the pick of the best youngsters including a couple who could be league leading.

And then they will demand the first and only game against the Crows in 2022 to be played at Alberton and then demand to wear their prison bar jumper.

Personally, although I am not a fan of Norwood Oval Crows need to push the AFL to play the first game against Port there. It would be fitting.

Emma Swanson suspended for next weeks game a further blow for an already weak looking Eagles team, basically Crows V Dana Hooker now.

Bulldogs and Brisbane are yet to play, but either way, there will be four undefeated teams after two rounds. Fremantle, Crows, Collingwood and Melbourne.

Three of those sides play a team yet to win a match next week (Crows vs Eagles, Collingwood vs Geelong, Melbourne vs St Kilda) while Fremantle faces Richmond who look clearly the best team outside the top 4.

Assuming all four teams win their round 3 matches, it sets up a fantastic round 4, with Crows vs Melbourne (Norwood) and Collingwood vs Fremantle (Victoria Park).

It reminds me a bit of 2019 when we faced an undefeated Fremantle in round 4, and then an undefeated North Melbourne in round 5 and knocked both off. Season-defining stuff.

Bulldogs and Brisbane are yet to play, but either way, there will be four undefeated teams after two rounds. Fremantle, Crows, Collingwood and Melbourne.

Three of those sides play a team yet to win a match next week (Crows vs Eagles, Collingwood vs Geelong, Melbourne vs St Kilda) while Fremantle faces Richmond who look clearly the best team outside the top 4.

Assuming all four teams win their round 3 matches, it sets up a fantastic round 4, with Crows vs Melbourne (Norwood) and Collingwood vs Fremantle (Victoria Park).

It reminds me a bit of 2019 when we faced an undefeated Fremantle in round 4, and then an undefeated North Melbourne in round 5 and knocked both off. Season-defining stuff.
What are they even going to end up doing about that Bulldogs-Brisbane game? Where are they even going to try to wedge that in?

They haven’t said much really since it got delayed almost hoping people forget about it and they’ll just split the points

At this stage surely they've got to split the points. Rough result for Brisbane who I think would have spanked them.

Aren’t they waiting for the players to get out of isolation so the priority would be to get all 7 games away this weekend then slot the postponed game in between rounds after that?

Aren’t they waiting for the players to get out of isolation so the priority would be to get all 7 games away this weekend then slot the postponed game in between rounds after that?

I mean, how can you slot a game in like that though? Even if they play Friday one weekend and then Sunday the following weekend, that's too many games in a short period of time.

The men often complain about consecutive six day turnarounds. This would be a four day and a five day turnaround.

Unless they fiddle with the fixture and give Brisbane some games on Thursdays/Mondays to fit it all in.

I mean, how can you slot a game in like that though? Even if they play Friday one weekend and then Sunday the following weekend, that's too many games in a short period of time.

The men often complain about consecutive six day turnarounds. This would be a four day and a five day turnaround.

Unless they fiddle with the fixture and give Brisbane some games on Thursdays/Mondays to fit it all in.

I have read that the minimum turnaround would be 4 days, so it could be a bit like part of the 2020 men’s season but with part time players.

And a Monday night match did get played last year when required so Thursday/Monday could easily happen to accomodate the midweek slots.

Chloe Scheer dropped (or rather, "managed") from Geelong's side this week. Is she hurt? I know she hasn't set the world on fire in her two games there so far, maybe she's carrying a niggle?

I miss having her in our side :( Did we ever find out her reasons for leaving, incidentally? Was it purely down to being offered a higher pay bracket? Or was she unhappy here? I have a vague recollection of reading some article where she was a bit upset that everyone spent all of 2019/20 asking how Phillips was going with her ACL while completely ignoring Scheer's recovery from the same injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back