Your pick for Captain.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
May 28, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Man Utd
As much as i would love to see number 4 as captain, it ain't gonna happen.
The gig involves a lot of media, sponsors and community engagement. I don't think Dusty is comfortable with that and club would be well aware.

Grimes or lynch or even lambo for now before JG or Bolton or Balta take over the reigns

Jack5

Cancelled
Richmond Tigers - Josh Gibcus Player Sponsor 2022 Richmond Tigers - Kamdyn McIntosh Player Sponsor 2022
Sep 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Why wouldn't Grimes fit the mould on his own?
Grimes would be fine. But Dusty would be better for onfield in my view. Square pegs round holes was for Dusty doing the offfield/media stuff.

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
After Martin's 2017 season, he has done a lot of media, both after game and external media. Chalk and cheese with his confidence speaking to the media from pre 2017 to now. Way too much emphasis being out on this anyway. More likely he won't want to do it because of all the staff meetings etc in the admin role. But none of us know where his head is at right now. He may want to take that on too.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
As much as i would love to see number 4 as captain, it ain't gonna happen.
The gig involves a lot of media, sponsors and community engagement. I don't think Dusty is comfortable with that and club would be well aware.

Grimes or lynch or even lambo for now before JG or Bolton or Balta take over the reigns
grimes -tick. vlastuin - tick .lynch - nah

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Who the fu** is the captain?
1642122245258.gif

After Martin's 2017 season, he has done a lot of media, both after game and external media. Chalk and cheese with his confidence speaking to the media from pre 2017 to now. Way too much emphasis being out on this anyway. More likely he won't want to do it because of all the staff meetings etc in the admin role. But none of us know where his head is at right now. He may want to take that on too.

he might be an introvert and shy but he’s definitely coming out of his shell. Trent doesn’t do a lot of media - jack does a fair bit and takes some of the load.

If they can share the media responsibilities like they do now no reason he couldn’t be the skipper.

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
They haven’t held their camp yet. End of this month
What's that about .. annual musical chairs!
Seriously, the camp is the perfect time to do it. Team activities with leaders of teams, all about seeing who shows leadership skills.

(Except at the Crows where it's all about complete humiliation of every player)

Not Important

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Grimes would be fine. But Dusty would be better for onfield in my view. Square pegs round holes was for Dusty doing the offfield/media stuff.
ya can't pick-n-choose tho. off field is part of the job spec. just let him do his thing on field. anyhoo he's had a lot to contend with off field in recent times.

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
ya can't pick-n-choose tho. off field is part of the job spec. just let him do his thing on field. anyhoo he's had a lot to contend with off field in recent times.
Are you saying if he puts his hand up and says 'I want to be considered as a candidate for the captaincy of the RFC', you think the club, and players should say, 'Thanks, but you have too much going on -;stick to the onfield stuff'?
You may be right and the reasons you stated are why he doesn't put his hand up. But if he does, meaning he wants it - he's my choice anyway.

Not Important

Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Are you saying if he puts his hand up and says 'I want to be considered as a candidate for the captaincy of the RFC', you think the club, and players should say, 'Thanks, but you have too much going on -;stick to the onfield stuff'?
You may be right and the reasons you stated are why he doesn't put his hand up. But if he does, meaning he wants it - he's my choice anyway.
they don't have to "say" it they just wouldn't vote for him. jack went through that sort of thing awhile ago.

he doesn't like the media and frankly doesn't handle it all that well. my guess is it will take him sometime to feel on top of things following his fathers death. just let him play.

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
they don't have to "say" it they just wouldn't vote for him. jack went through that sort of thing awhile ago.

he doesn't like the media and frankly doesn't handle it all that well. my guess is it will take him sometime to feel on top of things following his fathers death. just let him play.
Agree on your first point. Not the second.

Jack5

Cancelled
Richmond Tigers - Josh Gibcus Player Sponsor 2022 Richmond Tigers - Kamdyn McIntosh Player Sponsor 2022
Sep 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes you can. When you are the goat at the goat club you can do whatever the * you want.

Yes you can. When you are the goat at the goat club you can do whatever the fu** you want.
Na that’s the type of s**t that ruins clubs if it creeps in
No player is above the team

Back