Teams 2022 Rate My Preseason Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the Heartbreak that Preuss will have to share ruck duties I have dropped him to R3 he will still make good coin. All my other teams posted I was just playing around I was never going to start my team without the greatest player of all time the man himself "DUSTY" I think he will be a POD this year.

View attachment 1310322
View attachment 1310323
Nice team.
Has Judson Clarke got much of a chance of game time at the tigers?
I really liked his underage games. I reckon you guys have done well grabbing him.

Nice team.
Has Judson Clarke got much of a chance of game time at the tigers?
I really liked his underage games. I reckon you guys have done well grabbing him.

I doubt he plays this year very green. I can't see many from 2021 draft playing much footy unless we are hit with massive injuries but Gibcus will play at some stage.

I doubt he plays this year very green. I can't see many from 2021 draft playing much footy unless we are hit with massive injuries but Gibcus will play at some stage.
When North drafted Bergman they asked him who he looks up to most in the AFL.
He said Judson Clarke.
Apparently he is an amazing trainer and does everything right.
He is great around goals also.

Horne has to be taken for the puns in the discussion threads.
We are not given such great ammunition every year.
Who will be the first poster to be given a holiday after a Horne post?
Its 100% happening.
I believe Derek & Clive will both be starting him.

Yep.
I love DPP's. Except r/f i think that is a distraction most years.
Very rarely do they pay off.
I decided if I was going to do a team with 4 premo mids I had better have dpps as cover.
It bends into this without much trouble
View attachment 1310204
Nothing better than a ruckman sitting in ya forward line for me. Free points to be had.

Nothing better than a ruckman sitting in ya forward line for me. Free points to be had.
Ryder was probably the last r/f to be relevant as a keeper.
Plenty of rookie priced rucks along the way with r/f but not many keepers.
Like I said its a distraction. They almost never average enough.

Ryder was probably the last r/f to be relevant as a keeper.
Plenty of rookie priced rucks along the way with r/f but not many keepers.
Like I said its a distraction. They almost never average enough.
Cant recall if Marshall had dpp but he was a good example of a ruckman sitting in the forward line In SC.

Marshall had dpp?
A player who played 13 games is not good ruck cover.
He missed 41% of games in which you would have no cover.
+ he missed all the byes. When you need him most.
Picking a r/f premo at the start of the year almost never works.

I've used the R/F + F/R strategy for a number of years and even posted a team a few weeks ago with this option. It hasn't worked at all and when it failed last year I said never again. Just needed to remind myself

I've used the R/F + F/R strategy for a number of years and even posted a team a few weeks ago with this option. It hasn't worked at all and when it failed last year I said never again. Just needed to remind myself
Its like whoever's in charge of SC does not want r/f to be any good.
Every year the locks we expect for the following year as r/f are ruck only.
Id love to kick whoever is doing it in the shin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its like whoever's in charge of SC does not want r/f to be any good.
Every year the locks we expect for the following year as r/f are ruck only.
Id love to kick whoever is doing it in the shin.
Shin?

Kick em' in the baws till the prepubescent nerds grow hair out of their nostrils!!!!!!!!!!!!

My question is where are all the Luke Jackson-having kents to argue with you on this?

ImissFrosty ?

Turns out if you go for cheap rucks, the rest of your team can look pretty decent.

View attachment 1310394

Hayden Young's a really interesting pick.

Two of his four scores when returning at the end of the year over 110.

Can ton from around 20 possessions.

On the other hand he's 13 games into his career and has managed a best of 8 games in one season.

Seems risky for the potential reward given he's 418k.

Good luck with him

My question is where are all the Luke Jackson-having kents to argue with you on this?

ImissFrosty ?
A second year ruck/ forward who plays with the best ruck of the last 5 years easily.
Im taking Gawn and Darcy, Jackson isnt an option due to byes.
But I wouldn't be taking him either way at 400k.
Ruck cover is a worry for later in the season.

ImissFrosty ?
What R/F premos have we had?

Also, in all of those seasons, we've had Set and Forget, now we have Darcy, Omac, Witts, Preuss, Jackson, Marshall. Gawn and Grundy coming off a decrease in scoring, all of a sudden the top 2/3 isn't as clear anymore.

We've now got covid to deal with and dpp is essential, the days of running a floating donut at R3 are done IMO, you need an R/F premo or rookie doesn't matter.

What R/F premos have we had?

Also, in all of those seasons, we've had Set and Forget, now we have Darcy, Omac, Witts, Preuss, Jackson, Marshall. Gawn and Grundy coming off a decrease in scoring, all of a sudden the top 2/3 isn't as clear anymore.

We've now got covid to deal with and dpp is essential, the days of running a floating donut at R3 are done IMO, you need an R/F premo or rookie doesn't matter.
A playing rookie R3 would trump it and make it unnecessary. I think Hayes, Comben or Edwards could give us that.

1642072470498.png

Fwd line weak but think it's the area to target this year, plenty of cash with some expensive rooks & obviously a mid premo to sacrifice if i need to.

Don't judge me!!!

View attachment 1310440

Fwd line weak but think it's the area to target this year, plenty of cash with some expensive rooks & obviously a mid premo to sacrifice if i need to.

Don't judge me!!!
That is a nice side.
Forward line is scary. But it could work if the rookies show up.
That midfield is awesome.

I'm gonna be on the Preuss Express, so I reckon I need cover to prevent the need for a double trade if he goes down. I reckon English has a fair bit of upside, we know his ceiling is massive and he'll be the Dogs' no. 1 ruck more often than he was last year as Martin is as old as real dangly balls. Sweet will get games and then English will be a forward, but he still scores solidly in that circumstance. At 24 I think English can go up a level and do a fair bit better than Jackson will at his tender age, and with Gawn still the big boy at the Dees. I'm happy to run English at F2 with Comben at R3, if the worst happens with Preuss I trade him for a cheap forward and install English at R2 until a bit later when I bring in a Darcy or Grundy and return English to the forward line.

I'm aiming to have DPP links every which way - MID/DEF ( like your Worner pick, at this stage I have O'Driscoll but I have considered Worner), MID/FWD, DEF/FWD and RUC/FWD.
I have a concussion concern around Tim English. Feels like he’s had a few now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back