Current Trial Wonnangatta - Russell Hill & Carol Clay vanish *Pilot Greg Lynn charged with murder

Did Greg Lynn tell police where he buried the bodies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
We should brace ourselves for the worst .. he seems to be shaping up as a narc raging, homicidal maniac with a history of evading accountability.
Probably but let’s not get too excited about what “locals” say, police don’t talk openly to locals, even local uniformed police wouldn’t have any idea, also we are only getting 1 side, we may never know the true story.

Just paint it a different colour and they'll never suspect it's yours.

Or invest in one of these, like old mate should have:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the locals would have any idea, classic bush telegraph, I heard he drained the bodies and drunk their blood…
I wouldn't have said anything if it were just from a "local" at the pub. The source is IMO a very reliable one.
The information also correlates with the reports that bone "fragments" were found rather than "bodies". I've been sure from the point of arrest that they had to have had something pretty concrete to have slapped 2 murder charges on him and I'm even more sure now that he didn't dispose of everything that might have had evidence on it.

I wouldn't have said anything if it were just from a "local" at the pub. The source is IMO a very reliable one.
The information also correlates with the reports that bone "fragments" were found rather than "bodies". I've been sure from the point of arrest that they had to have had something pretty concrete to have slapped 2 murder charges on him and I'm even more sure now that he didn't dispose of everything that might have had evidence on it.

There's been some chat around Lynn returning to the site and crushing them down but it's just chatter so I can't say there's any real basis to it. If he was doing that, it's possible he was taking bits away with him to scatter. Investigators will have to work out which one it is ie. did he cut them up and scatter parts before he buried what was left where they were found or did he return to remove bits and pieces?

They'll need to know what the answer is to respond to a defence of 'mental impairment'. If he was to proceed on that.

We should brace ourselves for the worst .. he seems to be shaping up as a narc raging, homicidal maniac with a history of evading accountability. Capable of just about anything.

Nice. I wonder how many of us have flown in his planes over the years. Huge congratulations to whoever grounded him due to concerns about his mental health.

Nice. I wonder how many of us have flown in his planes over the years. Huge congratulations to whoever grounded him due to concerns about his mental health.

I thought he and his wife were furloughed with Jetstar but the insider chat was that it was the international airline where he came under attention for a mental health issue? Qatar I think.

If Badd0g 's info is accurate, this guy is a really seriously messed up character. I could understand if GL was under accumulated stress and RH's drone triggered and p1ssed him off, and he grabbed it off him, stomped on it and stormed off. Or if RH made some comment about campsites and GL told him where to go. But to kill two people, (allegedly) cut them up, drive their bodies elsewhere, burn them then bury them, then go home and act like nothing has happened is not just next level, but a whole series of next levels. Glad he didn't have any confrontations with anyone else in the period since murders of CC and RH and GL's arrest. Or at least, none we know of...

Based on that he is one sick puppy. You also mentioned an argument over campsite location? If Lynn was already in the best spot then was he whinging that they setup too close to him? I can't think of any other motive re campsite altercation? You wonder how this sort of detail managed to get into the hands of a local?

I wonder why GL decided to camp alone? I’m
Sure many people do it, it’s not uncommon.
But he has a family which did frequently go with him, after the murder took place, because he put it all over fb.
Was it just because he had time off, or needed time off, or no one wanted to? Or did he like to go alone so he could engage in activities, whatever they may be, that no one with him could witness?

Based on that he is one sick puppy. You also mentioned an argument over campsite location? If Lynn was already in the best spot then was he whinging that they setup too close to him? I can't think of any other motive re campsite altercation? You wonder how this sort of detail managed to get into the hands of a local?

Or Russell confronted him about taking his spot that he had maybe setup/scoped earlier that week, and then it all escalated from that.

Or Russell confronted him about taking his spot that he had maybe setup/scoped earlier that week, and then it all escalated from that.

I have trouble believing that RH would have confronted a stranger about taking "his" spot! The impression we have is that GL was there for a couple of days at least before RH & CC arrived. If you go to a camping site and someone is set up in the spot where you usually camp, do you go up to them and start an argument? Well, no, something "bad" could happen to you! Maybe he said in passing GL's camp (on the way to the WC) that it is the best spot and where he usually camps, but I'm not sure that would start an argument. RH wasn't known to be aggressive, and before you quote an incident from his youth I'll say that hopefully he learned a lesson from that, having come off second best.

I am actually at a loss as to what would cause someone to kill two OAP's who had only arrived a couple of hours before at most. I've really concluded that there was probably nothing, except he was in the mood to kill someone and ended up discovering that RH had a lady friend, and killed her as well.

I have trouble believing that RH would have confronted a stranger about taking "his" spot! The impression we have is that GL was there for a couple of days at least before RH & CC arrived. If you go to a camping site and someone is set up in the spot where you usually camp, do you go up to them and start an argument? Well, no, something "bad" could happen to you! Maybe he said in passing GL's camp (on the way to the WC) that it is the best spot and where he usually camps, but I'm not sure that would start an argument. RH wasn't known to be aggressive, and before you quote an incident from his youth I'll say that hopefully he learned a lesson from that, having come off second best.

I am actually at a loss as to what would cause someone to kill two OAP's who had only arrived a couple of hours before at most. I've really concluded that there was probably nothing, except he was in the mood to kill someone and ended up discovering that RH had a lady friend, and killed her as well.
That’s why I favour the “accident” scenario. After that is where it all went totally pear shaped. Instead of reporting it and going through months of investigations, coroner, lawyers, publicity, angry relatives, punishment, he chose to conceal what he’d done. Until - one day it was all discovered, and now - months of investigations, coroner, lawyers, publicity, angry relatives, punishment…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s why I favour the “accident” scenario. After that is where it all went totally pear shaped. Instead of reporting it and going through months of investigations, coroner, lawyers, publicity, angry relatives, punishment, he chose to conceal what he’d done. Until - one day it was all discovered, and now - months of investigations, coroner, lawyers, publicity, angry relatives, punishment…

An accident in where 2 people are killed separately? That doesn't match his charges which equal 2 x Murder? What sort of accident were you thinking may have happened.?

An accident in where 2 people are killed separately? That doesn't match his charges which equal 2 x Murder? What sort of accident were you thinking may have happened.?
No, killed together. I have postulated my theory (and been laughed at by those favouring guns, hand-to-hand combat, deranged serial killers) quite a lot it seems. Post #1562 is the main one, but I've had quite a bit to say since, haha, in the same vein.
Prepared to accept I could be wrong ;) We'll have to wait for the trial to find out.

No, killed together. I have postulated my theory (and been laughed at by those favouring guns, hand-to-hand combat, deranged serial killers) quite a lot it seems. Post #1562 is the main one, but I've had quite a bit to say since, haha, in the same vein.
Prepared to accept I could be wrong ;) We'll have to wait for the trial to find out.

Anything is possible but if he ran them over in the tent I believe he would have known they were in there. In a fit of rage I believe Lynn would have wanted to confront the individual who made him angry? Only have to wait until May or June to find out? I wonder if anyone in these forums has it right? LOL

Anything is possible but if he ran them over in the tent I believe he would have known they were in there. In a fit of rage I believe Lynn would have wanted to confront the individual who made him angry? Only have to wait until May or June to find out? I wonder if anyone in these forums has it right? LOL
Maybe he did, but that's a huge jump from just wanting to scare a couple of elderly strangers and drive them away. I can't believe he was just hanging around waiting for someone to kill, because of depression/unemployment/murderous feelings towards society in general. I don't know the guy at all, unlike many on here who can describe his life and state of mind with certainty :rolleyes:, so as I say, we'll just have to wait to find out.

Maybe he did, but that's a huge jump from just wanting to scare a couple of elderly strangers and drive them away. I can't believe he was just hanging around waiting for someone to kill, because of depression/unemployment/murderous feelings towards society in general. I don't know the guy at all, unlike many on here who can describe his life and state of mind with certainty :rolleyes:, so as I say, we'll just have to wait to find out.

To be fair, we've been collecting snippets of information on elements of his personality for weeks now but I'm pretty sure most of us know we can't be certain of anything. if there are things where we can make some safe conclusions.

I don't think the incident used as an example was from his youth, and I believe there are more recent examples of his demeanour. Did you know RH?

That last line is a really long bow to draw. GL seems to have killed two innocent people, but there must have been some trigger for it, whether a drone, campsite whatever. But I doubt he just wandered over to RH/CC campsite and killed them because he was "in the mood".

Last edited:

I don't think anyone has laughed at your theory, certainly not me (I hope my couple of posts replying to you you along the way weren't taken as deriding your theory). Sure, I think it's a less likely scenario, but it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true. There are so many twists to this story, and every new detail that emerges just makes it even more bizarre. GL seems to have been/is an unhinged character, but as you say, we'll have to wait for the trial.

I don't think anyone has laughed at your theory, certainly not me (I hope my couple of posts replying to you you along the way weren't taken as deriding your theory). Sure, I think it's a less likely scenario, but it wouldn't surprise me if it turned out to be true. There are so many twists to this story, and every new detail that emerges just makes it even more bizarre. GL seems to have been/is an unhinged character, but as you say, we'll have to wait for the trial.
Thanks, I probably should have said most found it unbelievable. But bizarre things happen, truth is stranger than fiction as they say, and it seems to me to be the simplest explanation. But what would I know :$. It’ll probably turn out Lynn is another Ivan Milat.

Thanks, I probably should have said most found it unbelievable. But bizarre things happen, truth is stranger than fiction as they say, and it seems to me to be the simplest explanation. But what would I know :$. It’ll probably turn out Lynn is another Ivan Milat.

If your theory is true, I'll happily buy you a beer. My challenge though, will be getting to Sirius to do that. I have a beaten up Millenium Falcon-type craft, sort of a beige colour, apparently used to be blue, and possibly white before that. Bought it from some traffic smuggler called Greg Solo, who won it from Howitt the Hut(t)!

There's been some chat around Lynn returning to the site and crushing them down but it's just chatter so I can't say there's any real basis to it. If he was doing that, it's possible he was taking bits away with him to scatter. Investigators will have to work out which one it is ie. did he cut them up and scatter parts before he buried what was left where they were found or did he return to remove bits and pieces?

They'll need to know what the answer is to respond to a defence of 'mental impairment'. If he was to proceed on that.
Going back to move the remains is even more disturbing. I think I'm leaning toward everything post their deaths occurring at GHA - would have made it easier to dispose of them and required a smaller hole/less digging.

BadDog said that Russel Hill hadn't been there the week before, it was elsewhere around 1-2 hours away from memory so if it was campsite related it wasn't that
That was info from his HF radio crew. He reported to be camping at up at King Billy (two ranges east) when they had their usual 6pm chat the week prior. IIRC, it was only for the night - midweek, which his mates thought was odd. It's been suggested that he could have given them false info (and lets face it, he could have been anywhere and they'd be none the wiser), but aside from mateship, one of the reasons they kept/keep in touch that way is for safety, so it wouldn't have been in his interest to give them a false location - particularly given he was on his own.

Back