Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure any posters on here have included Brodie in a best 22. Generally low expectations. Mathew Johnson on the other hand, officially excited.
Yep, I have Brodie competing with Blakely to be the medical sub. Big bodies can usually cover multiple positions or at least add to midfield rotation to allow others cover for the injured player.

I do love the continued strawman arguments - Will Brodie isn't up to it, plain and simple - and it's his own fault. That's all I'm saying, I'm not even attacking Freo whatsoever, but I guess it's a touch fragile in here.
But you've come in absolutely certain that Will Brodie is lazy and won't accept any discussion of the GC S&C team - on what basis?

It was tongue in cheek, but unless you are a part of the GC coaching staff your insistence that Brodie is solely responsible for being less fit than the rest of the Freo list is so much more fragile than questioning the GC program.

Of course you're not attacking Freo, your bizarrely defending Gold Coast. No one here cares if you throw shade at the players for being unfit, go your hardest , but it would be great if you could back it up with literally anything...

I do love the continued strawman arguments - Will Brodie isn't up to it, plain and simple - and it's his own fault. That's all I'm saying, I'm not even attacking Freo whatsoever, but I guess it's a touch fragile in here.

Fans of a football club will defend their club's players. Defending Will Brodie from an Essendon's fans bizarre personal rant about him doesn't make them "fragile"

I went down for a while this morning. The boys did a a bit of on the run goal kicking from around the 50 metre arc. Simulation drills. Tackling in close to boundary situations.
I notice that Josh Carr is back in the fold.
Fyfe, Sturt, Taberner, Benning, Treacy, all in what looked like the rehab. doing lots of running.

I suspect this poster is just a troll and I've been sucked in to engaging with them
I went down for a while this morning. The boys did a a bit of on the run goal kicking from around the 50 metre arc. Simulation drills. Tackling in close to boundary situations.
Fyfe, Sturt, Taberner, Benning, Treacy, all in what looked like the rehab. doing lots of running.
A training report! As I live and breathe!

Thanks for sharing :)

I am thrilled if taking a shot on goal from the 50 becomes part of our repertoire. I am sick of dinky kicks to a 2 on 1 from the 50.

He got a ton of it in the seconds last year and so I think he just needs a prolonged crack at AFL level to prove his worth - providing his base level of fitness is sufficient.

A bit like the issue with Ryley Dunn.

Fans of a football club will defend their club's players. Defending Will Brodie from an Essendon's fans bizarre personal rant about him doesn't make them "fragile"

“bizzare rant” or just a short factual statement? No worries fellas I’ll stop riling you all up with my pesky info and disrupting your preferred narratives. Enjoy the bubble.

Went down for a look at training-nice day for it,kicked off just after 9:30 and still going near midday when I left.2/3 players I didn’t recognise maybe from peel or train ons.Good to see young and weston out of rehab group as well as switta training fully.standouts Alex pierce -looking fit and strong,Erasamus looks like he has been playing this level for a few years,tucker tackling with intent,WILL BRODIE with some excellent inside work as well as showing a bit of toe on a couple of occasions.Johnson Ned’s to put on a bit of size but moves well and a great kick.Bradshaw always setting the standard along with Serong.

“bizzare rant” or just a short factual statement? No worries fellas I’ll stop riling you all up with my pesky info and disrupting your preferred narratives. Enjoy the bubble.
Good to see you're cherry-picking which comments you respond to. You've been asked multiple times for literally any justification for your "short factual statement" but strangely you don't seem interested in providing anything. You're a troll mate, and one with a really weird agenda. Might be time to head back to the Dons board and slot back into the "Jobe woz robbed" circle-jerk.

What actual “info” have you provided *****?

You came in, expressed a view, received views to the contrary, then labelled everyone fragile for disagreeing.

I’m sure that behaviour would get the same reaction on any other board.

Jog on campaigner.

Some pics from training.
I will put more up shortly .I have to resize most of them.

Attachments

• P1010351 (2).JPG
    P1010351 (2).JPG
    54 KB · Views: 170
  • P1010353.JPG
    P1010353.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 171
  • P1010367.JPG
    P1010367.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 168
  • P1010389 (2).JPG
    P1010389 (2).JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 166
  • P1010384.JPG
    P1010384.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 166
  • P1010364.JPG
    P1010364.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 168

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just quietly a bubble is pretty much the definition of the individual club boards. You know so fans of one club can talk about their club away from the cut & thrust of the general boards.
your post is very passive aggressive & you are not genuinely engaging in good faith, simply pushing your opinions as facts without providing any context.
not cool.

Rehabbing Fyfe-building nicely,Mundy mainly laps with a bit of kicking,tabs and walker pounding out laps-both look close to joining main group,again didn’t notice josh tracey doing a lot-not sure what issue is there.
He was in the rehab group. Did lots of short running exercises. Early on close tot he stands, did a fair bit of close marking from close kicks.If that makes sense.
It seems that Valente is still having groin troubles.
Did not spot Serong either.

This thing about Brodie, I watched him today for the first time mainly in the match sims, he looked ok without standing out. I wouldn't like to see Fyfe lose any more weight. He has obviously set himself to trim down and it has worked and may help him move better and play longer, but he almost looks a bit unwell. He obviously isn't because he trained hard and long. Walters has also trimmed down but he probably needed to lose a little bit. One guy who does need some miles in his legs is Benning, he was struggling with the laps but he will be fine. His history is a little different to most coming from where he was playing and only playing in Perth last year. Lot to like about his future I think. Generally all look pretty fit but a bit early to make any judgements, get a better idea when the squad are all on the park.

Got here about 10 .30.
Serong was involved in 1/2 field quick ball movement drill, but didn't play in the match sim.
Was back in orange .
Henry might be a frustrating again this year. He seemed it lead to bad spots, but when he got the ball a few
times it was exciting.
Does anyone at training know who the indigenous bloke playing forward was,?

You literally posted nothing info. Just random crap about Touk Miller being a better runner and Brodie not being as fit? Who cares, we can get players fit and don't need any "assistance" unlike another team, Victorian club, black and red.. I'm sure you can figure out who they are.

Preseason report#4

Rehab
The only players in rehab for the whole session were Fyfe, Mundy, Amiss and Treacy, others joined later after runs in the main group.
Mundy looks pretty good and was jogging laps at a reasonable Mundy speed. It appears the leg re-attachment is coming along a treat.
Fyfe spent a lot of time running and then leading for the ball in the forward line and appears to have improved significantly - but did revert back to one handed marking late in the session under fatigue.
Treacy is now concerning me, has spent every session I have observed in the rehab group and does not seem to have progressed much at all.

Main group
Large numbers (around 41) with up to 5 extra unknown additional trainers. One of the additional trainers was an indigenous boy built like a brick outhouse about Crowden height and was very good in the forward line.
The good news for me was the extra amount of training done by Hamling, Sturt and Tabs, they completed most training except at the end when they had the full ground full contact practice.
Hamling was having a great time competing and was in very good shape and full of enthusiasm.
The standouts for me was the speed of Clark running out of the backline, he is being used heaps by his teammates, Henry very skillful, great pace and laid some good tackles. Also thought Will Brodie (who I have mentioned before for lack of fitness) did a lot of good work in and under getting the ball out, possible Blakely replacement.
The session was long and there was barely a wasted moment as the players went at each other.
Serong still in the orange cap and sat out the full ground session.
Meek took it up to Darcy in spirited contests.
A lot of work being done on the final kick into the forward fifty, but we still seem to struggle to get good separation for our forward targets.
Lobb was the only standout forward.
Erasmus and Johnson are doing all training and don’t appear to be being held back at all, Erasmus already imposing himself on contests and looking the part of a starting midfielder.
At one point Crowden, Erasmus, Johnson, Clark, Serong and Chapman were working together and their kicking skills were all exceptional.
Also, don’t discount Banfield, he was very strong with his marking and was one of the best kicks into the forward line.

Disappointing
Frederick barely touched the ball and didn’t show any explosive pace at any point.

Missing
Valente

TTHD awards
Clark will provide fantastic run from the backline
Banfield - strong boy that really does very little wrong

Got here about 10 .30.
Serong was involved in 1/2 field quick ball movement drill, but didn't play in the match sim.
Was back in orange .
Henry might be a frustrating again this year. He seemed it lead to bad spots, but when he got the ball a few
times it was exciting.
Does anyone at training know who the indigenous bloke playing forward was,?
We've had a few NGA guys at training and I know for sure Josh Draper was at the last session, so maybe him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back