Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
King of the Calling by Pains Chapel

The production of this is terrible (demo/home recording quality), but the music is great! I have a feeling the singer likes King Diamond or maybe some Eric Wagner. Old-school metal with crotch-snatching vocals.

Not sure I'll get past the shitty audio quality, especially the drums, but I really dig their music. Recommended. Edit: highly recommended.

Last edited:

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Now playing: 1914 "Where Fear and Weapons Meet'". I love reading the lyrics in the booklet, amazing lyrics.
I've been giving these guys more than the odd listen lately, this album and The Blind Leading The Blind. Their lyrics are a combination of a history lesson and a story, and the music is pretty decent too.

If you tell me you haven't searched the Harlem Hellfighters after listening to Don't Tread On Me, I'd be inclined to say you're lying

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Seven by Agathodaimon

This album's not out until March but I enjoyed the song released. Black metal with a decent production and a little more going on than the litany of lo-fi stuff on bandcamp.

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oscillator II by BONGTOWER

With a name like Bongtower you could never pick the genre this band falls in...

Only two songs available now, the rest out next week. Good enough to want to check out more.

Schauermann

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 27, 2011
Hamburg
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Seven by Agathodaimon
Used to like the first 2 back in the days. Then they lost that vocaölist with that great Romanian accent. Really like accents in many cases. Early Moonspell or Belphegor for example.

But have to put Agathodaimon on later. Has been ages since. Still like a lot but some 90s keyboard stuff has lost me nowadays.

np: Doomsword - Doomsword

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Screenshot_20220114-173931_Messenger.jpg

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns
Could be worse. Just got off a video call 10min ago with a guy in the UK and it’s 3°.

Up until twenty minutes ago it was still 30 degrees. Seems like it has been like this for the past week or so. I’d kill for a 3 degree day now! Friend in Boston has been dealing with negative 14 degree lows. Will skip on that.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Up until twenty minutes ago it was still 30 degrees. Seems like it has been like this for the past week or so. I’d kill for a 3 degree day now! Friend in Boston has been dealing with negative 14 degree lows. Will skip on that.

Always prefer the cold, it's more black metal, but was in New York for Christmas/New Year's a few years ago and I can't remember the exact real temperature but the air temp was down to -20c. It was excruciating to go outside. One of the days it only peaked positive 1 at about 3 in the arvo. Still I find it easier to warm up than cool down. And I hate crotch sweat.

I love the hot weather, personally. Summer is my favourite time of year, except for the flies/bugs.

Giving a bit more attention to the NWOTHM.

Bastet- S/T. Absolutely loving it.

Back