AFLW Richmond v Melbourne Friday 14 January, 7.10pm Swinburne Centre

Lavey will be AA the way she’s going , if there’s 22 better players than her in the comp I’ll eat my hat.
:tophat:That's not even two players per team - here you go mate.......:womanshat: I like the sentiment though. She has been one of my faves since her first game and really gets playing the game in open play more when she is on the ground

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Some pretty encouraging numbers in the rap sheet , good sec half, we were really undermanned, got very little from 4-5 players

4E1F79ED-556F-4231-AC3E-E5E303490FAD.jpeg

Some pretty encouraging numbers in the rap sheet , good sec half, we were really undermanned, got very little from 4-5 players

View attachment 1310961

I know it's selective thinking, but can you imagine what that all looks like if you take out the 2nd qtr. The point is we had that game mostly on our terms but for a lapse. With an inferior side. It says a lot about about the galvanizing effect Brennan is having on the side being able to get us back on equal terms during that second half

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
I know it's selective thinking, but can you imagine what that all looks like if you take out the 2nd qtr. The point is we had that game mostly on our terms but for a lapse. With an inferior side. It says a lot about about the galvanizing effect Brennan is having on the side being able to get us back on equal terms during that second half
We weren’t far out of the game , only had 1 winning forward 3G from mids is a terrific haul , millzy D’Arcy Shevlin should all return molan is better than several too. Onwards to next week

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Now we just need to raise the fight when the momentum is against us, once we can do this we will be hard to beat.
Was telling we were undermanned , just couldn’t get our hands on it ,the fight back was admirable , kick 6G in a loss in W v a qty oppo says a bit

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

yeah it was roughly a 6 minute burst in the 2nd Q that saw them get a handy lead, 7 scoring shots to 0, 7 frees to 0
Dargin, Jacques & Maddy Branc did well, cracked in hard, i'm pleased for them

Lynch tried hard, lacked polish & awareness, didn't see McClelland & Sansonetti tho
great courage from Macdonald, Jess Hosking & Miller need to clean up their disposals

Feb 14, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond

if we had McKenzie it could have been different, selective thinking i know
can i say again what stars Lavey & Seymour are

we kept Paxman, Mithven & Zanker quiet, i thought Cordner beat Harris even tho she got 2 goals

Can't question effort and endeavour....there depth told in the end ....Kelly was a huge loss would of broke even in the ruck

I was on the lavey train from day 1 just keeps getting better

bc27

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Was at the game and the girls had a n absolute crack but just couldn’t stop the run on of goals Melbourne found.
They deserve to take a lot of heart from this game and plenty to work on but plenty of positives against a very experienced strong Melbourne team.

Great night of footy

bc27

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
again, what a emerging star Gabby Seymour is
If Seymour is number 28 then totally agree.
She was fantastic down back.

Brennen played a great last quarter and when she really works hard she’s very hard to beat. She can really take over a game but just wasn’t proactive enough during the second quarter.

Conti and Hosking both are fantastic players. Conti really backs her ability to link up and can create attacking plays from not much.
My only gripe with these two is that they have zero interest in playing 2-way football. Hosking has a bit more determination on this side but conti has zero interest in working hard defensively.
Also conti needs to work on her opposite foot. She puts herself into a lot of trouble because not having a left.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
if we had McKenzie it could have been different, selective thinking i know
can i say again what stars Lavey & Seymour are

we kept Paxman, Mithven & Zanker quiet, i thought Cordner beat Harris even tho she got 2 goals
Harris tripped over it on the line for her second ,

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

Brennen played a great last quarter and when she really works hard she’s very hard to beat. She can really take over a game but just wasn’t proactive enough during the second quarter.

Conti and Hosking both are fantastic players. Conti really backs her ability to link up and can create attacking plays from not much.
My only gripe with these two is that they have zero interest in playing 2-way football. Hosking has a bit more determination on this side but conti has zero interest in working hard defensively.
Also conti needs to work on her opposite foot. She puts herself into a lot of trouble because not having a left.
Not sure agree with much of that , hosko for starters nowhere near mon con level , she adds grunt to our. Midfield with pressure and contested work , lacks polish on kicking ,a sound handballer . Mon lacks for support, hosko branc Dempsey didn’t add much tonight , lavey was very good, leaves MC with way too much work to do

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond

Didn’t conti lead the tackle count last week in a game we dominated?

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
We won three quarters on the scoreboard and went down by 16pts. That second quarter tho we just completely lost our structure and composure and got smashed. Endeavour was great tho. Lots to work with and building nicely. Will we see our best 22 on the park this year, that's the question (probably for every club).

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Poppy, MacKenzie and Stahl out hurt for us. Even Yasser out changed our structure up forward from last week because Yasser would have given us more leg speed in the forward line

Agree lost a bit of that forward zip with Stahl and Yassir out.

Miller would've appreciated Darcy our there tonight, just thought she made a few too many errors.

I gotta mention Sarah Hosking, personally as a mid i dont think she is doing enough ave 11 disposals over the first 2 games (9 kicks and 13 handbells).
After Conti, it drops off rapidly. Of course, when Mackenzie gets back it gives us another star in the centre and hopefully allows Hosking and co to get off the leash.

Back