News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
This is literally the same thing that happened at my mums workplace, this dickhead of a worker who works with my mum and he knowingly had Covid rocked up to work coughing sneezing and touching everyone.

then everyone on her counter starts dropping like flies including my mum and people from other brands!!

it’s sickening!! Like he was already very shifty but it’s like come on have some decency and stay the fu** home!!

They could sue him and would definitely win.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m confused.

at work, my coworker tested positive who I worked with on the same counter for a couple of days and I was a close contact but we didn’t have to isolate.

now because my mum has it I’m so confused?? The lady said the close contacts have to isolate?? But it’s like contradicting??

You're a household contact so I think you're locked up for seven days.

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just heard on the news here that 1 in 30 Aussies has covid. Man that's happened fast !

Given the positive test rates are into the 20 to 40% range there is no way that we are close to capturing all the cases. Wouldn't surprise me is it was as high as 1 in 15.

At Christmas I barely knew anyone who knew some that had had Covid. Now I know a heap of people who have had it.

After only knowing one or two people with Covid prior to Mid-December the tally since then is now up to 9.
My uncle who is in his 80’s and my mates pregnant partner both went to hospital but are both on the mend. It has really knocked my uncle around though. He was so weak prior to the hospital stay that he slept on the floor next to his bed after basically crawling there from his armchair. My aunt wasn’t strong enough to lift him into bed and he refused to let her call an ambulance. Luckily they were all vaccinated.
Of the others they ranged from fairly mild symptoms through to feeling really shite for 4 or 5 days.

B4Bear

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
1642122725183.png

So to clarify this, the Commonwealth's order has essentially become a redistribution of already allocated RATs. So there is not $65 million in NEW tests becoming available. There is $65 million in tests that will be distributed by the federal government that were going to other recipients originally.

What a s**t fight.

Lol my partner is watching the stream of the Djokovic court hearing at the moment.

I knew I needed to lessen my expectations of what an exciting Friday night was going to be like when I became domesticated as a dad, but this is ridiculous.
Just wait for the mother’s group nights out start and you wait up to hear all about babies and mothers you have never met. Good times.

Back